Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1744074 times)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5600 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:37 AM »
Indeed, I did what you did all the time, bought and sold, reward merits, AE tickets, etc. to get what I needed. Plus after studying some of my L50 builds in MIDS and setting mids to show IO's at L49 instead of 50 and checking the minor changes in states like defense and recovery, I then equipped all future characters with L49 IO vs L50 since they were only half the inf needed.

I usually made my level 50 builds based around level 35-38 in case I exemped down

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5601 on: April 25, 2015, 04:04:08 AM »
Is it bad that, the most entertaining thing in life at the moment is cyanide and happiness shorts and web comics while waiting for CoH to return?

Well that's not surprising, CaH is only one letter off...

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #5602 on: April 25, 2015, 04:15:25 AM »
Indeed, I did what you did all the time, bought and sold, reward merits, AE tickets, etc. to get what I needed. Plus after studying some of my L50 builds in MIDS and setting mids to show IO's at L49 instead of 50 and checking the minor changes in states like defense and recovery, I then equipped all future characters with L49 IO vs L50 since they were only half the inf needed.

I always went for 35's. Great for exemping and more of a challenge because of the lack of supply. They actually often cost more if any where available. Luckily merits! Alignment missions! Converters! Super packs! Archetype IO's! AE!

That really was all there was to it. I'll admit that I was a marketeer, not in the big boy's or girl's league, but i had about 22 billion to keep my alts fed and happy. Once I had that I just bought and sold to keep it all topped off. Sometimes I would just give it to my buddies who weren't interested in working the market.

Arcana is right about the base thing. I spent billions on that because i liked to build bases and doing the Exploration badges.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5603 on: April 25, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »
I usually made my level 50 builds based around level 35-38 in case I exemped down

I used the second build form for my characters to make an L35 IO build for exemping.

Fun times :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #5604 on: April 29, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »
It disturbs me to see this thread fall behind. . .

Speak up folks, I demand it!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #5605 on: April 29, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
It disturbs me to see this thread fall behind. . .

Speak up folks, I demand it!

Uhh....what....what am I supposed to talk about!?
QUICK RANDOM OFF TOPIC SUPERHERO STUFF!
WONDERFUL ONE OH ONE!

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5606 on: April 29, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »
Uhh....what....what am I supposed to talk about!?
QUICK RANDOM OFF TOPIC SUPERHERO STUFF!
WONDERFUL ONE OH ONE!

bacon

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #5607 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
Bacon Ice Cream!!!

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #5608 on: April 29, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »
Bacon Ice Cream!!!

Bacon Icecream supermax supreme sundae!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5609 on: April 29, 2015, 11:56:31 PM »
Come now. The topic on everyone's mind, other than CoH, should be The Avengers: Age of Ultron. playing in two days. At a theater near you.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

BloodRaevynn

• Underling
« Reply #5611 on: April 30, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »
Bacon Icecream supermax supreme sundae!

There's an ice cream shoppe in Seattle near Pike Place Market that has maple bacon whiskey ice cream.  You can also get it as a milk shake.  It's amazingly good.  The best cookies I ever had had bacon in them too.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #5612 on: April 30, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »
Never did understand the reasoning for disabling level 50 IO effects when exemping down.
Why should I be gimped just because I'm helping someone out?

Hopefully none of the successor projects do something this unreasonable.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5613 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:38 AM »
Never did understand the reasoning for disabling level 50 IO effects when exemping down.
Why should I be gimped just because I'm helping someone out?

Hopefully none of the successor projects do something this unreasonable.

That's not how that works.  The way it works is: if they are going to be disabled in lower level content, higher level benefits can be stronger.  If they won't, they can't.  By not having to worry about whether they will cause balancing problems in lower level content, the devs were able to provide much stronger higher level enhancements.

The one thing I think I can be reasonably certain about after all this time, its that all of the various successor projects now have first-hand knowledge of what the limiting factor is in game development.  Its not technology, its not game balance, and its not making players happy.  Its getting a room full of developers to agree on something.  This is not a non-sequitor.  A lot of players will read the first paragraph and think its bunk.  I think most game developers will realize the first paragraph and the second one are actually saying the same thing in two different ways not obvious to non-developers.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #5614 on: April 30, 2015, 05:07:41 AM »
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #5615 on: April 30, 2015, 06:21:54 AM »
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #5616 on: April 30, 2015, 07:05:10 AM »
Interesting bit of news I wonder if this would be possible with CoH!

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/29/everquest-emulator-group-gets-a-written-agreement-with-daybreak/

SammiK31

• Minion
« Reply #5617 on: April 30, 2015, 11:13:57 AM »
Come now. The topic on everyone's mind, other than CoH, should be The Avengers: Age of Ultron. playing in two days. At a theater near you.

Actually the topic on my mind is Batman vs Superman!!!
Also, what do people think of Suicide Squads Joker?
Keen, or not Keen?

Surelle

« Reply #5618 on: April 30, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Interesting bit of news I wonder if this would be possible with CoH!

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/29/everquest-emulator-group-gets-a-written-agreement-with-daybreak/

I saw that too-- and after all the missteps Daybreak has taken since SOE's split from Sony, it is a welcome sight to be sure.

Turbine is doing something similar for its former Asheron's Call franchise.  All three companies do own their IPs, so that makes it humanely possible for each.  It's just that NCSoft is by far the least human of the three.   :P

Turbine seems to care about their players the most.  Smedley has always had at least a tiny bit of compassion for SOE's player base.  NCSoft hasn't ever really seemed to share that type of sentiment at all, and that's the main problem there. 

There were rumors that ArenaNet had a clause in their Guild Wars contracts saying NCSoft could never shut down one of their games.  Clearly, something went on as GW1 only got put into maintenance mode instead of shuttered last year.   But outside of that, I  think we're screwed.  They've never budged on Infinite Rasa, or given out the rights to Auto Assault, CoX, or any of their other shuttered IPs.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #5619 on: April 30, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
Actually the topic on my mind is Batman vs Superman!!!
Also, what do people think of Suicide Squads Joker?
Keen, or not Keen?

Yes, Batman vs. Superman is the one on my mind...

Suicide Squad Joker could be really good. I like the guy playing him--he's been fantastic in other movies (definite acting talent there), and I'm all for presenting another "version" of the Joker. They (DC) fail if they try to recreate Jack Nicholson's or Heath Ledger's Joker.
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer