Author Topic: CoH d20 Game ?  (Read 1148 times)

Lupur

• Minion
CoH d20 Game ?
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »
This weekend I spent some time thinking ( and drinking, and eating ) with some friends that I used to play D&D with.

I say 'play' it was mostly just an excuse for 5 guys to spend the whole day drinking and eating and laugh at the ridiculous things our GM would let us get away with ( own a Cockatrice fighting ring in a bag of holding, magical parachute pants, a book that was a doorway to Cthulu ( tentacles and all when opened ) etc, etc :P  )

This got me thinking about the silly things we used to laugh about when playing CoH, so I figured, why the hell aren't we doing this right now ??

I've drafted up some basic rules and ideas for how this could work out.

It's meant to be pretty casual, story driven with chances to upgrade your chars directly rather than being item based hack and slash.

I don't know how well this will have the 'feeling' of CoH. Obviously slower paced, but still with a 'community' ( the chums you play with ).

Hell, you could recreate the Task Forces and just see what happens :P

Here's the basic idea behind the game

Here's the spreadsheet with the 'pics' and more ideas

Obviously this is still super early, and it is only for 'private use'

I want it to just be a 'Print and go' type thing. A community project if you will :)

if there's enough interest / feedback, and if my friends seem interested, I'll keep going until there's something that looks at least half professional :P

Those of you who choose to 'play' the game for the greater good, will be much thanked :D

Huh, I really do use a lot of smileys ...

8)

edit: oh right, the links are to docs.google pages

o7
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:20:58 AM by Lupur »
Carpe Diem!                  .
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><