Author Topic: GR badges missed?  (Read 5853 times)

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
GR badges missed?
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »
K, admittedly, I did crash while veryfing badges with the setbinds, BUT in the end my brute Mordru, who has 396 badges, shows as 391 verified badges, the ones missing are the GR - alignment mission ones.

It was weird, tho, cause I did see their names (+++ badge was selected as new title). Just in case I'm veryfing again, I'll update if they deffo show up in my char's profile or not.
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: GR badges missed?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »
The alignment mission badges haven't been added to the CIT database yet.  So far, only the exploration and accolade badges have been updated.

We know it's taking longer than usual to make the update, but rest assured that we're still working on it.  We're making sure we have everything on the back end figured out because we want to get it right and - more importantly - we want to be sure we don't break anything in the process of updating for I18.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »
Aaah so the fact that GR badges are not listed yet is because you're still working on it? Nice to know, then, cause I was getting worried about not being able to track them all hehe!

So... all the GR badges (defeats and accomplishment atm, related to the tips and aligment missions) I'm earning now will be automatically tracked when your I18 CIT build is ready or should I have to keep my chars tracked again using the setbinds?

Thx in advance for your answer and thx for your efforts providing us with all these tools!
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
As things stand at this very moment, when we finish adding the badges to the database you'll have to verify the added badges via settitles or old-fashioned point & click.

But you might be seeing something in the very near future that will make prolific badgers everywhere giddy and render settitle binds obsolete.  (Don't want to say too much about that right now since it's not something I'm personally taking part in and I don't want make any promises on someone else's behalf.)

I'm just not sure at the moment which you'll see first.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:58:40 AM »
As things stand at this very moment, when we finish adding the badges to the database you'll have to verify the added badges via settitles or old-fashioned point & click.

But you might be seeing something in the very near future that will make prolific badgers everywhere giddy and render settitle binds obsolete.  (Don't want to say too much about that right now since it's not something I'm personally taking part in and I don't want make any promises on someone else's behalf.)

I'm just not sure at the moment which you'll see first.

Sounds promising hehe. Thx for your clarification!

EverythingZen

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
I'm a blaster turned full villian, and I have a lot of the accolades vil side now. Yet they show up in game as the vil titles and thus are not updating on the CIT site. Example Ex-Marshal/Marshal, I have Marshal on this blaster vil, but I can't get it to show because on the site says I can only have Ex-Marshal.

Is this something being worked on, or is it a COH title issue within the actual game? Granted I may not totally understand how it works, but it would seem like it would pick-up that I had the badge.

I'd also like to say that I do appreciate all the work everyone does here.

EDIT: I just saw in another thread that this may be something you guys are working on already. If so, nevemind. lol

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
Since we don't have any way of reliably tracking alignment yet, the back end scripts might be looking at your archetype to determine Hero/Villain before checking the badge name against the list of valid Hero or valid Villain badge names.  It didn't even occur to me that might be the case, but I guess we'll have to watch for that one until we get everything updated.

But yes, hopefully that won't be an issue before too long.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »
Just to be clear, I meant that I'm going to work on a script so that as soon as a new version of the client is released, we can run the script and blammo, badges updated in the back-end database, no fuss no muss.  New badges will be added to the database and changes to old badges will be caught as well.  None of this taking a couple of weeks stuff again, waiting for back-end updates before new badges that your characters earn are tracked.  We're exploring another cool feature behind the scenes for something else, but I don't want to talk about it.  (Yet.)

Spinomania

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:35 AM »
These are excellent news, looks very promising.

Keep up the outstanding work !

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »
Resolute and Judge & Jury are 2 that I'm currently not seeing on the site.

I know someone commented already saying that some of the alignment badges are not here yet but I'm gonna mention the details here anyway just incase.

Achievement Badges

Resolute
"You've proven time and time again that Paragon City can rely on you. You have completed a Hero Morality mission earning yourself this badge"  

Defeat Badges
Judge & Jury
"You defeated one of the signatuare "Rogues Gallery" characters in an Allignment or Morality mission earning yourself this badge.

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
  • Let the Eternal fire of Justice stay lit.
    • CoH Titan
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »
I've been soo out of the Titan loop. But I'm stepping back in and want to get my hand back under the CIT hood. I'll be working on these tomorrow as long as i can get someone to added the images in the system. I'm also going to be looking into ways for the apps (HeroStats and Glycerine) to identify with the side a character is on. I've already noticed a hand full of badges that are missing.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

Titan Network Member Page  

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »
I'll be working on these tomorrow as long as i can get someone to added the images in the system.

Check with Tony.  He's already added most of the badges, but he's still going through.

I'm also going to be looking into ways for the apps (HeroStats and Glycerine) to identify with the side a character is on.

Already done.  Not released yet.

I've already noticed a hand full of badges that are missing.

Like I said, Tony's still working on it.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:54 PM »
Resolute is going to be a tough nut to crack.  There are currently two badges identically named Resolute: One is the alignment badge, and one is the 75-month vet reward badge.

We have a solution in the pipeline so that this becomes a non-issue.  Until then, I'm scratching my head over what we're going to do.  I have some ideas, and once one gets implemented, I'll post a message about it.  In the immediate short-term, I might just disable that one.

At any rate, I'm going to try my best to mop up everything that already hasn't been entered tonight.

ValkyrieRising

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 03:19:56 AM »
I noticed that Technophobe seems to be missing as well.

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:18 PM »
Resolute is going to be a tough nut to crack.  There are currently two badges identically named Resolute: One is the alignment badge, and one is the 75-month vet reward badge.

We have a solution in the pipeline so that this becomes a non-issue.  Until then, I'm scratching my head over what we're going to do.  I have some ideas, and once one gets implemented, I'll post a message about it.  In the immediate short-term, I might just disable that one.

At any rate, I'm going to try my best to mop up everything that already hasn't been entered tonight.

Problem solved.

Badges

The Achievement badge for completing a Hero Morality Mission has been renamed "Gallant" from "Resolute" to correct a duplicate title with the Veteran badge "Resolute".