Author Topic: Media I Have Messaged, Help Needed!  (Read 2869 times)

MistressNoire

• Underling
Media I Have Messaged, Help Needed!
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »
I sent msgs to

The Big Bang Theory
Ellen
Jon Stewert
G4TV
Gail Simone (played coh)
The Guild
Jay Leno
Jimmy Fallon
Natalie Portman (plays coh)
X-Play

Also contacting

David Letterman
Conan O'Brien
Joss Whedon
Danny Devito
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia cast

folks keep adding to the list, so i keep looking and contacting we can do this!

and a few others, anyone that has shows/celebs that should get my msg ... post names/shows here! I have netflix i don't have cable so I don't see all these shows on tv ... but the more media we can get the better!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:59:53 PM by MistressNoire »

Rain Maker

• Minion
Re: Media I Have Messaged, Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »
Wait, Natalie Portman played CoH? Also, I think this is a worthwhile effort. We really need our cause to draw as much attention as possible. It would also be swell if most of the major video game media outlets had an article about the impending shut down and our efforts to thwart it.

MistressNoire

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »
 some decided to report some of my posts as spam so....... now i get this msg......

You've been blocked from using this feature, because you made posts on Facebook Pages that have been reported as spam

so no more touching base with famous ones for me D:

anyone else wish to take over?

I have the letter I been using but its like my story of it all so your welcome to make your own =)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:51:54 AM »
Thanks for reaching out to such high name people / shows, MistressNoire.  That is truly awesome, despite the Spam reporting that you have been given.

MistressNoire

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 03:25:38 AM »
We have a idea who it was/is, just a couple ego maniacs from coh that don't care they are just full of themselves

oh well =)

hopefully I reached enough ppl and a few others have been writing others

all we can do is write our letters and get our voices heard in the meantime, we will not give up, heroes don't give up and we all know villains don't either =P

I met some of the guild members I am friends with some on facebook

I got my friend Matt aka Mr Hollywood working on his end in the media and passing word to his top media friends/buddies

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHollywoodNet

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:58:26 AM »
A few others:

Mercedes Lackey (who I think has already been contacted)
I recall at some point someone mentioning Vin {De-sel} plays/played.
Troy Hickman (might still be an active player and already knows and is trying to help)
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

MistressNoire

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 04:17:00 AM »
Adrianne Curry has also been contacted

Diellan

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »
Jim Butcher also plays (a Dresden char on Virtue), so somebody should contact him.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »
How would you get a line to Whedon?  I have a "letter" drafted, and I'm working on an avenue, but my first step in this little game of Six Degrees of Joss Whedon rarely checks his email, and that's the only line we (his friends) have to reach him.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:47:40 AM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »
>_> anyone poked the Roster Teeth ppl yet?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »
I don't know if it could be considered as "Media", but I posted right now in MMORPG.COM... there were already 130 posts, but only 1 of them had a link to the petition, not a single mention of Titan Network's efforts, so I typed this:

It's sad indeed, specially not only for the development team, but also players who have devoted so much time creating and building characters both heroes and villains... even now that's something neither DCUO nor CO allow, create your own villain... some people doesn't seem to remember, but CoH is a few months older than WoW itself, and even so it's been able to survive the WoW legions of subscribers, players and worshipers.

Let me tell you that there are some initiatives in progress, thanks to TonyV from Titan Network, who is coordinating them, as you can see here:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4880.0.html

To sum up, there's a petition asking NCSoft to keep CoH alive, there are more petitions asking them to let the code open, and also a few Facebook pages. Our Community has been trying to get in touch even with The Guild people and The Big Bang Theory scripwriters, all hands and ideas are more than helpful.

If it works as an example, there are games that were saved after gathering 5.000 signers in 2 months... CoH has achieved more than 10.700 in only 48 hours... nuff said.
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)