Author Topic: SDCC Arrow Season 2 trailer  (Read 3975 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
SDCC Arrow Season 2 trailer
« on: July 21, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
If you haven't watched Arrow it's the CW's DC take on Green Arrow.  It's a very awesome show.

Well SDCC showed an Arrow trailer for season two that deals with the repercussions of the earthquake device that was used to destroy part of Faultline The Hollows The Glades.

Besides introducing everyone's favorite SciFi crazy kick ass girl and possible show curse into the cast this season, Summer Glau, the trailer shows what looks like Black Canary sans scream.  The trailer also included something that brought a tear to my eye at around the 2:40 mark.

Watch, enjoy, and cry a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl8cmfXEOo
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mantic

• Boss
Re: SDCC Arrow Season 2 trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
Arrow has mostly been on the brink for ratings since it was such a slow starter; I'm glad it's surviving. But Diggle turned out to be the real star of the show, upstaging "the Hood" much the way Bruce Lee upstaged the Hornet.

Unlike the DCNU of the comics, Arrow does a good job of repackaging all these DC characters in slightly different ways. It's independent enough to allow them creative slack without making it all completely unrecognizable.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Arrow has mostly been on the brink for ratings since it was such a slow starter; I'm glad it's surviving. But Diggle turned out to be the real star of the show, upstaging "the Hood" much the way Bruce Lee upstaged the Hornet.

Unlike the DCNU of the comics, Arrow does a good job of repackaging all these DC characters in slightly different ways. It's independent enough to allow them creative slack without making it all completely unrecognizable.

Arrow's never been on the brink for ratings.  It's The CW's 2nd most popular show after Vampire Diaries and it beat out Supernatural and it was like that for it's entire season.   I think you're thinking of Nikita.  Sure Arrow looks like it isn't doing well compared to shows on other networks that night (it's on the same time as Survivor) but for CW it was ratings gold.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »

In other words, Smallville Part 2 :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

Not quite the pit they dug with Smallville.  There is a lot of Green Arrow: Year One/New Earth take on the characters.  They are introducing Brother Blood and some Suicide Squad members this year.  They already have Deadshot and China White.  They also had the Royal Flush gang, Merlyn and assorted mob bosses and drug kingpins that are now dead or imprisoned.  They also have Slade Wilson in the flashbacks to the island where Oliver went from carefree womanizing playboy to "super hero" over 5 years.  Currently in that story arc he's an ally on the island but I can see that changing (the show runs a flashback plot along with the plot in the here and now).  There is an overarching season long plot but it does have it's badguy of the week.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »
Arrow's never been on the brink for ratings.  It's The CW's 2nd most popular show after Vampire Diaries and it beat out Supernatural and it was like that for it's entire season.   I think you're thinking of Nikita.  Sure Arrow looks like it isn't doing well compared to shows on other networks that night (it's on the same time as Survivor) but for CW it was ratings gold.

I'll assume you know, and that's good news, because I've been dreading the axe being dropped on yet another show I've committed to for awhile. It's just that every time I went to look up the show on the interwebs there was some mention of it having low ratings. As you say, it may have only been in relation to the main networks, and not to CW's standard.

I hope that Arrow is not in any danger, because once it got past the silliness of the first few episodes, like Olly learning to kill by having to kill... a chicken, or the plot-pivotal scene of his changing into full costume while running up stairs to intercept a sniper who was already shooting people, or all the relentless flip-fighting, it's become a pretty decent show.

That remains to be seen. Just personal taste, I appreciate the moral ambiguity more in the world of Oliver Queen than that of Clark Kent.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:37:49 AM by Mantic »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »
And now word is Barry Allen is showing up in Arrow with his own series in the making.

The CW Developing The Flash as a Spinoff of Arrow

Of course they went with the serious Flash.  More broody.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
I doubt they could top the show Barry Allen's Flash already had.  Still waiting for Arrow to appear before me in a conveniently watchable manner.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
I doubt they could top the show Barry Allen's Flash already had.  Still waiting for Arrow to appear before me in a conveniently watchable manner.

Ssshhh!
Spoiler for Hidden:
Use an add blocker and Chrome (I use Ad Block) and go here.  I prefer allmyvideos or Vidbull if VK doesn't have a 480 or 720 stream.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 07:37:23 PM »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »
Only 5 episodes.  Not the last five or the first five, just the last five shown since they are in repeats.  Those five are also available on Hulu.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
That's because I'd never condone or abet other methods of finding them. At least not in public.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
If I was gonna see 'em on the sly, I know where I could likely get the entire season in one package.  But I'd rather they pop up on Netflix.  I'd watch them on the CW site/app if they had the entire season for me to watch at my leisure rather than irritatingly just having the last few episodes shown.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.