Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1746647 times)

darkgob

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5820 on: July 11, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
Oh yeah, i've gotten some querulous/threatening PMs from him for making fairly whimsical jokes.

YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5821 on: July 11, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
Or if he sees a comment he does not like he sends them a message threatening to kick them out of the group. One such encountered when he said "If the buyers do not say something he will." I remember this because I made a comment saying it was not his place to say something like that. Similarly I had a few friends that said the same thing. Robert I think is just full of himself thinking he has any kind of power because he runs a Facebook page. I like the other groups I am in. I respect those admins, they try to keep everything even and not really biased, whereas Robert I have no respect for.

EDIT: No Comment.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:06:13 PM by duane »

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #5822 on: July 11, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

I left the minute I saw one of his "all of us or none of us" posts.  I don't care if he's delusional or somebody had him playing on a full working secret I24 server, that "all of us or none of us" concept (promoted only after he was no longer one of the "privileged"?!??) was so unequivocally repulsive that I can not imagine ever wanting any knowledge of anybody promoting it, let alone associating with them.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5823 on: July 11, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Hearty LOLs. I might still have my Sim City 2000 disks somewhere...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5824 on: July 11, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »
I left the minute I saw one of his "all of us or none of us" posts.  I don't care if he's delusional or somebody had him playing on a full working secret I24 server, that "all of us or none of us" concept (promoted only after he was no longer one of the "privileged"?!??) was so unequivocally repulsive that I can not imagine ever wanting any knowledge of anybody promoting it, let alone associating with them.

A part of me is glad I missed all that drama, because I lack the self control to not hand open containers of gasoline to clumsy pyromaniacs.

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #5825 on: July 11, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »
A part of me is glad I missed all that drama, because I lack the self control to not hand open containers of gasoline to clumsy pyromaniacs.

You too?
Missing Worlds Media - Lead Pain in the .. well everything.

wiwhalo56

• Underling
  • Halo Healer is my first 50. Icey Willow is my main
« Reply #5826 on: July 22, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
Thank You One and All!

Hells Wing

• Underling
« Reply #5827 on: July 22, 2015, 11:57:46 PM »

Hells Wing

• Underling
« Reply #5828 on: July 23, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »
Yeah, but they didn't take Unity off the shelves, did they? They have the PC version of Arkham Knight... Now that's bad...

I think the only reason they did it was because Steam now give refunds and where Ubisoft could basically sit there, listen to your complaints and go "Ha, well, we have your money now so we might do something later." and give you the middle finger, WB has found the money they were sitting on slowly disappearing down the refund hole so they've tried to patch it by saying we're important to them and that they are doing the honorable thing by taking it off steam until it's properly fixed.

Also, hi FlyingFatMan. I remember you being on the CoH forums! Though most likely never bumped into each other :p Nice to see you, especially as I now know the reference of your username as I've now seen Dune.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #5829 on: August 13, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »
I was wondering if like myself people have been thinking if there will be an update or post from Downix on the 1st September, a year after the first announcemnet of the attempt to purchase CoH.

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since the first announcement from Downix, how time flies, but the company on the forums has been good, the addition of PC has been amazing, so thank you to the folks who brought us this memorable addition to the exiled CoH community and the continued Titan forums.  ;)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5830 on: August 13, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »
I was wondering if like myself people have been thinking if there will be an update or post from Downix on the 1st September, a year after the first announcemnet of the attempt to purchase CoH.

I can't believe it's been nearly a year since the first announcement from Downix, how time flies, but the company on the forums has been good, the addition of PC has been amazing, so thank you to the folks who brought us this memorable addition to the exiled CoH community and the continued Titan forums.  ;)
Sadly, I doubt it :(

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #5831 on: August 13, 2015, 05:27:20 PM »
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #5832 on: August 13, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »
It's unlikely that news on the deal will coincide with any anniversary, or date.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5833 on: August 13, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »
It's unlikely that news on the deal will coincide with any anniversary, or date.

I have decided I will commemorate the date by sending starfish all over the earth and attaching them to people's faces.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #5834 on: August 13, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
Stay away from the hardware stores, they have lime (Deadly to starfish).

For that matter stay away from the Pacific North West, we have that dissolving starfish wasting disease thing going on here.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5835 on: August 13, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Stay away from the hardware stores, they have lime (Deadly to starfish).

For that matter stay away from the Pacific North West, we have that dissolving starfish wasting disease thing going on here.

I will be safely in outer space... maybe orbiting....

...or maybe on summer vacation on the beach with a drink

....world domination is just so hard....  I don't even have a skeleton.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:42:21 PM by duane »

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #5836 on: August 13, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »
Fortunately for my face, I'm in the pacific northwest. I recommend a nice vacation on a mountain.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

BloodRaevynn

• Underling
« Reply #5837 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »
What I want to know is...how does this get out the door? I would have thought that a company that large would have a halfway decent QC department...

As someone who has worked in that field, I would feel completely safe betting all of my money that most, if not all, of the major bugs were found and reported by QA, and then promptly resolved as "Won't Fix" by the developers, followed immediately by the deafening sounds of tearing hair and gnashing teeth from the QA department.  After which almost everyone in QA was sacked - not because of their flabbergasted complaints, but because almost everyone in QA is contract and are let go as a matter of policy about a month before the game is released.

Never blame QA; they have next no power over decisions and can potentially be fired for voicing anything that resembles an opinion.  They aren't even allowed to use the word "should" in a bug because it implies that they know how the game is supposed to work, because as far as the Devs are concerned QA is nothing but a group of monkeys with minimal training to pick bugs and they are treated as such.  They can't really fight back if a dev decides that a bug isn't worth fixing.     

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #5838 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:07 AM »
Fortunately for my face, I'm in the pacific northwest. I recommend a nice vacation on a mountain.

Me too, I'm on Orcas Island!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #5839 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:06 AM »
I live just north of Olympia.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"