Author Topic: interesting info  (Read 2145 times)

purplemanwolf

• Underling
interesting info
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: interesting info
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »
I didn't know any of this, but it doesn't surprise me all that much.  Just another reason Cities was amazing and NCSoft is evil.  *Sigh*

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45:04 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »
 ??? Where does that quote come from?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
I did a search at Guinness's site for MMO http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/Search.aspx?q=mmo and none of the results were for City. Then again, I did the same search five minutes later and the six results it'd given me previously were no longer showing up. So maybe their search is borked.

The six MMO records it had listed were for "Most Popular Console MMO", "First Sci-Fi MMORPG", "Most Money Received for a Virtual World", "First Console Sports MMO", "Longest-Running Sci-Fi MMO", and "First MMO First-Person Shooter". None of those were for City of Heroes.

So before citing the "City's in Guinness" thing to the rest of the world, someone may wish to verify that City is actually in it. Unfortunately, a lot of what flies around on Facebook isn't truth, and it'd be awful embarrassing if we started spreading this as a talking point and it turned out to be false. :/

Valjean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »
COH is in Guinness. It's this edition, I believe. (I have a copy of it at home). Most of the entries in the gamer's edition don't show up on the Guinness website.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904994458/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

SilverSanguis

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
it was in the top ten list of MMOs based on subscribed users (and was the only non-fantasy style game on the list) and holds the record for the most free content updates ever.

EVE is not exactly fantasy either and it has around 400k subscribers...

Just a note 0-o