Author Topic: SG Base Model  (Read 5337 times)

Lupur

• Minion
SG Base Model
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
After the big reveal ( potential buy announcement ) I have completely lost interest in any of the games I've been playing.

One of my friends who I've been complaining to, suggested that I do something creative after me bragging about the super efficiency of my SG Base ( Vigilante Basement - Justice ).

He led me to a little program called Sketchup, which seems pretty damn cool.

All I'm doing is drawing lines and circles, but I'm sure it can be used for much more than that >.<

The reason I say my SG was super efficient, was that it was build on the 2nd smallest plot ( 8 x 12 ), had 8 Salvage Bins, 2 Crafting Stations and 3 Big Teleporters which left about 3 Zone Beacons that were not connected ( they were on the wall next to the back Teleporter so I could quickly switch them as needed :P )

This is my progress so far:

The whole base:
Spoiler for Hidden:

The Entry:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Currently working on the Oversight Centre.

Need to figure out stairs, a bridge across the doorway, a recipe storage bin, book cases, a bar, more chairs, tables, meeting rooms, banners and probably more stuff I've forgotten.

This is actually more fun than I actually thought possible :D

Spoiler for Hidden:

Progress :

Edit: Update
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:09:33 AM by Lupur »
Carpe Diem!                  .
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: SG Base Model
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »
Cool!

My bases were no where near as compact or efficient.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
Very nice  :)

I wish I had taken screen shots of our base before shutdown.  I've been pondering trying to make ours with Sweet Home 3D- actually I've thought about making the base that our group would have had if we would have had a full range of room types and styles (and lots more items).  We always dreamed of having a full kitchen to go with the well stocked wet bar we had set up.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Lupur

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
/snip

I was actually so tight on Energy and Control ( I seem to recall about 5 of one and 3 of the other left ), that I didn't include a fridge in the bar area, as a little in joke with the guy who first showed me how to build bases :P

/snip

Hehe, I'm working totally from memory due to HDD dying 2 weeks after the world did :(

So, obviously I noticed a mistake in room placement 5 min after I posted up the pics :/

Control room needs to be 1 space up so that the Doorway is in the top right hand corner of the Oversight Centre, allowing for a 2 square meeting room along the wall :p

Meh, I'll put up some more pics when I get home. Gotta try and find a pic of the Arcane Control unit that like 3 pillars and some glowy balls around it. then gotta figure out how to make balls :D

Cabinets and Sunken Chairs for everyone :D
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

Lupur

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
Ok, fair bit of progress in one night. I've even added in the roof for these shots just to give a sense of space :)

The blue walls / roof are basically 'one-way glass' by making them transparent on one side and a different texture on the other ( probably should have mentioned this is the first post :P ).

This is what the layout of the base currently looks like. I'm pretty sure that this is right, but I was wrong last time >.<

Spoiler for Hidden:

This is what the entrance looks like with the roof:

Spoiler for Hidden:

This is the entrance to the Oversight Centre:

Spoiler for Hidden:

The banners should have a giant paw print in the middle, but I'm not quite up to curvy lines yet >.< )

These are pictures from upstairs:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Between the Banners and the meeting room is meant to be a reading room.

Stairs and the bridge over the doorway.

View of where the bar is meant to go in the corner

So far so good, still so much to do just in this room alone >.<

Awsome thing though is being able to just make individual components ( eg stairs, bridge, platforms ) and save them to be able to import as many as I want later. This is SUPER important, especially for the teleporter room :P

Again, if anyone has a pic of the Big Arcane control unit that is pillars + glowy orbs, or pics of the Big Arcane Teleporters, it would be appreciated muchly.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, and as far as I recall my base was the only one I saw that went with Arcane over Tech :(
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 02:48:50 AM »
Again, if anyone has a pic of the Big Arcane control unit that is pillars + glowy orbs, or pics of the Big Arcane Teleporters, it would be appreciated muchly.

You mean the Orbits of Control and the Raid Teleportal?

Spoiler for Hidden:

Lupur

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »
Haha, well don't i feel quite silly :P

I spent a lot of time googling images and watching videos, it never occurred to me to check the wiki >.<

Thanks yee muchly o7

err.. also I don't think I'm quite up to the spiral details just yet >.>
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

Lupur

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
Huzzah, moar progress!!

This is what the Oversight Centre looks like currently.

Just needs the reading area, table and chairs for meeting room, enhancement storage upstairs and a couple of tabes & chairs for the bar area.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Fresh photos of the entrance, 'cause I think the 'feel' of the room is coming together :)

Spoiler for Hidden:

Oh, it's the bar :D

View form upstairs.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Getting thirsty yet ?

Photos from behind the bar.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Aaand photos from upstairs looking out towards the platform, and down the stairs.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
I am ridiculously impressed by this. Not only by the base itself, but by the fact that you're quite accurately recreating base components in SketchUp.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame