Author Topic: Call to Action: Archive EVERYTHING!  (Read 18513 times)

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
Re: Call to Action: Archive EVERYTHING!
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
As a personal project and memento, I spent the last couple of months grabbing demos of (almost) every zone in the game, along with lots of screenshots.  If someone can tell me where to put 'em, I'll be glad to upload the demo files for the public.

Atlas, Galaxy (Echo), Kings, Perez, Hollows, Skyway, Faultline, Steel, Boomtown, Indy Port, Terra Volta, Talos, Striga, Croatoa, Brickstown, Crey's, Founder's, Eden, Peregrine
Midnighter Club, Cimerora, Pocket D, Rikti War Zone, Dark Astoria (live and echo)
Ouroborous
Outbreak(!)
Firebase Zulu, Cascades, Chantry, Storm Palace
Mercy, Port Oakes, Cap, Sharkhead, Nerva, St. Martial, Grandville
Bloody Bay, Recluse's, Siren's, Warburg
Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, Neutropolis, Underground Imperial(*), First Ward, Night Ward
 (* chosen to be representative, not comprehensive)

You can either take my on-rails tour, or push F2 and explore as a free-roaming camera.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
Since the announcement I've grabbed screen shots of every sign in the game that I saw, even in missions. The signs in this game were always something that made it special to me, so I wanted my own archive of them. I think I got most of them outside of praetoria (though I did get a few there), particularly in the rogue Isles. I'm pretty sure I have all the red side signs.

Scitenik

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 05:59:18 AM »
As a personal project and memento, I spent the last couple of months grabbing demos of (almost) every zone in the game, along with lots of screenshots.  If someone can tell me where to put 'em, I'll be glad to upload the demo files for the public.

Atlas, Galaxy (Echo), Kings, Perez, Hollows, Skyway, Faultline, Steel, Boomtown, Indy Port, Terra Volta, Talos, Striga, Croatoa, Brickstown, Crey's, Founder's, Eden, Peregrine
Midnighter Club, Cimerora, Pocket D, Rikti War Zone, Dark Astoria (live and echo)
Ouroborous
Outbreak(!)
Firebase Zulu, Cascades, Chantry, Storm Palace
Mercy, Port Oakes, Cap, Sharkhead, Nerva, St. Martial, Grandville
Bloody Bay, Recluse's, Siren's, Warburg
Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, Neutropolis, Underground Imperial(*), First Ward, Night Ward
 (* chosen to be representative, not comprehensive)

You can either take my on-rails tour, or push F2 and explore as a free-roaming camera.

You could host them on Dropbox as one potential option, or even mediafire. I, for one, am very interested in having the demo files of all the zones. I was recording things towards the end with a very specific purpose in mind, so I don't have records of a lot.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 10:54:18 PM »
I think ParagonWiki or Ouroboros Portal may be able to do this as part of it's file upload mechanism, if it's cool with Titan Network to use the wikis for that purpose.

Something like upload file, link to it in an appropriate page (don't just upload the file and take off), and we the community organize and collate the links (so someone out of haste or ignorance doesn't dump links to Atlas Park tours in the list for Villain zones, etc.)

It would be easier to use existing systems than make a new section of the Titan Network just for demorecord submissions I feel.  I might be wrong and something like that is already in the works (COHTube? XD)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 11:55:46 PM »
The month that never happened....from the CoX forums
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »
I've zipped up all the zone records I have.  The package comes to 50.5 megs.  I don't have a dropbox (et al) account; should I get one, or do you have other options/suggestions?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 01:16:53 AM »
Self hosting seems to be the only option for now.  If you want to share it now at least. (Dropbox, Google Drive, box, etc.)

A centralized option would be great, but when it happens, it happens.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »
I host the Zip at my site but then I need to get the file some how. If we can some how work and exchange I will host it on my Remembrance Site for CoX.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:12 AM »
Thank you

Scitenik

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
Awesome, very much appreciated!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:10 AM »
Very nice!  Thanks for sharing! :D

As for the representative not comprehensive part, once the map is fully loaded, I hit P, then F2 in the Demorecord mode, which lets me move around the map as I please.  The tours are helpful, but anyone with these files can go "self-directed" if they like.  (The program Cameraman also helps greatly: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5623.new.html#new)

(Edit: You got the Ski Chalet!  AWESOME! :DDD)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:12:01 AM by Tahquitz »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »
I'm downloading it. I hope there aren't any viruses, cuz GMail can't scan it... 

:P
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
Given that it came from my machine, I sure hope it's not virus infected too. :D
You are, of course, welcome to scan it yourself once it's downloaded.

Tahquitz:  What I meant was, I didn't get all three Underground zones, just that one.  Like I said, this was a personal project.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
-A piece of history for newer players.- Those kiosks that were all over were once the Facebook of Paragon. You could get information about who had the top stats for tanks, healers etc. The top ten were displayes for the day, week and month.
Here is a screenie with my Double Healix listed. There was something really cool seeing your name on the lists. I was bummed when the devs disabled them, but it must have been a pain to keep up with it all.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
*Sobs*

Megjoule, you will never know how much this means to me.  I wanted desperately to demorecord all the zones so I could walk through them again, but we were so busy on the Disney Pitch I never got even half of them done.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
Sorry to necro this post, but a possible Demorecord repository is in the works outside of Titan Network.

http://rememberingparagon.com/

There's a link to his demo records as well.

Also, someone is working on a demorecord converter for any .costume or Sentinel+ files you have to aid in making your own Demorecord edits later. https://twitter.com/EpicDuckStudios/status/276743837924339712

Nevermind that static: it's ready! http://demolition.mcuznz.ca/