Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 167758 times)

Fulgin

• Minion
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
Now that I'm in and running, I notice that some of the graphics settings are unavailable.  Specifically, all of the Ultra Mode options are greyed out.  Is this something related to Wine?  I have plenty of graphical horsepower (nVidia 775M chipset and 2 gigs of VRAM).

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2015, 10:20:28 PM »

Yes, that's a wine issue.  I'm looking into it.

thebefreckled

• Underling
  • Claws/Fire Scrapper
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2015, 12:58:58 AM »
Hi! I finally got into Icon and I am SO EXCITED about it, but when I try to launch Chat the City of Heroes Resurgence icon comes up on my dock, and when I ctrl-click show all windows I can see a big blue box. I don't understand the Homebrew installation process at all, do I need to figure that out in order to access chat?

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2015, 02:49:44 AM »
Yes, you do.  Scroll back to post #57 in this thread for instructions.  It's pretty easy.

If you have trouble connecting once everything is up and running, look elsewhere in this thread for a sudo command that will fix it.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2015, 12:54:50 AM »
So Island Rum has been running fine for a the past few days, but today it crashes with this error:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

I can post more from the error log if that would help.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2015, 03:50:21 AM »

I have never seen that error before.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
Any thoughts as to next steps?  Or should I delete/reinstall Island Rum?

SouthernNerd

• Underling
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2015, 09:58:23 PM »
Unfortunately whenever I try to download it using OS X format it doesn't even begin by saying something along the lines of "It is from an unsecure website and can't be downloaded".

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2015, 12:46:00 AM »
You can go into System Preferences and allow the download for the one time.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »
Unfortunately whenever I try to download it using OS X format it doesn't even begin by saying something along the lines of "It is from an unsecure website and can't be downloaded".

I haven't seen that before, either.  Which web browser is requiring a secure website for downloading?

Beat

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2015, 03:05:58 AM »
Hi everyone, I installed Island Rum today, but when I try to launch Titan Icon, I get this error message: "Couldn't write process memory: Message 0x%1 not found in file %2". Has anyone had any luck solving this?

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
Several folks have reported that error with Icon.  However, Paragon Chat typically launches and runs OK.

KibaInuzuka

• Underling
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2015, 04:05:52 AM »
Did I do something wrong? I downloaded Island Rum. Paragon Chat and Titan Icon
When I click to open the app, City of Heroes Resurgence. Nothing happens.. PLEASE help
I've been trying to get this to work for years. Each time I try.. I get so close.. by yet i'm so far

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
Did I do something wrong? I downloaded Island Rum. Paragon Chat and Titan Icon
When I click to open the app, City of Heroes Resurgence. Nothing happens.. PLEASE help
I've been trying to get this to work for years. Each time I try.. I get so close.. by yet i'm so far

I'm going to need a little more information than "Nothing happens".  Mac or Windows?  Do you see the login/password blanks?

galadri

• Underling
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
I'm having a similar problem. I opened it. It downloaded something for about a half hour, a "ready to play" message comes up over the load bar, but when I click the arrow to continue it just closes. No error message, no nothing. It just closes. Do I need to do something specific?

Tardigrade

• Underling
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
I'm having similar problems to those others have reported. First: Mac OS X 10.10.4, two different Mac Minis (2012, early and late I think), 8 GB RAM on one and 16 GB RAM on the other. I pointed Island Rum at the i24 beta, since I still had it, but it aborted when trying to copy the files. I copied the piggs from the old app (City of Heroes i24.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh/piggs) to the Resurgence app. When I started Island Rum again, it scanned all the piggs, then gave me the options of Icon or Paragon Chat. Icon works fine: selecting that launches Resurgence, I get the login screen, then eventually get dumped into the costume creator. If I select Paragon Chat, Resurgence launches, but never opens a window, and never attempts an outgoing Internet connection. It isn't frozen, as its menus still respond and I can quit it normally. It seems like it's waiting for something that never happens. The Info.plist file mentions a c:\coh\resurgence.exe that doesn't exist. I tried copying paragonchat.exe with that filename, to no avail. Changing any of the options in Island Rum also had no effect.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
If you previously had a copy of the I24 beta on your Mac (either at shutdown or from Icon), you may need to edit the Island Rum files so that it can locate those files.  See post #80 in this thread for information on how to do so.

If you did not previously have a copy of the I24 beta, Island Rum will download it for you, but it does not always correctly build the launch directory.  Go to Finder - Go - Applications and look for an application named "coh" (its icon should display a shortcut arrow).  Rename that application as "coh.old" and run Island Rum again.  That should create the correct directory.

If you can reach the CoH loading screen and are stuck at the "Select a Server" button (i.e., clicking it doesn't do anything), open the Terminal program (via Spotlight, i.e. Cmd+Spacebar) and type the following command: sudo ifconfig lo0 down  You'll be prompted to enter your password and it won't echo back (typing the password does not cause any asterisks to display), but it will work.

KibaInuzuka

• Underling
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:05 PM »
I have a Mac
Processor  1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096)

And when I say nothing.. like nothing happens. The app just doesn't open

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »

You have to launch it from Island Rum, not by double-clicking the City of Heroes icon.

I have a Mac
Processor  1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096)

And when I say nothing.. like nothing happens. The app just doesn't open

KibaInuzuka

• Underling
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:15 PM »
Alright, I opened Island Rum
And clicked on the play button for both Paragon Chat and Icon
Nothing happens. Island Rum closes

http://imgur.com/wJxwbzH
That's what it looks like
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:11:13 PM by KibaInuzuka »