Author Topic: City of Heroes Freedom lost data and update problems  (Read 385 times)

pikabko1000

• Underling
City of Heroes Freedom lost data and update problems
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:23:28 am »
Lets say hard drive is a fast access and masive storage device. its got a few draw backs
1)Windows XP,7, so on. tends to get virus, spyware,malware,root kit and so on and so forth that dose damage data and damage or kill the bios.
2)Hard drive used megnitic fileds simular to the old school floopy disc. Metal Discs are in the hard drive to contain the data can go bad.
crashes, turn off the computer wrong,blue screen of death and may other issues that will kill data including City of Hereos and the Windows installtation.
 what happned to me.  Yes I do not have all the updates and patches of City of Heroes.
The only way to get it back to what it was is to download the data from NC SOFT Lancher.
that leads more problems. Oh boy like the data is deleated off the servers.  I.E: format c:
all the server data is gone! not only I had to do that on my hard drive. and NC soft done the same thing to the servers.
Well my windows died cannot help it cannot even boot up. well partal good news is my windows is not fixed.
The bad news is trying to get the updates and patches of City of Heroes Freedom.
what can COHTITAN or TITANNETWORK can do to fix that?
I know for the fact that NC Soft clamed they own CITY OF HEROES. WE ALL KNOW CRYPTIC STUDIOS MADE CITY OF HEROES. So the owner ship should go on to Crypic Studios.

While the battle of who is to clame owner ship of City of Heroes.
Whos got the right by law?
NC SOFT sticking to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% won the name rights and data and every thing that is City of Hereos belongs to NC SOFT.

all right. never mind Cryptic Studios clames. I do not hear anything about Cryptic Studios trying to fight for there rights on  the property. well regarding City of Heroes.
its like simply gave up. and stay at home. then go to work to pretend they are working when nothing is being done at all. that is one of the big deal of what
is wrong with Champios Online. it was developed by lazy people that did not want to go do work. No pride what so ever. so I closed that account.
So I come hear to ask questions? I feel the pain is just as bad as the rest of the us. more so then the vetterians that stayed at least 8 to 10 years or even possible even longer.
Who to talk to? what compnay to call? then again who to  talk to? I visited youtube videos and sent messages to game develepers of City of Hereos to request off line mod.
and what can be done to save City of Heroes. if you thinking what I am thiking like talking to Paragon Studios ,Cryptic Studios. I found out the hard way forget about that.
they all got fired and its all broken up. and moved on to other projects. wishing to get the old team back to together and contine the work on CITY OF HEROES is a wish that died.
again it comes to NC SOFT. NC SOFT is owned by NC Soft West that is South Korea NC SOFT. I have nothing against South Korea Goverment untill now. eve as far back as Augest 2012
when I was off line. No internet service what so ever. I had to pack my belongings and move out twice since then. I had no clue what was going on untill about the the beginning of November. talk about being cut off from the rest of the world. then starting to gather information. power less to do anything. I done my best ot protest against NC SOFT.
NC SOFT simply got rude. all my game save was formated the hard drive on the NC SOFT ACCOUNT. Not on my computer. what I cannot even get my old game save files. I cannot get my toons that I created. I cannot get the update files of the powers and custime parts that I paid extra for. using the Paragon Points program. that was extra money on top the montly VIP rent that I jad been paying. that is my property. I paid for all of that. I cannot get it ?
those files that I submited reguarding CIty of Heores that I paid monthly rent money to and  also the paragon Point Program and the files I paid for. simply ereased it. I did not tell them to erease it. Itwas done with out my permition to do so. when NC Soft dose a act that I paid for.( like the rest of you did) I want my property.
I paid money ok. buying City of Heores. I got all the dics that was on the market that went on sale back in 2004 or what ever. a complete collection of Game Boxes, cases, DVD cases, Books , loose leaf guide books. collection edtion this and that. evern I started the City of Heroes a bit later then my friend did. I think 2005. So that money and the time I sent over the years puts me on the playing Filed to try to save City of Heroes. when aything about Civil law suits against NC Soft, getting details of who get the rights to own the servers., or off line mod. that puts me on the action. I want to be part of the action. I want to get the data. I want to stand up and take part of the argument of what it takes to Save City of Heroes. beleave me I will put up a good debate or good argument. I had years of practice to speak my mind.
well as of  Jan 8 my internet service provider will be cut off. I am going to be out of touch of what is going on in the world. Road Runner well Oceanic Cable well takes the full blame for the service cut off. lets say I told my room mate to suspened the account. so i can get my own. I try to get it up ASAP. this is a bad time for ISP service to die.
well any who. my phone service will be cut off. no internet  is also no phone service. Yikes! my job  for now is try to get get the a different ISP. I try to go cheap  then I had been paying for now. then upgrade later.
while I am working on that.
Final thoughts
what is going on with wich City of Heroes? we all know NC SOFT Fcked it.
people are doing there best to yell at NC soft about it. I done it and failed. I did not give up.  I Filed reports at the BBU and the respond from the BBU is f#ck it do not got time for this sh#T so if you people got serious arguments against a compnay. do not deal with BBU. its wasting time. BBU job is to protest the big corperations for campain money for the election.
like NC Soft pays BBU or the Federal Goverment money to leave NC SOFT alone. The Federal Govemrnet and the BBU and the IC3.gov will take the money. give them a pass to what ever NC Soft wants to do . and I have to fight my own battles with my own atterney that I cannot afford.
all I can do is pass on my  queations to people as many ways I can think off. and request information what to do about it? what kind of support do I need? where to get the support?
who to talk to? get the paper work. How to fill it out and where to send it to? and how much is this is going to cost me? Money I do not got.
what ca nbe done to save City of Heroes. I want in on the arguemt. I wish I had the time and the money with few atterneys and knock on NC Soft door. and simply have the atterneys take over the joint.
well my reqeust is will some one with some powerfull atterney do just that. go to NC soft and kick them in the ass.
thake the mater to court. its not for me. Do it for us. all of USA. we are not in the South Korea law? what dose South Korea law got anything to do about City of Heores or american law? nothing. I know the people at South Korea dose not understand this. I do not eather. Its like like about 6 billion dollar a quarter year that NC soft is making money on City of Heroes. I do not understand it. there is no need to cut off service like this. I do not get it? why is NC soft doing there best to get them self out of busienss.
well I got news for you? I hope they do just that. then its liquidation time. and you know what that is. thew rights to City of Heroes will be put on the liqudation display and put on sale and on extreme liquidation sale. then Titain Network can grab it. take it to the cashier pay for it. then get a new home for the servers. get a new Paragon Studio. Turn on the servers and we all go back on. and enjoy life as it should be. back on City of Heroes. hope that my data is not ereased

