Author Topic: Automaton  (Read 1844 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Automaton
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »
Woot.

Got my Automaton to 40. It's the first AT I ever took to 40. It was a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but in the end I enjoyed it. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Automaton
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
Grats & what do you think of Frenzy?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »
It seemed all right.

I maxed out Aspect of the Machine, and by the time I hit 40 I was able to crit for 10,000-12,000 points with Chest Beam.

It was really my first offensive passive toon, and I can see the appeal, but there were a few times all that dps got me in trouble on alerts. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 04:02:37 AM »
Would you take it over Concentration? I start to not like Concentration so much and sometimes there's not very good alternatives either. What do you do when there's nothing but a long boss mob fight going on? Like Gravi?

Leveling AT's can be fun and educational. Can put more time into leveling than putting a build together and can learn something from someone else's way of making a build and compare their results to how you've been doing your builds. Plus, with an AT I have much less chance to want to change my name or costume due to completely changing my build 50 times before my FF's 40.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:19:45 PM »
Longest boss fight I was in with him on was against Mechanon, and I would have died in that if I had not had people buffing me. I would say that for team content I would go with Concentration 'cause even with the high DPS I could put out I wasn't doing it as fast as other folks.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:03:05 AM »
Was just curious how that worked out, getting stacks of Frenzy on defeats. Seems like most times those stacks would add up fast. But then like with Cybermind, what can you do to get stacks?

I think 8 stacks of Concentration are pretty similar to 5 stacks of Frenzy, Frenzy being a little less. But like with Deeps, I often never get 8 stacks of Concentration even with r3. Seems like most times Frenzy stacks would be easy to get.

What is it's duration? Concentration has too short of a duration. Not like Enrage which lasts forever in comparison.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
You really can't get them unless you kill something, so you'll be leaning on Targeting Computer for that.
Spess

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »
Did the Automaton AT actually get any more than 1 or 2 new powers? because when I launched up the game ( thx PW for shutting down the main website btw...) It was mostly PT stuff with barely a handful of stuff I never saw.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »
You really can't get them unless you kill something, so you'll be leaning on Targeting Computer for that.

How does Targeting Computer make up for lack of targets to gain Frenzy stacks with such as when fighting Gravi or Cybermind?
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen the reason to level an Automaton is.. to get Aspect of the Macheen.

Or if the build looks cool to you.

What else do we have for Ranged besides Concentration? Aspect of the Infernal if you're lucky enough to be Toxic. Then what? Manipulator? Compassion?

I have 2 builds right now that rarely fire off any stacks of Concentration at all unless the fight is long, which they generally aren't. Even fighting Alert bosses I'm just getting Concentration warmed up and the Alurt is over : /.

Whereas Aotm probably lights up like a pinball machine in most cases and in cases like Gravi, I would R3 like Kaos and nail a mailbox or lamppost every so often.

Cybermind and Vikorin are the only other 2 places I can think of that the last 2 stacks of AotM would be hard to come by.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 02:12:04 AM »
So I had an itch tonight to bust out my Automaton again to see if he could solo one of the Undead Heroes.

I chose Vigil because he's actually a fairly easy mark.

I think I could have done it--eventually-- but it would probably have taken another half hour longer than it ultimately did take because an archer showed up and helped me out a bit.
Even with him there, I did wind up with the aggro the entire fight.

Here's where Blue Battlebot wound up in terms of his stat without any special gear other than a few purple drops. (Did not want to waste gear on him because I wasn't sure I'd play him again.)

Con: 219
Ego: 136
Recovery: 221

Offense: 104.8
Crit chance: 12.9
Critical Severity: 100.2.

I've pondered retraining him into freeform or putting some Legion gear on him.

He's my first toon with an offensive passive.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
I've been playing an Offense Passive ever since Deeps's build started coming together. He's had a few. I switched him to Invul for Mechanon to see how that would go and that made me want to make a tank version but then I went right back to Deeps.

The way I play Deeps I can never get stacks of Concentration and if I do manage it I can never maintain them and if I concentrate on Concentration so that I get 8 stacks and maintain them then it completely changes my playstyle with him and in ways I don't like.

I start to notice this more often lately and it bugs me and I wonder 'if I had AotM to swap out to for 99% of the content I play...'.

Don't like that I have to level a toon to get it but oh well.

About your build, it could be fun to play with that much Recovery but that low of an Ego (less ranged damage bonus, less AotM damage bonus) and that low of a Crit chance would nag at me.

Your secondary SS's are pretty high so I thought you were pumping up your crit chance with Ego tree/Sixth sense but .. 12%?

Your offense is OK but isn't helping to pick up the slack from Ego loss.

Con is at a decent all-purpose level  : )

Your severity is nice.

Would be my critique,

As far as Legion Gear goes... If you like him that much it might not be a bad idea to make a FF version and give the FF version the good toys & gear. If you're not done testing the Automaton out yet and plan on playing him more as-is then may as well gear him up if you have the G's laying around.

So far, I've geared my AT's up to Heroic level *shrug*

Some Faves: