Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 211752 times)

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99g Beta!
« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2015, 04:28:04 AM »

Try Pocket D, and the Chalet.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #461 on: December 10, 2015, 07:24:53 AM »
You can also ask around on the Paragon Chat channel to see where folks are gathered. 

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2015, 07:46:32 AM »
Wait, snow flurries?  I don't recall weather effects in the game.  Screenshots?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2015, 02:37:08 PM »
Snow!  :D

Azrael.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »
Wait, snow flurries?  I don't recall weather effects in the game.

Correct, despite being often requested, COH did not have any sort of dynamic weather. The closest it came was some static effects baked into specific mission maps.

Paragon Chat has an experimental outdoor weather system, the only implemented type so far being snow. The fx for it are 'borrowed' from the holiday temporary snowstorm power, which was just a player-specific effect not everyone could see. As for where and when to find it, well, who can predict the weather really?

As the season progresses I think it's likely that snow will be more common, and by the time the new year rolls around people might be getting sick of it.

If you really want to see it, I hear that it snows more often in King's Row than anywhere else, for reasons. Not a guarantee of course.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #465 on: December 10, 2015, 03:53:22 PM »
The Snow is a wonderful Holiday gift, Codewalker!  Thanks to you and your team for making it possible.   :D

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #466 on: December 10, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »
Correct, despite being often requested, COH did not have any sort of dynamic weather. The closest it came was some static effects baked into specific mission maps.

Paragon Chat has an experimental outdoor weather system, the only implemented type so far being snow. The fx for it are 'borrowed' from the holiday temporary snowstorm power, which was just a player-specific effect not everyone could see. As for where and when to find it, well, who can predict the weather really?

As the season progresses I think it's likely that snow will be more common, and by the time the new year rolls around people might be getting sick of it.

If you really want to see it, I hear that it snows more often in King's Row than anywhere else, for reasons. Not a guarantee of course.

Oh intrigue...

Azrael.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #467 on: December 10, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
I'm not sure if it's mentioned upthread, but I logged on today after a bit of a hiatus and noticed Mender Sally wasn't in the pool on Ouroboros. Was wondering when/why? I miss her... :)

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #468 on: December 10, 2015, 10:32:33 PM »
So where's the most activity atlas park? I logged in as villain in mercy and no one around?

Well, you found folks in Pocket D, and managed to get yourself put on everyone's ignore list in very short order. Well done, you. :S

Pooterific

• Underling
« Reply #469 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58:20 PM »
Ugh I hope that's not all that logs on would make me very sad :-( I remember some pretty cool people

Pooterific

• Underling
« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:04 PM »
To say I made the ignore list so fast.. I came in to some sort of not very good roleplaying.. I said maybe 3 things in a role play manner to fit in with whatever it was you all were trying.. then did a few emotes.. lol so if this gets me ignored I welcome the ignore.. I loved and played this game for years and thought this was a group of like minded people.. not a kliqy group of separatists

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2015, 07:37:20 AM »
You then starting running all over the place, shoving people around (and me off my stool, twice) and generally being really irritating.  If you're not into RP that's fine, but kindly don't bother others who are. With PC's ignore system, it removes you from our view completely so you can't bother us.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #472 on: December 14, 2015, 04:50:32 AM »
Tried to open PC via the Tequila Launcher just now, and am getting the message "Bad Gateway:  nginx/1.6.2 (Ubuntu)"

However, the Paragon Chat launcher seems to work ok, and lets me into Paragon Chat.   Any idea what the Tequila message is about?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #473 on: December 14, 2015, 07:23:46 AM »
Tried to open PC via the Tequila Launcher just now, and am getting the message "Bad Gateway:  nginx/1.6.2 (Ubuntu)"

However, the Paragon Chat launcher seems to work ok, and lets me into Paragon Chat.   Any idea what the Tequila message is about?

It doesn't really matter TBH. Tequilla is not needed once you have i24. Paragon Chat updates itself.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #474 on: December 14, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
OK, thanks.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #475 on: December 27, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
As usual, so wrapped up in Dec. Christmas prep (baking, shopping, wrapping, shipping, the Christmas Letter & cards, and then family visits) that I didn't have much chance to log into PC.  Hope we'll have the snow around for a while into January & February, now that things have slowed down again.  :-)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #476 on: January 01, 2016, 04:11:50 AM »
Hmmm.... logged into Paragon Chat via the PC launcher (rather than using Tequila), and found that many many of the costume parts in Icon seem to be locked.  Is this a recent bug?

EDIT:  Oh, huzzah, tracked down the problem in earlier posts and applied the solution.  All fixed, and everything's working perfectly now.  I love these forums!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:11:01 PM by Nyghtshade »

fleck05

• Underling
« Reply #477 on: January 04, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »
When I attempt to open the chat I see it for maybe half a second then it vanishes. I have tried rebooting, deleting and installing again, both with the same result. Sorry if I missed a post on this subject from earlier - I didn't see this problem listed. Thank you.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #478 on: January 04, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
When I attempt to open the chat I see it for maybe half a second then it vanishes. I have tried rebooting, deleting and installing again, both with the same result. Sorry if I missed a post on this subject from earlier - I didn't see this problem listed. Thank you.

More information is needed.  Where is CoH installed? Is ParagonChat in the same folder? Are you getting any kind of error message?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #479 on: January 05, 2016, 06:03:36 AM »
More information is needed.  Where is CoH installed? Is ParagonChat in the same folder? Are you getting any kind of error message?
And, if you open Task Manager after the crash, is either cityofheroes.exe or paragonchat.exe running?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal