Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1743458 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5140 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
I'm totally rooting for failure for the FF movie Fox is making.   Would love to see Marvel get those rights back.   Although I guess "rooting for failure" is the same as "rooting for Fox to make a FF movie".   :D     I will never ever ever forgive them for what they did to the Silver Surfer and Galactus. ...and to a lesser degree, Dr Doom.

Technically speaking, Marvel did it to Galactus first - in the Ultimate Galactus series by Warren Ellis.  I'm pretty certain Fox pulled from that story line and did not invent the "purple cloud" idea on their own.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5141 on: February 27, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
I thought they'd decided AOA would be the last x-movie before another reboot. i know jackman is out after that one and the next wolverine.

Then again: http://www.laineygossip.com/Hugh-Jackman-wants-to-play-Wolverine-until-he-dies-because-of-Birdman/37755

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5142 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:30 PM »

I'm totally rooting for failure for the FF movie Fox is making.   Would love to see Marvel get those rights back.

Because the other ones went SOOOOOOOO WELL! >_>

You're going to be pleased, my friend.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5143 on: February 27, 2015, 09:15:50 PM »
They've revealed the F4's costumes for the new movie.  They're... featureless black (or maybe dark blue) jumpsuits.

Exciting and iconic.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5144 on: February 27, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
They've revealed the F4's costumes for the new movie.  They're... featureless black (or maybe dark blue) jumpsuits.

Exciting and iconic.

Hm, I can honestly say I have no confidence in their ability to get an FF movie right.

Also,  R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy  :( 
 Star Trek has lost an icon.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5145 on: February 27, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
Hm, I can honestly say I have no confidence in their ability to get an FF movie right.

Also,  R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy  :( 
 Star Trek has lost an icon.
I liked the first two...
P.S. KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

Brigadine

• Elite Boss

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5147 on: February 28, 2015, 03:33:06 AM »
I didn't see Rise of the Silver Surfer, but I think the F4 film had its heart in the right place, even if it didn't always work.  Also, Michael Chiklis was perfect as the Thing, both before and after the transformation.  That's another reason I hate the casting for this reboot. I know Jamie Bell is nearly 30, but every image of him on the set makes him look like a petulant 14-year-old.   Unless they're going to have him touch his magic rings together to transform, he should be built like a football player, even before becoming the Thing, not a skinny twerp.

That said, I didn't like the previous F4's version of Dr. Doom, either... but I liked him more than what I've heard of the reboot's Dr. Doom - Victor Domashev the EVIL BLOGGER!  OH NOES!  He'll post funny cat gifs on Tumblr and Facebook and use them to take over the world!

Amusingly, "Doom" is already taken as a screen name on most blogging and social media sites I can find, and none of them are about Victor Von Doom.  The Twitter and Facebook pages are about the video game Doom, the rest are just random pages by random people that aren't in any way connected.  Anyone who tried to become menacing and scary on the Internet by calling himself "Doom" would instead be laughed off the Internet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:43:54 AM by Thunder Glove »

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #5148 on: February 28, 2015, 09:08:36 PM »
There were a few elements of the FF movies that worked OK within the context they set-up for the movies, but I never felt like this was the FF I could love.  Just tolerate.  I am still waiting for them to get it right, and the signs are not looking good so far that this upcoming effort will be any less of a mess.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5149 on: February 28, 2015, 11:16:19 PM »
There were a few elements of the FF movies that worked OK within the context they set-up for the movies, but I never felt like this was the FF I could love.  Just tolerate.  I am still waiting for them to get it right, and the signs are not looking good so far that this upcoming effort will be any less of a mess.

I wish they'd give FF the first class treatment - 60s era FF as first superheroes, public identities, etc. would be fun.

Sermon

• Minion
« Reply #5150 on: March 02, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
I saw this today, for anyone who was interested in trying it out:

http://www.pcgamer.com/unreal-engine-4-is-now-free/

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5151 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
Sweet, this is something I've been waiting for, for multiple reasons.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5152 on: March 04, 2015, 06:25:36 AM »
looks like as time goes by, peoples hope and anticipation seems to be flagging. hope things go well and start to happen.

Darkfaith

• Minion
« Reply #5153 on: March 04, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »
looks like as time goes by, peoples hope and anticipation seems to be flagging. hope things go well and start to happen.

I don't think it's necessarily that hope and anticipation is flagging. Not for everyone, at least. I'm still just as hopeful as I was back when this started, I'm just....quiet. Some people may have decided to get on with other things and check back occasionally. Doesn't mean they hope any less, just that they're keeping themselves busy.

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #5154 on: March 04, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »

I think we are just waiting for the next news installment (to pick us up).... I get asked all the time on other mmos I frequent by players I've told (about the possible return of CoX) if there is any new word and I just point them all here.

Remember -

"Patience is a City of Heroes/Villains server"

;)
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #5155 on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:08 AM »
I don't think it's necessarily that hope and anticipation is flagging. Not for everyone, at least. I'm still just as hopeful as I was back when this started, I'm just....quiet. Some people may have decided to get on with other things and check back occasionally. Doesn't mean they hope any less, just that they're keeping themselves busy.

This... I still check in daily and have as much hope now as I did when the announcement came. I'm just working on getting a second job. While playing about 5-6 different games across 4 different platforms. LOL!

Surelle

« Reply #5156 on: March 04, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »

Actually, I have more hope than I've had for two years since the shutdown, because now we have *some* chance of getting CoX rezzed.  (Not to mention, and perhaps even more importantly, we have a chance via Atlas Park Revival to not only get a more permanent version of CoX in Unreal 4, but to actually get content and patches added to it over time.)

Hey, I'm not saying it's a *big* chance, mind you, but before this we really had a lot closer to no chance whatsoever.  And I suspect NCSoft realizes by now that fans are just not going to give up, so if they don't hammer a deal out now, we will just go at them with another one down the line.  Moreover, with Wildstar's failure, Nexon's looming takeover bid and the general lack of caring about NCSoft by the MMO player base these days, they could really use a positive PR shot in the arm.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #5157 on: March 04, 2015, 04:49:40 PM »
The problem is that 'no news is good news' has been the mantra for too long now, such that to me it's a crock of unfettered male cow's unused food that has been deposited in a field, to be forgotten unless stepped in, to have the foragers of that type of material to gather what they can, and then the rest left to slowly erode away as if it had never been there.

"Was that over the top?  I can never tell..." - Joker, Batman Forever.

EVEN IF there is no news, Nate should at least participate here and there to ensure that YES, things are still in order, there's still light for this current development, that it is NOT YET EXPIRED.

Waning interest is NOT GOOD for the effort.  There should be some interest, and not a couple of dang rambling threads that aren't anything to do with the original reason for their being there.

It's *cute*, sure... but it's just so unhelpful to those who WANT TO KNOW.

I'm sorry.  the 'flagging interest' angle got to me, and woke me up to the reality.  This site is getting less posts simply because of what I said just now, though, I'm sure of it.

Used to be there were 3-4 new pages of posts to go through.  Now there's less than one.  No wonder Tony's wondering what to do with the site now.

Nate, or whomever, NDA or not, you should probably at least stir the tanks a little.

/soapbox.
//profuse apologies for irrirtating, but hadda say it.
///C'mon NCSoft, sell it. Pretty please, with sugar and whip cream on top.  Or whatever you desire for toppings, really, if it's some sort of sweet korean BBQ or tangy mustard, I'm not partial to any particular one, whatever you want, I'll get it, just SELL already.  *curls up in a fetal position and softy whimpers*

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5158 on: March 04, 2015, 05:24:02 PM »
No wonder Tony's wondering what to do with the site now.

Eh? What do you mean by that?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5159 on: March 04, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.