Author Topic: Mids i19 installation problems  (Read 2987 times)

chesterbloke

• Underling
Mids i19 installation problems
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
Please help!

I have windows vista and whenever a new version of mids comes out i usually download it to desktop, the run as administrator and it installs and updates without any problems. However this time I tried the same thing and my computer will not install it. In fact is says it does not recognise .mhz files.

So I tried to install the new version direct from my current version of Mids and that also does not work. I am getting a message saying:

"A recent downloaded version of the pack has not yet been applied. In order for a previously updated version of mids to be applied the program must restart. The program will now exit to apply the update"

However when I click on OK to apply, an error occurs and the above message keeps coming up again and again - no matter how many times I click on OK.

How do I get Mids to work!?!?

Doomguide

• Underling
Re: Mids i19 installation problems
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »
Same issue here.

Restarting the computer removes the message.  

Uninstalled old copy of Mids (1.601 I believe it was), re-ran the MXDSetup1-900 and now running (via the desktop shortcut) as Administrator seems to be working.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:19:47 PM by Doomguide »

aisynia

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
I'm confused, what's an mhz file? I am on Vista and can't auto-update like the OP, but I have no idea what to do with this mhz file.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »
The mhz is supposed to be used by the Mids' automatic updater. Here is the correct link for the Mids' I19 installer: http://repo.cohtitan.com/mids_updates/exe/MXDSetup1-900.exe

chesterbloke

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
The link just posted worked fine for me. I can now use mids.

Thanks for your help  ;D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »
Please look at the list of threads to see if your issue has been reported before creating a new thread. :)
Auto-Update Fails, MHD.mhz?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:28:10 PM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal