Author Topic: Mids Designer - New Frontman  (Read 20474 times)

Turbo Starr

• Underling
Mids Designer - New Frontman
« on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »
What are the odds of getting Mids passed to someone who can actually fix the program rather than talk about fixing it.  Seems St0n3y is on track to doing just that.  Thanks St0n3y for taking the initiative and mad love for not throwing out imaginary deadlines that you can't meet.  This site has about zero credibility left and I'm over the excuses.  Never be to proud to ask for help or admit you can't do something.  Feel free to shred me, I dont care.

Life gets in the way sometimes. I can understand that.

Catharctic

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:38:31 PM »
*ATTENTION*

Mids is moving forward.

Here's the plan:

Because we're so close to Issue 16 Open Beta, we want the Issue 16 version of Mids to be the next public release. We're going to have a tight group of testers to get an up-to-date, clean-as-possible version out for Issue 16. You'll probably see test builds floating around all over the place.

If you use one of those test builds,

BACK UP YOR FILES

- AND / OR -

SAVE BUILDS IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER ALTOGETHER

Anyone who is watching this thread and will be a dedicated tester to make the new Mids as clean as possible, sign up in this thread. If you just want the test builds, watch the official forums. They'll be all over it once Issue 16 hits Open Beta.

That is all for now.

macskull

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
 :o Pick me!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
I'm sharpening my poking stick as I type this...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
What are the odds of getting Mids passed to someone who can actually fix the program rather than talk about fixing it.  Seems St0n3y is on track to doing just that.  Thanks St0n3y for taking the initiative and mad love for not throwing out imaginary deadlines that you can't meet.

You speakith, Titan bringith.

St0n3y is now a full-fledged Titan! He will be lead on the Mids' project and I will be his code-monkey backup that does all the shifty work with the code. Energy Aura will be his right-hand man relating to the numbers and such. Got ourselves a well rounded team here with st0n3y at the head of it.

They'll tell you more as we progress!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:22:13 PM by Tazhyngarth »
~Steinerd

Hekiryuu

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »
Im generally quiet on these forums, But willing to test the new Mids.  Also my wife (who doesnt use Titan, but loves mids/CoX works QA for a software development firm) would love to take a crack at it.

Though How badly do you want your testers to try breaking the program?  The spectrum me and her joke about goes from "Lois Lane getting kidnapped yet again" (every day use) to "Doomsday fighting Superman with a Kryptonite Baseball Bat." (I didn't know you could even attempt to do that).

Also Will this be a PC only test, or multi platform?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »
Windows only - the multi-platform Mids is not available yet (nor any deadline for it).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »
...Though How badly do you want your testers to try breaking the program?  The spectrum me and her joke about goes from "Lois Lane getting kidnapped yet again" (every day use) to "Doomsday fighting Superman with a Kryptonite Baseball Bat." (I didn't know you could even attempt to do that).

Test everything you can think of, TRY to break it as best you can...then just remember what you did when it broke so we can see if it's something that no one ever should've done so we aren't going to fix it, or how badly it affects the system so we need to fix it asap.

LOL @ the jokes.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »
Test everything you can think of, TRY to break it as best you can...then just remember what you did when it broke so we can see if it's something that no one ever should've done so we aren't going to fix it, or how badly it affects the system so we need to fix it asap.

LOL @ the jokes.
The most important part of testing making errors reproducible. Break the program as best you can, so long as you can give repo steps for the developers to see exactly how to break it in the same way.

helge

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 07:00:59 AM »
if there excists a list of tester move me in there please
is the actual official version of mids the one to test or the inofficial ones?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »
It will be the official version.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
Correction. Cath's Test Crew will be testing both.

As of right now it will be the unofficial st0n3y build (getting it all wrapped up and put into installer format in the next few hours here). And the crew will be the guys/gals who find all the bugs and issues and make it easier for us to address them.

In a nutshell, anyone who joins this team will be sort-of expected to help us out for all future builds of Mids. It is true that these people will by playing with official beta versions of Mids before anyone else, but the team also has the obligation to report any issues in a well formatted thread that Cath has prepared.

We're not going to pressure anyone into doing this, but we're giving the users more say in what goes on, and power of the progress of their favorite Titan application. It's a win-win situation!
~Steinerd

Turbo Starr

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 01:35:36 PM »
You speakith, Titan bringith.

St0n3y is now a full-fledged Titan! He will be lead on the Mids' project and I will be his code-monkey backup that does all the shifty work with the code. Energy Aura will be his right-hand man relating to the numbers and such. Got ourselves a well rounded team here with st0n3y at the head of it.

They'll tell you more as we progress!

Welcome St0n3y and thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:51:56 PM by Turbo Starr »

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »
I'll be glad to help test it.  I found and reported quite a lot of bugs when Mids was at the helm.

Galactic_Blaze

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
I will be glad to help out with testing. ive been following this thread for a while, but dont tlak much over here. But if im testing that will change. I also got some time on my hands and love the MIDS program

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
I'll put my name for the beta testers 'lite'. I'm willing to help try to break the program but I don't know if I use it enough* or in such a way to cause it to toss errors.  ;)

-- Lady T

* = I use Mids to create builds for my existing characters but rarely do 'what-if' builds.

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »
Excellent.

Now who do I send my check to?

Of course there was a similar post. That's me too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:13:45 PM by ChaosAlmighty »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »
lol, St0n3y just showed me a similar post on the OF.

donations@cohtitan.com via PayPal if you're serious. All funds go into keeping Titan's servers solvent.
And all 3 active admins have access, so no foul play whatsoever.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »

donations@cohtitan.com via PayPal if you're serious. All funds go into keeping Titan's servers solvent.

Wait, I do? MUAH HAH HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »

of course I'm serious check the account.