Hyperstrike

• Project Coordinators
  • Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
Re: City of Heroes Freedom lost data and update problems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:45 pm »
Okay.  Really not sure this angry screed is going anyplace.  But I'll try to respond.

Lets say hard drive is a fast access and masive storage device. its got a few draw backs
1)Windows XP,7, so on. tends to get virus, spyware,malware,root kit and so on and so forth that dose damage data and damage or kill the bios.
2)Hard drive used megnitic fileds simular to the old school floopy disc. Metal Discs are in the hard drive to contain the data can go bad.
crashes, turn off the computer wrong,blue screen of death and may other issues that will kill data including City of Hereos and the Windows installtation.
 what happned to me.  Yes I do not have all the updates and patches of City of Heroes.
The only way to get it back to what it was is to download the data from NC SOFT Lancher.
that leads more problems. Oh boy like the data is deleated off the servers.  I.E: format c:
all the server data is gone! not only I had to do that on my hard drive. and NC soft done the same thing to the servers.
Well my windows died cannot help it cannot even boot up. well partal good news is my windows is not fixed.
The bad news is trying to get the updates and patches of City of Heroes Freedom.
what can COHTITAN or TITANNETWORK can do to fix that?

If you lose your CoH install folder for some reason, let people here know.
Some of us can get you a replacement copy of the data.  It's really not difficult (just a long-arsed download).

I know for the fact that NC Soft clamed they own CITY OF HEROES. WE ALL KNOW CRYPTIC STUDIOS MADE CITY OF HEROES. So the owner ship should go on to Crypic Studios.

Wrong.  Cryptic initially created the game.  But they sold their interest in it off to NCSoft.  Lock stock and barrel.

While the battle of who is to clame owner ship of City of Heroes.

What "battle"?  There is no battle.

Now to get out the rock hammer and pound down this wall of text.

all right. never mind Cryptic Studios clames.

Again.  There are no Cryptic claims here.  Or, if there are, I'd ask you to kindly supply links to where Cryptic is claiming anything.

I do not hear anything about Cryptic Studios trying to fight for there rights on  the property. well regarding City of Heroes.
its like simply gave up. and stay at home.

Uh yeah.  As noted, they sold their interest in the game years ago.

then go to work to pretend they are working when nothing is being done at all. that is one of the big deal of what is wrong with Champios Online. it was developed by lazy people that did not want to go do work. No pride what so ever. so I closed that account.

Okay.  You don't like CO.  What's that got to do with CoH?  Cryptic hasn't had much of anything to do with CoH since the end of 2007.

So I come hear to ask questions? I feel the pain is just as bad as the rest of the us. more so then the vetterians that stayed at least 8 to 10 years or even possible even longer.

I think you're confused as to the timeline of City of Heroes boss.  CoH ran for approximately 8.5 years.  Maybe people were following and beta-ing for 6-ish months or so before then.  But 10 years?  Yeahno.

all my game save was formated the hard drive on the NC SOFT ACCOUNT.

