Author Topic: Call for Screenshots!  (Read 11423 times)

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
Call for Screenshots!
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:50 PM »
Hello! I am working on a webpage layout and am going to need help gathering certain screenshots in order to help better tell our story. The webpage is a collaboration for the following threads:

Advertising Campaign
Banner Ads
Information Center

Here is a mockup of the layout I plan to make.

It would be great to use mostly player-submitted content. Plus we have alot of talented people who can create certain images using demo-editing. I've seen a lot of amazing screenshots from the community and they need to be highlighted! The game's graphics were very impressive and need to be showcased! Our characters costumes are so unique, they need to be in the spotlight!

Enhancing screenshots is fine, but lets keep it as close to real game play as possible - so careful having fun with those filters :)

Now, I know there are TONS of screenshots out there, but for this purpose, we may need to keep it limited to an "on-call" basis. The page will be a growing continuous page, so there's plenty of opportunity for your screenshots to be featured.

I would also like to have your global name popup ("submitted by: @global) when someone hovers over an image - so if you would like that, please include your global name with your submissions.

You can either post submissions here or email them to me at vyoletweb@gmail.com.

Now for our first Screenshot Call!

I need a set of images to show "Paragon Waking Up." I need:

- City scene at dusk
- City scene mid morning
- City scene daytime

Criteria:
- No people - need a "before anyone logged on" feel
- Not Atlas Park - that will be for another panel - lets showcase the other maps
- Don't forget about Villain-side! if you have a good one from red-side at morning, submit it!
- Include your Global name for recognition.

Have fun gang! and thanks in advance for all the help!
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Call for Screenshots!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »
I'm sure you'll be swamped here shortly, but I put a few of mine on imgur if you'd like to take a look.   http://imgur.com/a/35nw7#0   I tend to leave my characters in the shots, but all but one of those are empty.

I've been playing with the demo editor, too, so if you have requests, I may be able to help with that, too.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »
You're welcome to grab any of the shots from my screenshot thread if you want them. I could also provide links to full-sized versions if you needed them, within reason. (They're 1920x1200 and almost 900k each at native resolution, so I just don't have the web space to host many of them that size, but if you want specific images to resize yourself that's probably the best way to do it.) I was @Brightfires in-game just like I am here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:44:25 PM by Brightfires »
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Well, I don't know if these are what you're looking for, but here's to hoping they'll be of some use. Most screenshots I took had characters in them, so I had to crop around 'em. My handle was @Flying Carcass

Spoiler for Hidden:

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »
I'll dig through my personal wiki to see what I have that might be interesting.  All are screen captures with most of the graphics settings all the way up at 1680x1028.  I ran the game windowed on dual head system using only one display for the game.  Other display to control the computer, pull up browsers for info, run a toon tracker to keep stats, etc.

I would guess I have about 200 screen captures of various things I found interesting including signs, landmarks, toons, my base (aka The Nest (rodent base accepting anyone including Cat Girls refugees)), and bases of friends.  I even have biographical info for about half my toons.

There are days I wish I could make this part of my personal wiki public but alas I cannot.
No Surrender!

Quinch

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:19 AM »
Nearly all my screenshots have people in them, but I dug these two out. Not that it contributes much, the posted screenshots are great.

And if anything, I have an excuse to go messing around in demorecord now.

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
Well, I did these Panoramas a few years back, and while they're not strictly speaking single screenshots, you may get some use out of them.  My global was @Li Sensei

I may have one or two more, but those were all the ones I put on Imageshack, the others tended to have even more unpleasant levels of fisheye distortion :)

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:52:06 PM »
I went back and added a few more.    http://imgur.com/a/35nw7#6

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
Thanks guys for your submissions so far. I'm going to try and get the first section installment hopefully finished today. Although the projects that this webpage was initially planned for will probably be back-burnered or modified, I am still going to try and complete this project and dedicate it as a fan page.

I would love input from the community, so if you have suggestions for the website, please visit the webpage content thread.

Thanks again!

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 12:56:18 AM »
Hi All! So the mockup of the first installment of the website took longer than I expected, but here it is! I really had a fun time looking at the screenshot submissions. It's been a nice stroll down memory lane :) and it was cool to see some of my favorite spots from another perspective.

As you noticed, there are blanks spots where some images need to be, and I just haven't found yet.

So! That means a new call for screenshots. People/Characters can be in these shots.
Needing:

• Atlas Park with Atlas Statue
  • Water Blast in action (or I could use the promotional ad by NCSoft)
  • Nature Affinity in action
  • Martial Assault in action
  • Martial Combat in action
  • A scene from Wentworths
  • Costume Creator

Any content suggestions can be submitted here.

Thanks!

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
I added a half dozen or so to the end of my Imgur album.

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
Hi there, not sure if these would be helpful, but I've collected my previous blog posts with some of my landscape shots into a G+ album here:

https://plus.google.com/108962741186348488072/posts/Qw5WrD8dynV

Feel free to review/download. Most are 1920x1200, but some are 1680x1050.

Cheers!
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
AwESomE images...i downloaded Atlas park...hope you don't mind...using it in my  desktop collection.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:54:00 PM by MaidMercury »

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »
Figure I should also remember to update this thread. This is a copy and paste from the Website Content thread:

Sorry for the delay on getting everyone a website update. It seemed every time I drew up a list of things I needed help on, or that needed to be mentioned in this thread, I was able to either find it or figure it out. Good news, the website is coming along nicely so far!

Just to give you an idea on the progress. I have the webpage broken up into pretty much 6 sections. I've finished the first 2 sections and am working on the 3rd section. As was mentioned in another thread, I'm guesstimating to be finished within 2 or 3 weeks.

I do have a couple of requests that I definitely need help with:

Screenshot of Water Blast.

Unfortunately, neither I nor my hubby got to make one of these characters. We were saving that chance for when i24 came out. But! You might have one! eh? eh? *hopes* If you have a screenshots of this power in action, or have the sentinel of your water blast character, you can either post it here or email it to me.

Next -

Issue 24 Beta Demo Records / Screenshots

Were any of you able to get a screenie of the new power pool color customization? Would love to use a Super Speed color screenshot.
How about demo files or screenshots for Martial Combat or Martial Assault?

Next -

Character Grieving

Need a shot to show a character defeated or grieving. It's for the "Reaction" section to show how we all felt "punched in the gut" when we first heard the news. I know I sure felt that way.

Anyhoo - that's it for now. If you have something that's not listed here, but you think will be good for the website, post here or email it to me  My email is vyoletweb@gmail.com.
Thanks!

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 10:28:09 PM »
Cameo your character! This is a holler for a screenshot, sideview, of your character flying!

Much appreciated!

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 02:00:44 AM »
My two favorites...

The first is Kasekura, who loved his flying carpet in spite of having wings:

The second is Tamlin, who had already crossed Steel about a dozen times that day. XD
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
Great pix Brightfires! Will use! Thanks for submitting :)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »
Here's a shot I took and made into a login screen for my client:

And here's a funny photoshop I did of the last Who Will Die loadscreen once people started calling him "Rulawade"

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »
Cool screenie Kyriani!

Hey all, here is an update on the website project!

Donathius

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:58 PM »
I call this "Lord Recluse is FABULOUS!"