Author Topic: Come take part in the RANDOM STEEL CANYON BORDER RUN  (Read 2331 times)

JG Ghost

• Underling
Come take part in the RANDOM STEEL CANYON BORDER RUN
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »
The Justice Girls, Virtue's premier all-female super group, want to know if you're tough enough to take on the craziest race in Paragon City -- The RANDOM STEEL CANYON BORDER RUN. It's a test for the brave and the bold -- make one lap around the edge of Steel Canyon with a level one toon using only sprint power and your wiles to survive. No other travel powers will be permitted on the course and violators will be immediately disqualified.
The race will begin on Virtue Server at 8 p.m. EDT Saturday, Oct. 6, in front of the Steel Canyon hospital which means if you die on the course, you come right back to where you started.
Admission to the race requires a costume created by using the ever-interesting random button, which means that looks will be interesting to say the least. There will be a costume contest with judges camped out along the course so you can stop and show off or run by and take your chances.
We may be losing our game, but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun along the way.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Come take part in the RANDOM STEEL CANYON BORDER RUN
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:44:38 AM »
Oh, heck yeah.  Challenge Accepted.  I love these kinds of lowbie challenges!  Just to do it, I'm in.  I don't even want anything but adulation if I win, and humilation if I lose, it's all good. :D

Mike

cptbarcode

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »
Ooh, a lemming run! Gonna try to make it, those are always fun.

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
Great idea. Thanks for organizing this.

What are your thoughts on Enhancements? Even just the one slot in Sprint can make a difference...

I'll try to be there.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Too fun, I may need to join in this. I'd say allow that one enhancement because I don't know that there's a way to verify if somebody is using it or not and if you say no don't use them, people will regardless.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

JG Ghost

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
One minor enhancement is OK with me as it's virtually impossible to police. I will be encouraging folks to report anyone who is blatantly cheating/using short cuts/being disrespectful/whatnot. I also could use a few hands to help judge costumes and police the course during the race. If you'd like to help, leave a message here or send me an in-game email @Ghost of. Thanks and I hope to see everyone there!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »
I know I should know this, but are there any "travel powers" of note available to level one characters?  I thought even the rocket board and flying carpet were greyed out until level 2.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »
Almost time...

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »
Event is done!

I wanted to check in to say grats to all the people who made it around the track, and those whose random costumes were superior, and to anyone who came to be part of it.  Fansy showed up and ran, even, which I thougt was pretty nifty.

Also thanking the Justice Girls for hosting, and all those who were involved, for their time, efforts, and the prizes thereto.   And thanks to paragonradio.com for spinnin' the vinyl.  Good tunes, DJ Sassy!

It was funtimes!  Thanks all!

Mike