Author Topic: Munitions/Soldier AT  (Read 1037 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Munitions/Soldier AT
« on: July 31, 2014, 01:26:10 AM »
Even before I got my gat at 35 I knew I was going to like the Soldier AT.  /pet Shotgun: *purr*.

Looking forward to Retaliation + an ever increasing Crit Severity and Crit Chance rating + Sniper shot too..

I die a lot but who cares. I rip stuff up a lot too. Very fun AT. Looking forward to Heroic gear (already have the Silver Champs) and better toys.

I want to make a FF version of course but am almost sure the next FF guy I make is going to be Electricity for that nice burst dmg, Even with my gat I'll fire off Hi Pan's scepter every once in awhile just to pretend.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Munitions/Soldier AT
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:26:03 AM »
Even before I got my gat at 35 I knew I was going to like the Soldier AT.  /pet Shotgun: *purr*.

Looking forward to Retaliation + an ever increasing Crit Severity and Crit Chance rating + Sniper shot too..

I die a lot but who cares. I rip stuff up a lot too. Very fun AT. Looking forward to Heroic gear (already have the Silver Champs) and better toys.

I want to make a FF version of course but am almost sure the next FF guy I make is going to be Electricity for that nice burst dmg, Even with my gat I'll fire off Hi Pan's scepter every once in awhile just to pretend.

You'll be surprised how much damage two gun does.....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 04:06:42 AM »
Gatling Gun really shines with high crit chance/severity. After pulling agro with it I usually just grit my teeth and go toe to toe with whatever comes unless it's an Alert boss or something like this.

I don't get 2-Gun with the Soldier but a lot of people use it and it looks cool too.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
So I got Sniper Rifle and I have to say that out of every power choice that The Soldier has, this was my first dud.

I've gotten some 15kish crits out of it in Alurts (I can't remember if that was After I retconned in Tungsten Rounds..) which is respectable but it took me a long charge time to do it + an Active Offense + a maxxed Retalliation.+ a Critical + pretty decent crit & crit Severity gear (+ ofc, Spec Tree choices for max Severity_.).

I could do all that... Or.. I could pull out my gat, pop Lock & Load, get similar results and be able to max out pretty much everything but my Energy Builder and Smoke Grenade.

This powerset reminds me of The Unleashed in that it has very little fat. Every power is useful and used in nearly every fight, I guess Unleashed's Sniper Rifle would be Force Snap which can have some very limited use but doesn't even have NttG.

>>

You can't talk about Sniper Rifle without mentioning that 120' range.. Which is something I didn't really consider until seeing Gravi is back.. This power requires further testing...  : )

>>

Sooooo yeah.. Sniper Rifle rocks. No, I haven't tried it on Gravitar yet. Yes, I took out Tungsten Rounds. Still a situational power but very useful in those situations  : )

Soldier AT - 2 thumbs way up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:00:04 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: