Many thanks to everyone who's stuck it out with Titan Sentinel v0.9.3. As the game changed, so did the needs of the players, and the old software (which was released in December
) became woefully out of date. Problems have cropped up here and there, and for months
now we've been telling users "Just hang on! Titan Sentinel v1.0 is almost ready and it's totally awesome!" Obviously, no Titan Sentinel v1.0 yet, but the problems with v0.9.3 remained.
The thing is, just like how Paragon Studios was keeping City of Heroes: Freedom a secret from us until they just suddenly spilled the beans one day, we here at Titan Network have been laying the groundwork for something that approaches Freedom's level of epicness. In the company of things like a totally new website, the Sentinel project grew too big for its britches and a mere application update would be terribly inadequate. I can't give away the details as to exactly what's going on behind the scenes just yet, but expect yet another pair of socks to get blown off.
The work on Titan Sentinel v1.0 is top-notch, but due to the mysterious circumstances outlined above, it's not ready for release yet. However, like the v0.9.3 problems above that, something
needs to be done. So what we did was borrowed chunks of code from v1.0, retrofitted them onto v0.9.3--directly solving its shortcomings and providing a considerable boost in quality--and the result is Titan Sentinel v0.9.4. With any luck, this will be the last you see of the Titan Sentinel project before the mega bomb hits.
You can grab Titan Sentinel v0.9.4 at the following address:http://cit.cohtitan.com/sentinel/
- Various improved detection routines have been borrowed from Sentinel 1.0 for this release, including: game client, character, Alignment and zone.
- The new game client detector requires you to use the NCsoft Launcher.
- Alignment is now detected immediately and does not require the icon to be visible on the screen.
- Zone information should now reflect when a character is on a mission, arena or Supergroup base map.
- Alignment and Power Pool selections are now reported to City Info Tracker.
- Corrected an issue with build exports for users configured with non-ASCII regional character sets.
- Corrected an issue where unsent character badges were being retained and sent with the next character that logs in.
- Characters without images uploaded to City Info Tracker will now be shown with their Archetype's icon rather than an assumed Hero/Villain Alignment.