Author Topic: Titan Sentinel v0.9.4  (Read 11127 times)

GuyPerfect

• Shiny Charm ain't worth jack
  • Elite Boss
Titan Sentinel v0.9.4
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:46:09 am »
Many thanks to everyone who's stuck it out with Titan Sentinel v0.9.3. As the game changed, so did the needs of the players, and the old software (which was released in December) became woefully out of date. Problems have cropped up here and there, and for months now we've been telling users "Just hang on! Titan Sentinel v1.0 is almost ready and it's totally awesome!" Obviously, no Titan Sentinel v1.0 yet, but the problems with v0.9.3 remained.

The thing is, just like how Paragon Studios was keeping City of Heroes: Freedom a secret from us until they just suddenly spilled the beans one day, we here at Titan Network have been laying the groundwork for something that approaches Freedom's level of epicness. In the company of things like a totally new website, the Sentinel project grew too big for its britches and a mere application update would be terribly inadequate. I can't give away the details as to exactly what's going on behind the scenes just yet, but expect yet another pair of socks to get blown off.

The work on Titan Sentinel v1.0 is top-notch, but due to the mysterious circumstances outlined above, it's not ready for release yet. However, like the v0.9.3 problems above that, something needs to be done. So what we did was borrowed chunks of code from v1.0, retrofitted them onto v0.9.3--directly solving its shortcomings and providing a considerable boost in quality--and the result is Titan Sentinel v0.9.4. With any luck, this will be the last you see of the Titan Sentinel project before the mega bomb hits.

You can grab Titan Sentinel v0.9.4 at the following address:
http://cit.cohtitan.com/sentinel/

Patch notes:

• Various improved detection routines have been borrowed from Sentinel 1.0 for this release, including: game client, character, Alignment and zone.
    • The new game client detector requires you to use the NCsoft Launcher.
    • Alignment is now detected immediately and does not require the icon to be visible on the screen.
    • Zone information should now reflect when a character is on a mission, arena or Supergroup base map.
  • Alignment and Power Pool selections are now reported to City Info Tracker.
  • Corrected an issue with build exports for users configured with non-ASCII regional character sets.
  • Corrected an issue where unsent character badges were being retained and sent with the next character that logs in.
  • Characters without images uploaded to City Info Tracker will now be shown with their Archetype's icon rather than an assumed Hero/Villain Alignment.

Big King

• Underling
Re: Titan Sentinel v0.9.4
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:46:36 pm »
Great work, Titan Team. I dig the Sentinel.

I am gonna hit Wal Mart to buy a whole new pack of high top tube socks in preperation for 1.0. 80s style!

In the meantime, I alt between servers a lot. My biggest issue with 0.9.3 is that Sentinel doesn't always detect when I've changed servers and therefore I get duplicates of my alts on CIT (one on the correct server and one on an incorrect one, presumably the one I moved to). I am hoping that the "improved detection routines" prevent that.

Thanks for all the hard work!
BK

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »
I had pretty consistent issues with 0.9.3 creating bad character records when I jumped from server to server, too, Big King.  That was something I concentrated on testing with 0.9.4.  We caught a few fringe cases that still had to be addressed and Guy put some extra measures in place to handle them.  So, while I won't say that I can guarantee you'll never see that happen again, I'm fairly confident that the frequency at which that occurs will be greatly reduced.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 3.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mezmerr

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:00:09 am »
The download link (and its text) still points to 0.9.3 (in other words, it needs to be updated).

Aggelakis

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
  • Paragon Wiki Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:01:58 am »
Clear your cache. The download link is correct. You're loading an old version of the page.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mezmerr

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:10:22 am »
The great irony here is that I used both an F5 and a Ctrl+F5 before going the longer route to get it. As soons as I read your post I switched back to the same tab.. hit Ctrl+F5 again and.. BAM! It updates. Quirks... this computer has to much personality. >_>

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:47:39 pm »
Patch notes:

• Corrected an issue with build exports for users configured with non-ASCII regional character sets.[/b]
SPANKS!!!

I'll have to cycle all my toons, but eh what's a clock cycle or hundred :-p
[Guide] Installing City of Heroes, Beta, & Test From Scratch, the Short(ish) Version
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=282641

[Guide] Backing Up / Migrating City of Heroes
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=282643

Gamer6432

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 05:18:36 am »
What's v0.9.4e?
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

NeoRavencroft

• Titan Developer
  • Lieutenant
    • SGSpaces
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:50 am »
What's v0.9.4e?

A fix for detecting EU clients.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think I know, Ill use regular expressions. Now they have two problems. Jamie Zawinski

GuyPerfect

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »
Yeah, I forgot to mention that here. 0.9.4e adds support for the original Euro client, which none of us had access to during testing. It was a minor tweak, but it was the difference between "works" and "not works" for many users.

arethis

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »
i downloaded v0.9.4e and have EU client but still isnt detecting the game for me

GuyPerfect

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »
Check your registry and .exe filenames as mentioned above, and make sure the Sentinel data files are up to date.

Abraxxus

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 12:13:41 am »
Downloaded the newest version of Sentinel, and now getting a manifest error.
Manfest version 2060.2011.
Game cliet version 2100.2011

Sentinel also says there are no updates available.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:41:56 am »
That just means Guy hasn't generated the new manifest for the patch that went live yesterday.  Sometimes it takes a day or two.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Abraxxus

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 01:02:02 am »
Thanks!

GuyPerfect

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »
Looks like they issued another update. Now I'm glad I waited. (-:

WHTJunior

• Underling
    • WHTJunior Studios
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »
Ever since Freedom, my Sentinel doesn't detect the game at all. I update to 0.9.4e, and it just sits there saying, "Detecting City of Heroes..."

GuyPerfect

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 10:48:14 pm »
City Info Tracker has now been updated with the new badges, and a manifest is available for Titan Sentinel.

Also, since I tracked my own character while testing the manifest before everyone else got it, I get to be number one for a few minutes. (-:

WHTJunior

• Underling
    • WHTJunior Studios
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:15 pm »
Mine magically started working (read: you fixed it) while I was in a mission. Thanks! :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:49 pm »
Also, since I tracked my own character while testing the manifest before everyone else got it, I get to be number one for a few minutes. (-:

I can fix that for you when I log in tonight.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin