Author Topic: City of Heroes Fan-Comic series  (Read 2457 times)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
City of Heroes Fan-Comic series
« on: December 11, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
Greetings all,

Last week end I attended a Meet and Greet. Now that that is out of the way, while at the Meet and Greet there were several pieces of information regarding the direction the CoH Story was going to take in the coming issues. I did not think of it at the time and so am only operating from memory at this point but the tidbits were very enticing and more then a little infuriating when it was realized that they were what was going to happen in CoH in a future that is likely never going to happen now.

Still the tidbits stuck with me and before long they started bouncing around in my head and simply would not subside. Then I had an idea for a plan of my own contribution to the City of Heroes Legacy. Fan Comics that continue on from where City of Heroes left off. When City of Heroes returns they will be a monument to our own willpower to keep our City alive no matter the challenges and should the worst truly come to pass and City of Heroes does not return, they shall be our own continuance despite all other factors.

So here is what I am thinking. I'm sure there are other fans out there that have been given other tidbits of intentions for where the story was headed. I would ask that those individuals come forward and supply those tidbits, preferably privately but in truth there is no way to control it. We will then turn the tidbits over to interested writers (Fan writers mind you. Not talking about hiring JMS or anything here) who, using the tidbits as an outline will create the stories and then the scripts for what will become the comics. Then the writers will work with Storyboard artists to put together the storyboard panels and rough plans for the comics. Those Story boards will then be used by Demo editors to create the demo files that will allow us to grab screen caps. Those screen caps can then be edited as needed by interested individuals using Photoshop to address any short falls that we want to address (Facial expressions, fingers pointing rather then hands, lighting, coloring effect ect) to create the actual images that will be used in the comics themselves. From there it's a fairly straight forward matter to assemble the images into the comics themselves.

I have done this before with my own Fan comics, City of Heroes: A Legacy of Sin. The process itself does work. Personally I think it provides considerably creative control over the process and allows us to accomplish more then what would be possibly with just screen caps. It does work. It is however rather labor intensive. So, that is why I am posting here.

I am putting the word out and seeking individuals who are interested in pursuing this effort with me. Who is interested?

Post here or send me a Private message and I'll get back you as soon as I possibly can.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:39:43 AM by Torroes Prime »
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
Re: City of Heroes Fan-Comic series
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:23:56 AM »
Have you read through Positron's Lore AMA document?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19qbHHrRmifxGPz60-_ApLNiwOmF5QVEMrXHgB1Nrd4o/preview?pli=1&sle=true

Also, sent note about Tim.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
Re: City of Heroes Fan-Comic series
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:40:26 AM »
Have you read through Positron's Lore AMA document?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19qbHHrRmifxGPz60-_ApLNiwOmF5QVEMrXHgB1Nrd4o/preview?pli=1&sle=true

Also, sent note about Tim.

OH did not know about that. Thanks.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.