Author Topic: Extra badges in CIT  (Read 7091 times)

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
Extra badges in CIT
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
I ran through the settitle binds on a couple of my characters today, and for some reason CIT displayed extra verified badges. I checked that both CoX and HeroStats said I had the same number, and HeroStats is only sending the ones I actually see in-game, but CIT shows more. For example, Ambulatory2000 has 181 badges according to both CoX and HeroStats, but CIT says 188.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/202230

I messed around with a little, trying various badges, and I think it's got something to do with Gladiator badges. For example, I deleted another of my toons, NyteBird, and then selected just one badge - the Abomination gladiator. HeroStats showed one badge, and in the log it showed only sending Abomination to the web service. On CIT, I got two badges - Abomination and Synapse's Cohort. Then I selected Button Man Gunner, and got both Button Man Gunner and Keeper of Peace. But then I selected some non-gladiator badges and didn't get any extras: Reinforcement, Weapon's Inspector, Member of Vanguard. It doesn't seem to happen every time with every gladiator, but I can reproduce it pretty consistently as described above.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
  • Let the Eternal fire of Justice stay lit.
    • CoH Titan
Re: Extra badges in CIT
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »
what bind file are you using??? The one on the forum is only to 999 and we really should have one of the 2 new ones posted. The highest settitle now is in up to 1200. Which I think I'm going to do after I drop my nephew off with his parents. I think that could contribute. I will on in game at around 5pm (hopefully). I'll do a manual verify for you.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

Titan Network Member Page  

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
1175 is the actual end of the Settitles right now, but we are pushing 1200 just to round it out.

I was going to suggest it was the Binds, but it can't be.  If HS/Gly is showing the actual Badges that are selected, how is it possible that other Badges are passing to the Site when they are not showing up in the Tracking Aps?  We are using the Settitles to pull the Badge Names, and those Names are what is being seen by the Tracking Aps and sent to the Site (hence the "Medic" issue).  Unless I'm mistaken in this, or am missing something, this item doesn't make sense how it's possible.

Aside from that, I have just completed my analysis.  the Excel Sheet Steiner posted for us, Ken, has the right Numbers.  The Site is Updated correctly.

*Edit, well the numbers are right, but we didn't Update the Site yet.  Working on it.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
ya, wow... this might be Mav-X's badge logic just working TOO well... seems that if you get a badge the rewards the gladiator... it bounces that count up... but if you're using the SetTitle files... than it very well might be bouncing the # up again once the binds actually get to those badges... I'm going to reset my badger and verify each step on this one... only way to fully get wrap my head around this one...

~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »
Forgot about the newly implemented item.  I'm an idiot...it's working correctly lol.

By selecting Button Man Gunner, the Pre-req of Keeper of the Peace was also selected...just the same, Abomination comes from Synapse's Cohort.

There are no problems here, it's all done on the Site.

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 12:20:53 AM »
OK, I buy that explanation for the gladiators. How about this one?

Ambulatory2000 does not have the Conspiracy Theorist accolade in game, but it shows up on the site. I narrowed this down to the selection of The Doctor's Ally. Deleted him off the site, selected The Doctor's Ally, synced badges - and both The Doctor's Ally and Conspiracy Theorist show up.

This is how he currently shows up on the site, in case it helps to look at his current data.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/202424
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
    • CoH Titan
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »
From this I have a theory of the data being fails we have entered into the site. I am checking on this now and will edit my post on conclusion.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
    • CoH Titan
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 05:28:06 AM »
Ok! I'm stuck on this one. I tried to duplicate the problem but didn't get the same results. I had all the badge but the one crey badge (dont ask the name at this hour) and i got nothing. I even had all of them marked as obtained but the accolade was picked up by the site. Something is getting miss read here. There are 2 instances of your character in out db tho. One doesn't have a global. Not sure what that can contribute. Was tempted to remove the second.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Feel free to completely remove all my toons if it helps to troubleshoot, I can then re-run the test of adding the badge. It's easy enough to re-add them all through HS/settitle binds.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
    • CoH Titan
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
Ok. I removed the older duplicate character. There a new generic bind file that avail. Steiner's new Settitle zip will be fully functional soon as soon as Taz and I finish the i13 updates. Try removing all your badges and run threw the settitles again. Let me know what you find.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 12:17:31 PM »
Thanks, I'll try this out whenever I have time to log on to the game again. Been too busy at work to do anything in the last few days.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »
The Updates are done, everything should be set and ready for you when you get the chance to get back on. :)

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »
Finally got a chance to log on and try this out. First I tried Ambulatory2000 again - deleted him from the site and ran through his 183 badges. CIT showed 189. Extras:

Conspiracy Theorist
Portal Jockey
Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member
Archmage
Vanguard
Geas of the Kind Ones

Then I deleted NyteBird and ran through the 216 badges she has, and CIT showed 222. Extras:

Conspiracy Theorist
Portal Jockey
Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member
Archmage
Vanguard
Geas of the Kind Ones

All of these are accolades that I have at least one of the badges for, but not all. They did not show up in the HeroStats list, so they weren't actually sent, they must be picked up by the auto-granting logic.

I went ahead and manually removed the extras, but you can see the 216 that this toon really has here:

http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/203897
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
Ah, so what's going on here (as I understand it) is that the Webservice is reading the Pre-req Badges and Updating for the Accolade for that Toon, even if they don't have it yet.  It's only meant to read the Accolades/Gladiators and then add the Pre-reqs for it....I didn't think it would do the reverse.  We'll have Mav look into it.

darkassj

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
Yeah I had the same accolade badges miss adding, was very pleased to have atlas and portal jockey, only to realise I dont realy have them, seems to be linked in abtaining some requred badges !

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »
I just sent Mav a request for an Update on this issue.  I'm not sure what has been done since we last talked about this last month.  Someone will Post back here when we resolve this issue.