Author Topic: So, another thought...  (Read 2275 times)

Flashtoo

• Minion
So, another thought...
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
Anyone know if any of NC's other games, specifically the F2P ones (because lord, do we not want to give them any money) have torches that can be held?

If so, I propose - especially if this fight holds out after the 30th - registering free accounts with those games, logging in with names relating to our movement, and holding torches in the most public places.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: So, another thought...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »
Also clever! Heck, we should do this on every free-to-play MMO we can, if only to get non-NC MMO communities aware of it and thinking about it. It could become ad fodder for NCSoft's competitors at that point if NCSoft doesn't get VERY careful.

Disclaimer: It's late where I am, and I've had a long day. Somebody else should double-check the wisdom of my suggestion.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19:29 AM »
Getting other MMOs in on this would be great, just because this whole thing sets a terrible precedent.  That the game you are playing can be killed at any time, without any warning signs, even when the game is still profitable and healthy.

I think we need to play up that angle somehow so it can gain more traction in other communities.

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:33:27 PM »
All right, so seeing as I'm not well-versed in what games have torches available for holding, does anyone else know of any? CoH is my only MMO; I played Eve Online very, very briefly but that of course has no torches.

Gaia Online is an avatar-based forum community, but I know they have an equippable torch item.
TOR likely has no torches, but if there's a way to hold a lightsaber aloft, that maybe could work?

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
At the risk of sounding very silly, Ultima Online still has torches.   It also a very old game that has a small, entrenched community, and last time I checked the bank in the capitol city was still the gathering place of people.   Its not free to play, but i've been surprised by the number of people who still keep their accounts.   My only concern with it would be that it also has a very old, competative mindset, so i'm not sure if its the right community to reach out to.

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
This sounds like it could be a good tactic, but I'm a bit worried about hard feelings about taking place in their 'universe' and possibly disrupting their game.  Maybe if, where able, we register in the respective game forums and bring it up, before taking root, if we do find any games that has /em torch.  Again, I'm not against this idea, I like it, I just don't want to take the chance of getting any potential allies angry before we're able to make a unified front.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
I'd also like to seem comment bomiming on NCSoft's social media sites, just using the phrase "NCSoft - the game-killers" - several hundred of those attached to every single Facebook post they make about GW2, BS or Wildstar would look quite good - we should also consider doing it in the comments section of any articles about NCSoft or their games on gaming new sistes.
The Tortanic tag spread very fast that way, and we could use a similar route to attach the game-killer tag to NCSoft.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:23:02 AM »
I'd also like to seem comment bomiming on NCSoft's social media sites, just using the phrase "NCSoft - the game-killers" - several hundred of those attached to every single Facebook post they make about GW2, BS or Wildstar would look quite good - we should also consider doing it in the comments section of any articles about NCSoft or their games on gaming new sistes.
The Tortanic tag spread very fast that way, and we could use a similar route to attach the game-killer tag to NCSoft.

Two thumbs up.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 04:01:21 AM »
Seconding the thumbs-up on Golden Girl's idea.

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 05:20:52 AM »
This sounds like it could be a good tactic, but I'm a bit worried about hard feelings about taking place in their 'universe' and possibly disrupting their game.  Maybe if, where able, we register in the respective game forums and bring it up, before taking root, if we do find any games that has /em torch.  Again, I'm not against this idea, I like it, I just don't want to take the chance of getting any potential allies angry before we're able to make a unified front.

I'm not suggesting being disruptive, spamming local channels, or anything - just standing there holding a torch.