Author Topic: Rebuilt in Everquest Next Landmark  (Read 4494 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Rebuilt in Everquest Next Landmark
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »

Maressa

• Boss
Re: Rebuilt in Everquest Next Landmark
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:33 PM »
Sounds interesting to me but I have a few questions.

I haven't heard much about the game other than you can craft things (building, ect..) is/will there be some form of combat, leveling ect.. in the game?

How many plots of land can one character/account have at a time?

How big is the scale of this project? Was your friends and you able to get enough plots of land close together to be able to combined them?

Are you trying to rebuild a city of heroes like environment with in the game?

Either way, I think it'd be cool to be able to get the community back together in a virtual game environment.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
Sounds interesting to me but I have a few questions.

I haven't heard much about the game other than you can craft things (building, ect..) is/will there be some form of combat, leveling ect.. in the game?

How many plots of land can one character/account have at a time?

How big is the scale of this project? Was your friends and you able to get enough plots of land close together to be able to combined them?

Are you trying to rebuild a city of heroes like environment with in the game?

Either way, I think it'd be cool to be able to get the community back together in a virtual game environment.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions. And I'll be posting more about the project a little later today.

To answer your questions:

Will there be combat, etc: Initially, no. Right now there isn't any combat. There is really only building and harvesting. These are things that will be brought in however. But at what stage of production I couldn't say.

How many plots of land can one person have: At the moment there is a limit to the number of plots a person can have. This is because Alpha testing is small scale. In the future once the game goes live there will be a practical limit to how many plots someone can have. Meaning, while they won't actually limit how many you have there will be only so many you can pay for depending on the amount of time you dedicate to the game. There will be a monthly upkeep fee much like Supergroup bases had in CoH. You will be able to keep as many plots as you are able to pay for every month.

How big is the scale of this project: HUGE. Massively massive. Which is why we need your help. But it can also scale down if there isn't enough interest. Can my friends get enough plots to do the project on our own? No. It really is huge.

Are you trying to rebuild a city of heroes like environment in the game: Yes. In fact my hope is to do a to scale version of the city with every building being usable. How much of the city we can get done will depend on how many people we get to take part in the project. Our dream is to have all of Paragon City (and maybe even the Isles) represented. But this is our dream. If response from the community isn't strong then we will scale the project down. If this is the case then we will vote amongst the builders on what will be included in our mini version of the city.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
So, I promised to give a little bit more information and hopefully explain the inspiration behind this project. I've finally found a few minutes of down time to write this.

First off my inspiration.

I had been watching dev videos of Everquest Next Landmark on Youtube. The first one I saw had a character running and jumping that reminded me a lot of Ninja Run in City of Heroes. I had a moment of "Aww, I miss CoH." But then forgot about it for months. It wasn't until I saw a recent video in which a developer made his character fly that I thought to myself, "OMG we have to remake Paragon City." And so since that moment I have been planning. I've recruited friends, measured some buildings and made sure that this was actually something we could accomplish. When I realized that it was I got so excited I couldn't contain myself.

How it will work:

First we need to measure buildings we want to see built in Landmark. This may end up being the entire city or just a few depending on how much support we get. This will also include statues and interiors of buildings.

After that the measurements will be converted to be compatible with Landmark which uses a different measurement system. This is a very simple conversion that anyone can do.

Once the measurements are complete we have to gather the resources to begin construction. This means actually going into Landmark and mining/logging until our eyes bleed*.

When we have a space to begin construction and the materials to do it then the hard part begins. We will replicate each Paragon City building one at a time until we either run out of space or finish the project. These will all be to the proper scale and have interiors.

Many buildings we construct will have nothing in them. This is because in the original these buildings were not ones you could go inside. To make them less empty and give people private spaces we are going to "rent" them to people.

We will open buildings up to have office spaces, apartments, restaurants, or anything else (within a T for Teen rating) to anyone who wants to use them. These spaces I imagine will be most popular with roleplayers. Anyone who assists in the construction process will be given a small space for free. But as anyone can have one of these spaces we will open them up for a cost. This will help us keep these plots maintained. The cost will vary depending on the size of the structure a person wants to claim and it will be entirely through in game currencies. Be that Wood, Stone, or whatever it is that is required for monthly plot upkeep. Players will be able to build in their part of Paragon City whatever they desire to have. For the most part the outsides of buildings will remain true to City of Heroes with the exception of rooftops, balconies which were already on the buildings, and signs which will be designed and built by the owners themselves, or they can ask one of the Rebuilt construction crew to do it for them. Public areas will not have areas that can be purchased. This includes places like City Hall, Pocket D,  PPD stations, Tram stations, and more. Naturally we cannot stop people from going into your area but we will do everything we can to insure that no one changes anything you've done.

I hope this has helped you understand the project a little bit better. As always I am happy to take questions.

*No bleeding should actually occur.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:49:08 AM »
Hi :)

I signed up for the Beta, I figured if anything. I could help gather resources while I play some console games.

Once I get an invite, I'll let you know and figure out what to do from there.

Take care. :)