Author Topic: Custom sorting flaw.  (Read 4396 times)

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
Custom sorting flaw.
« on: July 19, 2009, 06:34:15 AM »
There seems to be a limit on the number of characters that can be custom sorted.

I sorted my characters first by server and saved. That worked.

I then moved all my triumph characters to the top and saved. That worked.

I then moved all my Liberty characters after the Triumph characters and saved. That worked.

I then sorted my Triumph characters by faction and saved. That worked.

I then sorted my Liberty characters by faction and saved. After reloading, I now have this sort:
http://cit.cohtitan.com/profile/114

This is not the order I put them in, it is an alphabetical list of the characters by name.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Custom sorting flaw.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
First off, let me state... "you CRAZAH!" that's a lot of characters... the kind of number that makes vet players like me that haven't gotten to that number... feel very inadequate. obviously your a veteran player... you have a titan key in the lower 100s... so no disrespect intended.

I'll take a look it real quick... it's jQuery saving params to the database.. it's a little hard to predict how it's going to act sometimes.

A cool side note you might like to know having so many characters... if you hold down CTRL on you keyboard and click multiple fields... it does a multi-sort.

So, like I just went to your page, held down CTRL clicked Name and Server and it put all the characters in alphabetical order by server, THAN be character... probably works a bit backwards but I'm sure you'll find some use out of it.

Not 100% sure that sort saves correctly though. Don't think Suckerpunch knew the script did that when he designed it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:34:00 PM by Steiner »
~Steinerd

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
I have noticed that the save sorting option only works on your Manage page. Regardless of your sorting, the public profile always does an alphabetical by name display. Personally, I sort by date offline, so I can better keep track of when it's time to move someone to a new dayjob location.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 04:12:05 PM »
Would everyone like for the sort on the manage page to match the public list?
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:25:10 PM »

It makes sense.  On my list.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
I have noticed that the save sorting option only works on your Manage page. Regardless of your sorting, the public profile always does an alphabetical by name display. Personally, I sort by date offline, so I can better keep track of when it's time to move someone to a new dayjob location.

What Liz said.  The sorting doesn't apply to public profiles

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »
First off, let me state... "you CRAZAH!" that's a lot of characters... the kind of number that makes vet players like me that haven't gotten to that number... feel very inadequate. obviously your a veteran player... you have a titan key in the lower 100s... so no disrespect intended.
What can I say? I have a bad case of alt-itus. It goes in spurts though.

I'll take a look it real quick... it's jQuery saving params to the database.. it's a little hard to predict how it's going to act sometimes.
Ahh, makes sense. I gather it is a JSON request?

A cool side note you might like to know having so many characters... if you hold down CTRL on you keyboard and click multiple fields... it does a multi-sort.

So, like I just went to your page, held down CTRL clicked Name and Server and it put all the characters in alphabetical order by server, THAN be character... probably works a bit backwards but I'm sure you'll find some use out of it.
I didn't know about that, thanks for the tip!

Not 100% sure that sort saves correctly though. Don't think Suckerpunch knew the script did that when he designed it.
Programming is a black art that I love so much :grin:

Also:
Yes, this would be nice.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:41:10 PM by Snow Globe »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 01:19:01 AM »

Hmm.  I tried this with my page and can't seem to get it to show up right.  I'm not going to guarantee (read: support) something I can't get to work myself >.<

Steiner lied.  you have to click Shift, not control.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:58:00 AM by SaintNicster »

Snow Globe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »

Hmm.  I tried this with my page and can't seem to get it to show up right.  I'm not going to guarantee (read: support) something I can't get to work myself >.<

Steiner lied.  you have to click Shift, not control.
Doesn't do exactly what I'd like either, but sort of comes close. ;)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »
Another note on the multi-sorting:  our "Save Sorting" doesn't work for this.  It will only save the last column you clicked.  I'm looking into a fix for this, as well as looking at the way we do sorting in general.