Author Topic: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft  (Read 98570 times)

cohvictory

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Write to NCsoft
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
NCSoft, Please rethink your decision, to shut down COH, over the years, it has allowed me to hang out with my Dad who lives 10 hours away, hang with my kids and wife, and play something we loved. This decision seems rash and not well thought out, alot of people I know have spent alot of time and money being loyal to you guys. I have referred two best friends, a wife, a son, a father, all have paid you. Please don't sit on your product, either reopen this, sell it. If you do sell it make it public enough so that we cohers who have money can maybe buy this and keep it going!!!  SAVE COH!!!!!

raine84

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:36 AM »

Taki

• Underling
    • Nerdfitti LLC
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 03:46:37 AM »
Sacred  bovine!  I love your letterhead/paper!  I wish I'd thought of going into such detail but I wanted to get it out quickly so just used some fancy paper.  My printer is glitching and I can't get a decent pic of Jord to come out and I can't draw for dookie so I couldn't include a pic.  :(

I really hope that folks keep making an effort.  I had a friend tell me last night that he didn't think that writing letters would do any good but like Soundtrack said:

I cannot justify not writing the letters to try to save a game and community that I love.

Beautiful work, Taki!

Crymsin Lilly
Thanks! I really hope that it gets his attention!

As suggested I sent it with signature confirmation (2310 3280 000 2636 0242) this morning... I mean when they went to unlock the door mine was the first face they saw standing there waiting for them to open the door.

For those who want to go the route I did it was only $7.70 to send it in the large priority envelope with signature confirmation

Nazarrii

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »
To everyone who has posted there letters, I just want to say thank you.  So many of your stories ring home to me as well.  I even started crying over some of them.  ;)  My husband and I are in the process of writing our letters as well.  I will probably post mine after it is done, it may take me a few days, but it will be done.  Also, Tony thank you for posting a few guidelines about how to go about doing this.  You are very organized and are doing a great job of handling this situation.

Sincerely,

Nazarrii

Liberty Server

Myriade

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:34:48 PM by Myriade »

zybron

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Below is my letter to NCSoft. I'll send it this weekend when I can get to a post office.

Dear Mr. Kim,

It was with great sorrow that I read the announcement last week that NCSoft had made the decision to sunset City of Heroes and dismiss Paragon Studios. I have played City of Heroes since September of 2004. There have been times when I have tried other games and let my subscription lapse, but I have always come back to this one game - a game that has held my attention and passion for eight years now.

This past year has been particularly exciting. I was skeptical when the Freedom expansion was announced and the game was set to go free to play. I wondered if this would mean that the game I love would change in some way and that I would no longer enjoy it. I really had nothing to worry about. Not only was the game vastly improved by this move, but the explosion of new content was amazing. The extra revenue was obviously a driving force for a better City of Heroes. I decided shortly after Freedom launched to renew my subscription for the entire year. Honestly, at that point, had a lifetime subscription been offered, I probably would have purchased one without any hesitation.

I'm not the only one that feels this way, either, my wife plays the game and so does my son. He grew up watching me play City of Heroes and couldn't wait until he could make his own hero. For quite some time, he's had a few characters on my account that he would play from time to time, running around Atlas Park, "catching bad guys." When Freedom launched, I decided he was old enough for his own account and set one up for him. He was thrilled that he could have his own City of Heroes, though, admittedly, a bit disappointed that he couldn't play the characters he had made on my account.

As you can see, what started as a simple game or hobby has evolved into something much more than that over the years. My story is not unique. I'm sure by now you may well be aware that many among the player base have expressed the same sentiment as I. That we are working diligently to try to save this game - a game that has become so much more to us than simply a game. It's a community. It's a creative outlet for so many talented artists. It's a family past time in my house and many other players.

I implore you to reconsider your decision to sunset this product. Or, failing that, please consider allowing the studio or the fans to purchase the property. All I ask - all we ask - is that we be allowed to let our community continue, that our heroes continue to have a home.

Please consider this. You can be a hero.

Sincerely,

Nathan Brown
@Zybron in City of Heroes

Gothica

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »
What's that sound you hear?  It's my agent having a cardiac arrest.

I am going to offer my "fame," such as it is (well I am allegedly a NYT bestselling author, or at least that is what they put on the books) in uncompensated advertising for ALL NCSoft games if they will make it possible for the game to continue.

"I'm New York Times bestseller Mercedes Lackey.  Creating fantastic worlds is hard work, and when I relax, I like to relax in someone else's.  I play NCSoft games.  Anything else is unimaginable."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 08:03:03 PM »

I am going to offer my "fame," such as it is (well I am allegedly a NYT bestselling author, or at least that is what they put on the books) in uncompensated advertising for ALL NCSoft games if they will make it possible for the game to continue.

"I'm New York Times bestseller Mercedes Lackey.  Creating fantastic worlds is hard work, and when I relax, I like to relax in someone else's.  I play NCSoft games.  Anything else is unimaginable."

I want to put this on my fridge!  You are a kind and generous lady, if maybe as crazy as the rest of us. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »

Ms. Lackey, this is extremely generous of you. I thank you and your heart of literary gold! :)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »

All Hail Mercedes !
Yeeessss....

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »
I understand that the folks at the Cleveland Clinic just up the road from here are pretty good with that sort of thing.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:33 PM »

You, my darling, are a hero.  Thank you so much.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:31:40 AM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
Oh don't get too impressed.  99% of this ploy being successful is going to depend on them buying that I am just that impressive.  I'm not that impressed with me, but I am going to get the spouse to ramp up the *dazzledazzle BS jazzhands* factor in the letter.  And I am going to cross all possible digits that it works.

I hope those were your "Jedi-mind-trick-I'm-really-that-awesome" jazzhands...

Honestly, your humility is encouraging to an aspiring creative type like myself.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:36 AM »
EDIT:  This has the jazzhands seal of approval.

Madam, I won't forget what you've done for our community. Will the person that hands out jazzhands seals of approval mind if we distribute this document around the main forums? Possibly clean it up and give it a blog post somewhere? It could raise morale and convince outsiders that this is a story worthy of gaming news sites--and possibly assorted geek sites, too.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
Madam, I won't forget what you've done for our community. Will the person that hands out jazzhands seals of approval mind if we distribute this document around the main forums? Possibly clean it up and give it a blog post somewhere? It could raise morale and convince outsiders that this is a story worthy of gaming news sites--and possibly assorted geek sites, too.

Quote me wherever and whenever you like.  *jazzhands* is my husband Larry Dixon, I generally run everything I do that is official past him because he is the diplomat of the family.

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 02:58:25 AM »

Madam, I now shamefully admit to not having read any of your books prior to the events of the last week taking place....  *gets buried under an avalanche of large blunt objects thrown at him*

...however, the instant I acquire the funds needed to purchase your books(stupid lack of employment!!), I shall immediately set about to meeting your coh-inspired characters in print....

Ya' hear that, NCSoft?  That's the sound of a VERY LARGE hornet's nest you've stirred up....  *evil cackle*   ;D

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 03:20:36 AM »
I'm just gonna go ahead and volunteer to keep the pigeons off of the Mercedes Lackey statue that will be erected in Atlas Park when this is all over. You, madam, are a saint.