Author Topic: Save our City Banners  (Read 47216 times)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Save our City Banners
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
Wow, Alt Monkey, that looks amazing.

/em applause
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
Wow, Alt Monkey, that looks amazing.

/em applause

Thank you. 

Here's a sample for Facebook Timeline covers:

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
Here's what I'm working on..this is a very small version. Any feedback is welcomed and since its a vector graphic I can make it any size or color.

Very well done, maybe try a version with Red Capes?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
Very well done, maybe try a version with Red Capes?

Or maybe just a whole 'Redside' mirror for it? We have to win this fight the 'Blue Side' way to really be effective, but it's not just Heroes who are losing their homes, it's the Villains too. They should have representation. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

DrDarkspeed

• Underling
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 01:06:02 AM »
Or maybe just a whole 'Redside' mirror for it? We have to win this fight the 'Blue Side' way to really be effective, but it's not just Heroes who are losing their homes, it's the Villains too. They should have representation. :)

We are Villains. We know where your children go to school.

Save CoV.

:P

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2012, 01:15:15 AM »
Villains tend to have a less dynamic pose, so I'll use something a bit different for villains maybe.  So if I made the cape red, it would actually look more like Superman. :)

How about this for the tagline:  We are villains. We will fight!
Or let me know some others. I don't think we have one for villains just yet.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2012, 01:17:04 AM »
Most of the villain remarks I've seen have used this.

"We are villains. What's ours is ours."

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2012, 01:24:15 AM »
Thats been the one thing that has been bugging me so far...

My lead Villian would totally join the fight by pointing out "Cant conqure the world if they take it away from us"  but somehow... well, we are villians but at the same time we are trying to inspire EVERYONE arnt we?  and I cant help but fear the tradional villian mindset would off put the average joe on the street who is only just now hearing about this.

I suppose that really would cover why there have been so many Heroic banners vs villanous ones. 

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2012, 01:25:58 AM »

okay not sure how much you understand graphic design so i am gonna just simply point out two things:

first is a purely graphic thing: Changing the color color of the cap from blue to red is a fairly simple change, to make a villains one and make it look villainous you'd have to do more then make it all red

Second: based on our goal of saving the city we want to come off as the good guys and there for the image of the hero is more appropriate, so while the Villain take is cute and cheeky imho its just not as fitting

Thats been the one thing that has been bugging me so far...

My lead Villian would totally join the fight by pointing out "Cant conqure the world if they take it away from us"  but somehow... well, we are villians but at the same time we are trying to inspire EVERYONE arnt we?  and I cant help but fear the tradional villian mindset would off put the average joe on the street who is only just now hearing about this.

I suppose that really would cover why there have been so many Heroic banners vs villanous ones.
this is exactly it, also on most server more people play hero, this probably has something to do with that more content was created for heroes then Villains

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »
Your opinion is noted. My opinion stands, and the villains should get some representation, too.

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2012, 01:52:14 AM »
Your opinion is noted. My opinion stands, and the villains should get some representation, too.

Sure, but the problem is HOW.  Saying we need some is all fine and well... but I'm not seeing anyone actually come up with anything.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's already been suggested. Changing it to a red-based theme with the villain motto ("We are villains. What's ours is ours!") is pretty simple. There are villains that wear tights and capes. Works for me.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »
Horns. Horns are villain-ish.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2012, 05:21:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's already been suggested. Changing it to a red-based theme with the villain motto ("We are villains. What's ours is ours!") is pretty simple. There are villains that wear tights and capes. Works for me.

yes it has and I would argue to make it villainish you'd want to do more then a red tint and logo change like tattered capes or something

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2012, 07:38:46 AM »
Okay how about this for villains.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:34 AM »
 :o

...that...is...awesome.

I bow to your superior skills, oh mighty Alt Monkey.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »
Okay how about this for villains.

like that^ LOL

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »
:o

...that...is...awesome.

I bow to your superior skills, oh mighty Alt Monkey.

YAY, glad you like it!  Oh and please just call me Alty save yourself some typing :)

I'll post up some different size banners for both options later today.

EDIT: Right after I correct the spelling on villains.  *DOH* late night posting is not a good idea.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »
Alty, you continue to amaze me with your talent and skill. Thank you for your hard work and strong effort. :)

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
Leaderboard size 728x90

Heroes

Villains

Medium Square - 300x250px
Heroes  & Villains

Skyscraper

Facebook Timeline  850x315