Author Topic: Call To Action: Unity Rally Two: Turn Up the Volume  (Read 15559 times)

EClark

• Lieutenant
Call To Action: Unity Rally Two: Turn Up the Volume
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
After thinking about NCSoft's latest announcement for some time, I can come to no other solution.

So, on October 20th, 2012, in light of this latest news. I want everyone to log onto their favorite toon on their favorite server and show and show your support to Paragon Studios, The People who are fighting to keep this game alive, and to the City of Heroes Community.
Come to the biggest virtual street dance in history. Put on your best and dance like it's 11/29. Stand and chat, hold a torch, dance, party,
do whatever, but occupy. Occupy the game we have grown to love. Make as many multiples of Atlas Park on your server as you possibly can. Set a Record. Show that AP 33 was not a fluke or a one time thing. We are HEROES, show a Heroes' resolve. Get friends and relatives on spare accounts. Listen to your servers' streaming music station, and let them know about this block bustin' event.

Now is not the time for tears and sad goodbyes; this is our time. A time for Heroes.
And we ARE Heroes, and this is what we do.
See you at the party.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:22:38 AM by Aggelakis »

EClark

• Lieutenant
Re: An Ambitious Event
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
Okay, how about this for a title....

Unity Rally Two: Turn Up the Volume.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
I updated the name on Google+.

I like it... a lot.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
Let's get some more weight behind this, guys.

I won't be 'rallying,' but I will be in the game, doing my thing from 8am on the 20th to 8am on the 21st as part of the Extra Life event.

Some might argue that the 20th is a poor choice. I disagree. We have a media event we're talking about doing on the 20th, and the Extra Life event. Having a rally on the same day as well would really help our media exposure, AND draw even more attention to the great work being done for Extra Life.

This isn't a "x detracts from y" situation, but more a "x and y work together to create z" situation.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
Hey Drake... we can Rally and play for ExtraLife... whenever you have to take a piss break, refill the coffee, grab a donut from the kitchen... stick yourself in AP or MI and DANCE! :D

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
It is also a double xp weekend, or so I am told.... so in between those xp grabbing missions, hang in AP... do whatever.
The more we can link together, the more coverage we can get, and the more we get out the message.

The message... we are here... we are not going away... Turn Up the Volume.

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »
Let's get some more weight behind this, guys.

I won't be 'rallying,' but I will be in the game, doing my thing from 8am on the 20th to 8am on the 21st as part of the Extra Life event.

Some might argue that the 20th is a poor choice. I disagree. We have a media event we're talking about doing on the 20th, and the Extra Life event. Having a rally on the same day as well would really help our media exposure, AND draw even more attention to the great work being done for Extra Life.

This isn't a "x detracts from y" situation, but more a "x and y work together to create z" situation.

Hey Drake... we can Rally and play for ExtraLife... whenever you have to take a piss break, refill the coffee, grab a donut from the kitchen... stick yourself in AP or MI and DANCE! :D

Exactly!  My hope with this is make AP and MI our rallying points.  Go there when you need a break or are looking for a new team.  I'd like to see people head there every hour at the 30 minute mark to show support and get hooked up with new people. 

"Turn Up the Volume" - I like it!  Let's do it!

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
and people keep asking me 'Which Server'.... answer 'Yours'

Your favorite server, the server with your lvl 50s... your villains... your heroes.... whichever one you have access to or want to be in.

Just be there, and represent.

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
I'll be on Pinn representing the drunks!  *Now to figure out what happened to my pants*

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
I'll be on Pinn representing the drunks!  *Now to figure out what happened to my pants*

Pants are evil.  Drinks are good.

and people keep asking me 'Which Server'.... answer 'Yours'

Your favorite server, the server with your lvl 50s... your villains... your heroes.... whichever one you have access to or want to be in.

Just be there, and represent.

The Cape Radio will be broadcasting from Virtue, and AFK Radio will be broadcasting from Guardian.  I'm hoping to get a station to "adopt" each server, so if you have contact info for any other stations, please pass that along to me?  I'll be working on this some more this weekend, as I don't have much time tonight or tomorrow. 

Our goal is to get as many people in game between 8am eastern on the 20th and 8am eastern on the 21st.  So spread the word! 

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
I'll be on Virtue!
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
Okay, how about this for a title....

Unity Rally Two: Turn Up the Volume.

Not going to go with:

Unity Rally Two: Electric Boogaloo  ? :P

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »
I think I can be on Virtue, and i'll bring something that isn't a catgirl! (even if I like to think Seargent Eve is a respectable catgirl!)

~Catgirl Eve

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
I'll be on Virtue. At some point (tm).

Have you shared this event on Twitter and the various facebook groups? Lots of folks there.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
I will be on Guardian, when I am not bouncing from server to server to check on status....
I never thought my girlfriend's alt-itis would come in handy

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:47 AM »
I'm really liking how exciting Oct. 20th is looking to be. Keep it up, guys!

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
I have shared on FB, others are sharing on Twitter.... word of mouth (or keyboard) is the best way to let everyone know.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »

When/if I am not needed for the Media Event, I will join you!  I'm bringing cases of Pomegranate Schnapps!  Who needs pants when you have Pomegranate Schnapps?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
Could you change the name of this thread to 'call to action' with the description?   On the forum it was hard to find when I was trying to create a 'coordinate all the things from 10/20' thread to grow awareness about the myrid of events.  :D

Lithy

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
And it really should be stickied, too. *Looks at the Titan Mods expectantly.*

/em popdance