Author Topic: Firefly Online  (Read 1403 times)

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
Firefly Online
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:00:20 PM »
Seems interesting... They at least have the original actors doing some of the voice work.

https://keepflying.com/

Site is a bit clunky and hard to navigate - it's basically just a blog as far as I can see. Lets hope it fairs better than Otherland did...

-H

Edit: It's being released on mobile platforms as well as PC... Expectations dropping...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:05:56 PM by The_Laughing_Man »

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Firefly Online
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »
Ooh, Andrea Romero.  Very nice.  And Michael Dorn, and most of the cast too.  (Dunno what's up with Gina and Jewel, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it...?)

I dunno.  Spring 2015.  Not all that long a wait.  And that it's being multiplatform using Unity doesn't mean it'll be auto-bad.  Could be that the PC Master Race will simply outperform because of twitch factor, which is fine with me.  I don't mind being called a 'bot', and then tellin' the consoled ones "PC.  Win."

:D

Assuming there's a PvP factor of some sort anyway...

I withold any judgement until I put my dirty steenking pause on the thing, in any event, and would in fact probably play it just to hear/watch the original cast characters do their thing.

Yep.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:39:48 PM »
(Dunno what's up with Gina and Jewel, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it...?)
Jewel Staite?  She was just in the studio a couple of days ago recording her dialogue.  They reportedly had to teach her to say "monkey balls" in Mandarin.

As far as I know, Gina Torres hasn't been in the recording booth yet, but that's because they haven't found a time that works with her schedule yet.  I haven't seen any indications that she isn't supposed to be in to record at some point.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
I was going off the list of them in one of the faqs, and those two weren't listed.  Great to hear she's on board!  Hopefully Gina will get hers in too. 

Awesome to hear!