Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 124960 times)

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:52 AM »
Has anybody contacted Gearbox Software?

If they have, I'm unaware. Do you think they'd be interested? If so, write them a letter! Mention the dedicated community, Real World Hero, media coverage--Massively's pages would probably be the best one-stop shop for a business insider, but the newly-vetted iReport should have some legs, too. Just getting the names of their favorite publishing insiders could give us people to talk to.

They are a developer, not a publisher themselves, but I'd settle for insider information. If you're familiar with their works, personalize the letter--how would CoH stack up to, say, Borderlands? (If nothing else, we know they know people that can throw funds into a black hole with little hope of return--DNF, anyone? Hey-yo!)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #381 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »
Hello everybody! This evening we at the Victory server tried to have a small Unity Rally! we did just that and lots of people supported us with there words of encouragement and also by doing missions and such I looked on Atlas park and there was a fair number there when I did the /search command.
I have a pic of my two characters plus a several others. Again I would like to say this was a small group trying to do what we can.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4236743091101&set=o.130731358777&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:18 AM »
Hi hi all, @Frostyfrozen chatted with me in game tonite and has, I think, a great idea.

We want support coming from players in NCSoft's other games! Frosty has been in contact with players on 2/4 of the NA Aion servers, and they want to help us out. I'll let Frosty give you the details, but the theme used has been 'Help us keep our capes, too.'
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:39 AM »
Hello Everyone
As Syrusb has said I've been visiting the NCsoft game Aion looking for support. In the idea if thier other games start showing support for us they just might have no where else to turn. Now I'm just 1 person and so I got word out to the Israphel & Siel servers.
When I say that it means I have 3 or 4 of the largest Legions on each server in formed and in support of a rally on this coming Saturday with a 2- 3 group rally. In Elyos Square but we will need some way to get the word out more and media coverage. I not know how to do the media coverage though.
I was thinking for the protest they could all show thier Legion capes in support for your capes.
and thats what is sweet about this every NCsoft title has Guild/Legion orSG capes we all SHARE that and being GAMERS.

I also pushed with them Aion is not a large game also but all gameing communitys deserver more for thier hours spent and beloved toons. 
Thankyou for your time.
Frostyfrozen
PS: First post :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2012, 03:56:11 AM »
I'm sure we could help spread the word.  *eyes the Titan Twitter feed*  Once it hits Twitter, it'll quickly get picked up on Facebook, too.

So, "Aion Rally to support #SaveCOH.  Saturday <time> - <time>, <server>, Elyos Square"?

Something like that?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

stevenforrest

• Underling
« Reply #385 on: September 13, 2012, 04:09:39 AM »
I have read this forum  from top to bottom and I haven't seen any NEED for Big Money mentioned yet, but I was thinking, that if it came to that, someone should show up on ABC's Shark Tankhttp://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank/casting, and ask the Sharks for some backing!  At least two of them made their money in the internet, so they are savvy as to the medium and its potential.  Just an Idea!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #386 on: September 13, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »
When I say that it means I have 3 or 4 of the largest Legions on each server in formed and in support of a rally on this coming Saturday with a 2- 3 group rally. In Elyos Square but we will need some way to get the word out more and media coverage. I not know how to do the media coverage though.

I wonder if someone from Massively might think this was worth at least writing a couple of paragraphs about?
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »
Hello Everyone
As Syrusb has said I've been visiting the NCsoft game Aion looking for support. In the idea if thier other games start showing support for us they just might have no where else to turn. Now I'm just 1 person and so I got word out to the Israphel & Siel servers.
I was thinking for the protest they could all show thier Legion capes in support for your capes.
and thats what is sweet about this every NCsoft title has Guild/Legion orSG capes we all SHARE that and being GAMERS.

I also pushed with them Aion is not a large game also but all gameing communitys deserver more for thier hours spent and beloved toons. 
Thankyou for your time.
Frostyfrozen
PS: First post :D

That's really cool. Support from other NC Soft gamers would be awesomesauce.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
That's really cool. Support from other NC Soft gamers would be awesomesauce.
I agree.  It's not insane to suggest that a game such as Aion might be next.  We should probably take care not to annoy them to death, however.

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, Filk superstar Tom Smith is now VERY aware of us...:

http://filkertom.livejournal.com/1604669.html#comments

;D

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #390 on: September 14, 2012, 03:55:39 AM »
Im setting up the event in Aion to be on Israphel server. 2 - 4 pm pst Saturday 15th of Sep.
It's hard going for they have a odd chat system only 1 chat line per 30 seconds. and as a game community they not to up on other NCsoft news or titles other then thier own I get the feeling rather often. Wit hthat said we do have support . . how much . . I cant say. more then 5 less then 1,000 lets say.
Suggestions welcome.

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #391 on: September 15, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »
It's the morning of and I dont feel confident enough to run the event today. It seems to be the "Thats your house on fire not mine." mind set I'm going to give it 7 more days and see if I can work past that mind set. As I have some understand but not as many as I's like.

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #392 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »
I got to thinking about Media, and NcSoft main offices.
We have saturated our media here in America with our efforts, easily ignored in Korea. So I thought why not take the message to the  Korean Media.
So I used Google and found a list of newspapers in South Korea.. What do you think? Does the idea have merit?
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/skorea.htm
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #393 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »
Now that the story of Titan's efforts have gained some traction in western media, yes.  We still are an industry-related story, at this point, so the same will likely hold true, there.

I should point out that games are taken very seriously over there. On the one hand, as has been pointed out, game addiction is treated very seriously.  One thing that I have not seen brought up, though is the positive ways in which they view games.  There are Starcraft tournament champions who are treated the way westerners treat professional athletes.

How to approach their media is outside my ability to comment on intelligently, however.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #394 on: September 17, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »
Not sure how much it will help spread the word, but I've contacted the youtuber, Tobuscus, and asked him for his help spreading awareness and support. With his large number of subscribers, he could really make quite a difference I hope. Once he told his audience to post on Mtn. Dew's facebook page, that they should make a Mtn. Dew of Darkness, then Redness, then Whiteness and The next day, guess what Mtn. Dew came out with...

Hope it helps.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #395 on: September 17, 2012, 04:25:32 AM »
Not sure how much it will help spread the word, but I've contacted the youtuber, Tobuscus, and asked him for his help spreading awareness and support. With his large number of subscribers, he could really make quite a difference I hope. Once he told his audience to post on Mtn. Dew's facebook page, that they should make a Mtn. Dew of Darkness, then Redness, then Whiteness and The next day, guess what Mtn. Dew came out with...

Hope it helps.

My kid watches Tobuscus.  I tiny part of me just died a little... :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »
Well I've not given up trying to get Aion onboard and supporting us. But as youll see they have a very different vision od this. I'm hopeing my lastest post helps them see.

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=1458085&posted=1#post1458085

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #397 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
I'm also planning a new idea ;D
Here it is taking a few dozen not business cards but smaller tags. With the icnn news article web address on one side and the petition web address on the to my local comic shop and see if they willing to give them out at point of sale or at less place them on the counter.
Any tips or suggestions always welcome.

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
Right now, Im sitting at a table at ConQuest in Buffalo.
I'm sitting here hand-drawing savecoh propoganda, and wearing my home-made duck tape hat and vest to help draw attention to myself.
So far, only a few people have talked to me about it, but hopefully lots of gamers have taken notice, even if they haven't spoken to me. Luckily there's still a good 6-7 hours beore i leave so more people should notice.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:03:46 PM by LT. Couper »
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »
Right now, Im sitting at a table at ConQuest in Buffalo.
I'm sitting here hand-drawing savecoh propoganda, and wearing my home-made duck tape hat and vest to help draw attention to myself.
So far, only a few people have talked to me about it, but hopefully lots of gamers hae taken notice, even if they havent spoken to me. Luckily there's still a good 6-7 hours beore i leave so more people should notice.
Right on!  We have boots on the ground!     8)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov