This post will always have the link to the latest version along with instructions, and is the best place to link to.Icon Version 1.2What is Icon?
Titan Icon is a small program that unlocks the City of Heroes costume creator for offline use. You can create, edit, load and save costumes, as well as preview power animations.Downloadhttp://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exeRequirements
You must have either the latest Issue 23 (version 2320.201207182341.1) or Issue 24 (version 2400.201208211101.1) game client installed. The NCSoft launcher is not
required. The Issue 24 client has more costume parts available and is recommended if you have it.
If you deleted City, or you're returning after a long absence, the Issue 24 client is available from savecoh.com
. You must have either a torrent program or a SugarSync account. Both are explained on the download page.Instructions
Instructions for Mac Users
- Save icon.exe into your City of Heroes program folder. On a default install, this may be in C:\Program Files\City of Heroes, or C:\Program Files (x86)\City of Heroes on 64-bit systems. It should have a cityofheroes.exe file in it as well.
- Use Explorer to browse to that folder, and double click icon.exe. You can create a shortcut to it if desired.
Thanks to TheManga for figuring this out! Original post here.IMPORTANT:
MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CITY OF HEROES FOLDER. Since we'll be modifying it irrecoverably, it's best to work with a copy.
- Download icon.exe from the link above.
- Toss the NCSoft Launcher in the trash. Not really necessary, but it's fun. Laugh while the trash empties.
- Use the finder's Go To Folder command and select ~/Library/Preferences.
- Delete com.ncsoft.* (anything beginning with that) and City of Heroes preferences.
- Right click on the City of Heroes application and select Show Package Contents.
- Go to Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > coh .... or that last part might be Program Files > City of Heroes.
- Drag the icon.exe into the path above.
- Back up to Contents and select MacOS. Click slowly twice in the name "cider" to rename it. Change the name to "cider_die".
- Right-click on cider_noui and choose "Duplicate". Click slowly on the name "cider_noui copy" to rename it. Change that name to just "cider".
- Backup to Contents again.
- Download this Icon.plist file: http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/Info.plist
- Go to Contents again, and drop the Info.plist there, replacing the existing one.
- Close everything up and launch the City of Heroes application. It will go directly into the costume creator!
- (OPTIONAL) Change the name of the City of Heroes application to something like "CoH Costume Creator" to differentiate it.