CoH was an MMO.  There was no save-game file.  There never was.

I cannot get my toons that I created.

If you saved costumes, you can recreate them with a working copy of the CoH client and Titan Icon.

I cannot get the update files of the powers and custime parts that I paid extra for.

Well, if you're using Icon, you can use pretty much any costume assets in the game.

using the Paragon Points program. that was extra money on top the montly VIP rent that I jad been paying. that is my property.

Bzzt!  The in-game items are not (and never were) your "property".  The minute your access to the game ceased, so did the items in question.

I paid for all of that. I cannot get it ?

In short, no.

those files that I submited reguarding CIty of Heores that I paid monthly rent money to and  also the paragon Point Program and the files I paid for. simply ereased it. I did not tell them to erease it. Itwas done with out my permition to do so. when NC Soft dose a act that I paid for.( like the rest of you did) I want my property.

Again.  It wasn't your property.  It was an in-game knick-knack that was more or less guaranteed access to until the closure of the game.  They closed the game.

I paid money ok. buying City of Heores.

You didn't buy City of Heroes.  You maybe bought an install disk with a time card.  All the money you paid was for game access or access to content/costume pieces/gear. 

Access.  Not ownership.

I got all the dics that was on the market that went on sale back in 2004 or what ever. a complete collection of Game Boxes, cases, DVD cases, Books , loose leaf guide books. collection edtion this and that. evern I started the City of Heroes a bit later then my friend did. I think 2005. So that money and the time I sent over the years puts me on the playing Filed to try to save City of Heroes. when aything about Civil law suits against NC Soft, getting details of who get the rights to own the servers., or off line mod. that puts me on the action. I want to be part of the action. I want to get the data. I want to stand up and take part of the argument of what it takes to Save City of Heroes. beleave me I will put up a good debate or good argument. I had years of practice to speak my mind.

Reread all the user agreements.  Noplace did they guarantee perpetual access.

well as of  Jan 8 my internet service provider will be cut off. I am going to be out of touch of what is going on in the world. Road Runner well Oceanic Cable well takes the full blame for the service cut off. lets say I told my room mate to suspened the account. so i can get my own. I try to get it up ASAP. this is a bad time for ISP service to die.
well any who. my phone service will be cut off. no internet  is also no phone service. Yikes! my job  for now is try to get get the a different ISP. I try to go cheap  then I had been paying for now. then upgrade later.
while I am working on that.

Uhm.  Okay?

what is going on with wich City of Heroes? we all know NC SOFT Fcked it.

NCSoft mothballed the game.  For reasons they won't tell us.
A group of community members are trying to see if we can find alternate funding to buy the property off NCSoft and possibly resurrect the game.

people are doing there best to yell at NC soft about it. I done it and failed. I did not give up.  I Filed reports at the BBU and the respond from the BBU is f#ck it do not got time for this sh#T so if you people got serious arguments against a compnay. do not deal with BBU. its wasting time. BBU job is to protest the big corperations for campain money for the election.
like NC Soft pays BBU or the Federal Goverment money to leave NC SOFT alone. The Federal Govemrnet and the BBU and the IC3.gov will take the money. give them a pass to what ever NC Soft wants to do . and I have to fight my own battles with my own atterney that I cannot afford.
all I can do is pass on my  queations to people as many ways I can think off. and request information what to do about it? what kind of support do I need? where to get the support?
who to talk to? get the paper work. How to fill it out and where to send it to? and how much is this is going to cost me? Money I do not got.
what ca nbe done to save City of Heroes. I want in on the arguemt. I wish I had the time and the money with few atterneys and knock on NC Soft door. and simply have the atterneys take over the joint.

Right now, you can talk to a lawyer.  But, most likely, you're going to be told, honestly, that you have no legal recourse against NCSoft.  If you had any outstanding subscription time, you should have had that money refunded on a prorated basis.

well my reqeust is will some one with some powerfull atterney do just that. go to NC soft and kick them in the ass.

Any shyster landshark would just take your money and go nowhere with it.

thake the mater to court. its not for me. Do it for us. all of USA.

So someone should burn potentially thousands or millions of dollars on a fruitless lawsuit that'll get tossed out when NCSoft produces documentation?

Yeahno.

we are not in the South Korea law? what dose South Korea law got anything to do about City of Heores or american law? nothing. I know the people at South Korea dose not understand this. I do not eather. Its like like about 6 billion dollar a quarter year that NC soft is making money on City of Heroes. I do not understand it. there is no need to cut off service like this. I do not get it? why is NC soft doing there best to get them self out of busienss.

This has nothing to do with anything.

In short, I'm sorry you're angry about the situation.
So am I.
So are LOTS of people.
But, instead of just ranting off, people are trying to stay productive on this.  Hopefully we can salvage SOMETHING out of this debacle.