Author Topic: No Melee attacks  (Read 2361 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
No Melee attacks
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »
No Melee attacks
We don't need to have these senseless "no whatever" powers at all

Unless someone can hold me back with chains and hot pointy things, I'm gonna go after these and take them all out. If a power isn't listed under an entity, it's understood that the entity does not have it. You can easily see at a glance whether an entity has any melee attacks, ranged attacks, special defenses or whatever.

Blood Brother Brawlers do not have any godmode powers at all
Man O' War does not have any flight powers at all
Castle does not have any brains at a--wait, hang on...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: No Melee attacks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
No melee I would like to see kept. It's incredibly handy to see at a glance. I have been looking for "No melee attacks" for years on the wiki and removing it completely changes the "at a glance" feel of the powers list.

You can't, actually, easily see "at a glance" whether an enemy has no melee attacks. You, in fact, have to look at every single attack they've got and determine if they're melee or ranged. "At a glance" means exactly that; with one very quick look, you know exactly if the enemy has a melee attack or not. Having to look at every attack listed is not "at a glance".
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: No Melee attacks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
While I'm not one of those who can look at a field of sheep and say "there are 27" without counting them, I do know my from my and .

Where do we draw the line? Usefulness for anti-documenting powers is entirely subjective. Where you might find a display for "no melee attacks" handy, someone else might find a display for "will not reduce defense" handy. I think the most thorough and least favorite-picking approach is to only document what powers entities do have and leave it at that.