Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 334801 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »
Since Manga posted Island Rum, we can't just let Windows users have to manually download files and configure Icon. So here's a new tool that will download all the Issue 24 files, the latest version of Titan Icon, and will automatically update them if needed:

Download: http://patch.savecoh.com/tequila.exe
Source code: https://github.com/leandrotlz/Tequila

Note that this wasn't exactly tested a lot, so please post any bugs you run into. Improvements to the source code are greatly appreciated, if you can follow what it's doing! It shares the same manifest.xml file as Island Rum; in fact, they both pull data from the same place. Tequila just ignores the Mac-specific files.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A MANIFEST ERROR

The huge number of downloads for the Paragon Chat launch have killed the server that contained the manifest file. You will need to manually point Tequila to the new Manifest location if you are getting this error.

- Click Options.
- In the empty line under "Manifests", enter http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml
***** IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN EMPTY LINE UNDER MANIFESTS, your Tequila is out of date. Download a fresh copy from the above link! *****
- Click Add; the new manifest should appear at the bottom. Make sure it's selected by clicking on it.
- Click OK.
- Close Tequila and start it again.

That will point your Tequila install to the latest version.

USAGE

1) Download Tequila in a folder that you have write permissions to. Unless you have disabled UAC (and if you don't know what that means, you haven't) put it on a folder under My Documents or Application Data. It will save you many headaches. Don't use a folder under Program Files unless you know exactly what you're doing.

2) Optional: if this folder already has a COH installation, Tequila will only download the files that need updating, and not the whole game. So, if you have an Issue 24 install, move all the files into the same folder as Tequila (cityofheroes.exe should be in the same folder as Tequila). An Issue 23 install will need updating, but some of the files might still be good, so it doesn't hurt to try.

3) Run Tequila. If you get an error about .NET distributables, download the .NET 3.5 runtime from Microsoft's website and then launch Tequila again.

4) No errors? You should be at a folder selection window. That's where Tequila will download the game files and Icon; by default, it will be whatever you download it to. You can change it here if you want, just make sure the folder you pick is not covered by UAC (and again, if you don't know what that means, any empty folder under My Documents will do).

5) Tequila will download the same file manifest as Island Rum and will start downloading files. You can close it anytime if you want to continue later; you will be downloading several gigabytes, unless you copied an old Issue 24 install.

6) Once Tequila is done, you'll be seeing a screen much like this one:

7) Hit the big "Play" button to launch Icon; the "Screenshots" button will open the Screenshots folder; the Options folder will let you add command line options or re-validate that the downloaded files are good.

8) Tequila will make a shortcut icon in your desktop. Double clicking it will launch Tequila, which will look for updates. If you don't care about keeping Icon updated with Tequila, you can remove that shortcut and just launch icon.exe directly.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:13:40 AM by Aggelakis »

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »
Yay for making Icon easier to use! ^_^

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »
Thank you for making this!     :)

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:35 PM »
Thank you, Leandro, for this feature!
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Omni-Nogard

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »
Yay, able to still make outfits, at least its something fun :) Thanks Leo! You Rock.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:16:53 AM »
Wow, thank you!  User-friendly after-market CoH software.  SCoRE delivers yet again!    :D

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
Nice feature! Thanks,again, for all of the hard work guys! :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
Oh, now this will be really helpful. Awesome! :D

Thank you excellent folks for doing all this! Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »
Thanks for making this Leandro.  Makes running & updating Icon much easier.

Also, a great big thanks to all you coders out there (and you know who you are ;)) for trying to give us our home back.  That means a great deal to me and (I'm sure) to other fellow CoX'ers waiting on the sidelines for our game to live again.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »
Hm... I'm getting some filesize and checksum violations.  Icon seems to run, and there's music (despite some of the problems being reported in the sound files).  Is this something that I should be worrying about, correcting somehow?

Code: [Select]
Download error: piggs/soundV2.pigg
Size mismatch (16777391 vs 30690946)
Checksum Mismatch (ea99201a92026e0637099bf84530e5ce vs 22a51e16f130755c9f3a39f946d145ae)Download error: piggs/stage3b.pigg
Size mismatch (29360303 vs 94288451)
Checksum Mismatch (79153418dccf9487f2d1f70b52a3d694 vs ed859c6e6d30c271ce6ecb0b6f9e0bd0)

Revalidating the files twice fixed it... I guess download errors.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:30:08 AM by jamused »

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 10:32:15 AM »
Yes, turns out the source I compiled that Tequila from is a version that doesn't retry a different URL if the download fails (oops); I'll update the Github repository and the binary later today. Tequila updates itself, so you should just notice that the version in its title bar goes from 1.0.0.10 to 1.0.0.13 at some point, no need to get a fresh copy.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
Cool!

Great stuff, man.

I'm looking forward to future Icon releases, this will help people a lot too.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 07:29:03 PM »
This and Island Rum are incredibly useful and helpful. There are scores of people on facebook who cringe at doing anything remotely technical on the PC or Mac. These installers make it possible for so many more to enjoy Codewalker's work as well as the Popup menu team.

When ever I get a question on FB about Icon and how to install it, a link to this and Island Rum thread is going to be my standard reply.

PS. If server traffic gets to be a problem, we should talk to TonyV. I send him 20 a month for Server cost but I would be willing to go to $25 to help host ICON as well.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »
Neither Island Rum nor Tequila use files hosted at the Titan Network. Rather, the files are mirrored in twenty something Dropbox accounts and a couple of other hosts. Each Dropbox has a limit of 20GB traffic per day, so unless there's 100 people downloading it the same day, it should not have any problems.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »
OH, Okay. Well, if that changes let me know.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »
Wait, so does this thing also download the game if you don't have it?? Because I'm going to be updating my OS soon, and if I don't have to move all those files to and from my external hard drive, that might make my life easier.

Also... Island Rum, Tequila? Looks like we've got some Pinnacle players here. The only server that faceplants before a fight!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »
My Norton doesn't let me use Tequila, it says it isn't safe to be used and deletes it.  :'(
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 05:52:31 AM »
Put it in the whitelist. And/or (mostly and) stop using Norton.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

L2

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »
I cannot do any of my missions. how about a laucnher for COH to work  with not the stupid ncosft servers that is dead
NCASOFT was not able to get the publishing rights sold. the only thing is go around that is to remove the server entry

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »
There is a LOT more to getting CoH to run on a person's computer than just "removing the server entry".
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal