Author Topic: Remember City of Heroes - Salute to City of Heroes  (Read 2644 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Remember City of Heroes - Salute to City of Heroes
« on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
Post your screenshots from wherever you're saluting City of Heroes. Be sure to say which game, what server you were on and where you were when you took it.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
Re: Remember City of Heroes - Salute to City of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »

This is a toon made to go with a friend of mine's toon who was sort of a "Middle Earth" interpretation of her Speedster Blur (an Martial Arts/Super Reflexes Scrapper). I made this to go with it as her twin brother. I never made the brother in CoH, but I did make the character's "son", which was close enough in coloring. I felt it was most appropriate to salute on this toon. (We may have made subtle or not so subtle nods to Interia and Impulse in CoH... and now ME....)

Game: Lord of the Rings Online

Server: Brandywine (home)

To all those who have played City of Heroes, to all those who miss it--to the best community that lives on in spite of it all. Rostadion of Mirkwood, Warden, Soldier, and Fellow Hero, salutes you and your fallen City!   

bootsoffire

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:12:42 AM »
we are here & waiting...please don't sue us AP33 logo person <3

Just a reminder that tonight at 9pm SL time we will stand on the stairs of the Museum of Superheroes with our torches to remember CoH Please come join us! There are costume freebies at the door if you feel inclined to make a new or old toon. Here's you TP...don't forget your wakies & break frees! Research Island Denmark (39,29,26)

annd my horrible carnie tribute

bootsoffire

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:25:06 AM »
sad turnout :'( , but we did have a bastardized B.Scorp join us  ;D

I *CAN* say, we all miss Paragon City & our community.

xoxo,
boots

Myridean

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »
TSW Midnight Vigil to CoX

Thanks to Sailboat aka Staffybull we were able to get a small intimate gathering on the Ealdwic Park stage on the Cerberus Dimension

Sailboat as "Staffybull", our organizer of our vigil

In order of appearance left to right, "kb9", "Jule", "Staffybull", "LadyPhee", "Elania", "Tennai" & "DejaRue"

Me and "Darkstar" closing out the vigil at 3am EST (Midnight Pacific). "Staffybull" was there practically to the end himself before he had to hit the sack.

"Jule" is a crossover character from "City of Heroes" Virtue Server now on Arcadia Dimension. Julie Johnson has been RPed now for 8 years off and on but some would know her better as her more infamous self from redside as "Bombshell Blonde" ;)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:56 AM »
I wanted to be in Secret World with you guys. I really did. In the end I just couldn't do it.

I felt bad enough yesterday and while I am sure the company would have been delightful I'm not fit to be around people when my mood is this black.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Myridean

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »
Quite alright, Devil. You were there with us in spirit. Even though there are many CoX players who play or have played TSW, I knew it wasn't going to be a huge event as there were three factors the first being was that there weren't that many players going to be on because of the American Thanksgiving long weekend as many would be travelling or have RL stuff. The second was of the late hour on which we were holding the vigil which was some would be in bed before midnight EST and finally, we had the Gilded Rage / Golem event going on so those players who were on were more involved with that.

Someone said on our forums to hold the vigil another weekend for a better turnout but Sailboat said it best that these kind of anniversary dates cannot be picked by us.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
Thanks Myridean! I'm always there in spirit, if not the flesh.

I'm so angry and hurt that I feel like I might explode and the only way I can deal with it is to just let it go completely and not think about it. I still miss it and I want it, but I just have to hold on to hope.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »
I'm just going to leave a note here that people did show up in FFXIV for this. I think we ended up with 6 or 7. I have a photo, but I'd rather crop it down a little bit and my editing skills are...Nonexistent, so it may never show up here.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »
You could send it to me. I am proficient in Photoshop CS 6 and actually own a legal copy of it. PM if you want and I'll send you my email.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 09:08:19 AM »
My little SG and I have been making our way in "The Secret World" (would have joined you all there if I'd known, wish I didn't have to re-subscribe to the refugee channel every time I log in or I might know)

Sigh... another thing to miss about 'our City' who knew that so many other games aren't nearly as 'communication friendly' on an MMO... Don't get me started about the MMO's that don't even promote you playing with other players! (SWTOR I'm looking at you!!!)

Thanks Myridean! I'm always there in spirit, if not the flesh.

I'm so angry and hurt that I feel like I might explode and the only way I can deal with it is to just let it go completely and not think about it. I still miss it and I want it, but I just have to hold on to hope.

I get that. It's why I lurk and this year's current passing has kept me from being as prolific as I'd like as a poster. I wonder how many are like me... lurkers, but afraid to post most of the time because it's too much (as my wife once put it) picking at scabs... I'm still more emotional than I thought I would be...

But even then she lets me do it, because as a gamer herself, she has hope in such things, and knows why I do it when I feel strongly enough...

Even if you don't see us in whatever game you're in. We're here. We check back, and we care, even if we're limited in what we can do. We keep our eyes on the news of 'here', and on the horizon of our 'spiritual successors' on the way. One day in some form, we'll all find each other again, even those that weren't part of 'our City' to begin with... and then maybe we'll see the way the face of gaming changes because of it. I always laughed at how games changed to mirror City of Heroes with Sidekicking and Exemplaring, Side Rewards (like accomplishments and exploration credits), and User Generated Content (Architect was ahead of it's time if you look at what other companies try now for continuing content...) One day, those games will hopefully be working to keep up with us in one of our 'spiritual successors'.

That was my hopeful 'hero'- from my villain-

As much as I wish for 'home', nothing embodies success more than living better than your adversaries. No matter what happens in the future for 'our City' (unless say, Google picks it up or anything or whatever) If you wish NCsoft ill, support one or more of these 'spiritual successors' and prove them wrong. Outshine everything they did with 'our City' with their projects and make it better... Make that new city 'our City'... this applies as a player or one of those developers. The west is currently in a Super Hero Renaissance... Show them what they missed out on!

Lycantropus (and the Master Designer)~

A hero never quits, a villain never stops!...