Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79345 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2014, 05:35:15 AM »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »
Ran up a building and across water.  Now he just needs to vibrate through something.  Also: More Grodd!

I will probably get the raspberry for it, but I would of preferred if they hadn't done the "run up the wall" bit.

Over water, yes.  No problems with that.  Running up the side of a building is just flat out impossible using

just speed.  Without gravity (or really sticky shoes), the first time he took a step he would no longer be in

contact with the side of the building and fall.  Yes, I know the comic book Barry Allen could do it [although

Wally as the Flash couldn't], but the comic books even state the Barry Allen wasn't really human anymore;

that he was basically condensed lightning and didn't have to obey any of the laws of physics.

Personally, I would of preferred if they had gone the route of him running up 20 flights of stairs in the blink of

an eye instead.

On the other hand ...  GRODD !

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
Personally, I would of preferred if they had gone the route of him running up 20 flights of stairs in the blink of
an eye instead.

Yes, but that's not cool... plus, he did that to show off to Felicity already, so that's booooooriiiing now :P
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 12:07:06 AM »
Practitioners of parkour run short distances up walls all the time.  Surely they would be able to make further trips with a few hundred times the acceleration.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:29 AM »
Physics here! http://www.wired.com/2012/07/can-you-run-up-a-wall/

Turns out you need the force of your foot pushing off the wall to create friction to prevent your feet slipping down. Most people can get only a few steps up a wall, but I'd be willing to bet that the Flash could get as many as he wanted because he can move his feet fast enough back to the wall to create the friction needed to move him up the wall.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 08:02:08 AM »
Best joke of the episode was Catlin saying "What were you thinking?" to Cisco while holding a boomerang as they were testing Bette's ability of turning objects into bombs and tossing them.  This was going on in the background as Barry was talking to Bette.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
I liked that, but I was more amused by the comment about another freak cutting loose in Central City - must be Tuesday.  Is that what they call 'hanging a lampshade'?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »
Best joke of the episode was Catlin saying "What were you thinking?" to Cisco while holding a boomerang as they were testing Bette's ability of turning objects into bombs and tossing them.  This was going on in the background as Barry was talking to Bette.

... What if Captain Boomerang is just a giant joke making fun of Batman's sharp, pointy, and in real life probably potentially lethal Batarangs?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »

Safety note #37, kiddies: When choosing things to turn into bombs, you do NOT choose something which, when thrown, RETURNS TO YOU!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
Maybe it wasn't a returning boomerang?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
Poor Captain Throwing Stick always gets forgotten... :(

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Nice episode, but the end was the best part 8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »
So, now he's up above the speed of sound.  If this pace keeps going there won't be any windows left in Central City and there won't be anyone who can oppose him when he moves at the speed of light. :) He better learn to vibrate his whole body so he can phase.

That said, the punch was awesome!

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Lots of name dropping too. Hopefully not all the people listed were actually deceased.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2014, 04:44:57 AM »
"Intake 52"

Didn't much care for last week's episode though, aside from the supersonic punch.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2014, 03:22:09 AM »
Thought they did the first of the Arrow-Flash crossovers pretty well. :D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2014, 05:55:58 AM »
I liked the logo for it, with the Arrow's ...er, arrow through the Flash's name, instead of the lightning streak.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »
I liked the logo for it, with the Arrow's ...er, arrow through the Flash's name, instead of the lightning streak.

http://gfycat.com/FloweryAffectionateBluemorphobutterfly
http://imgur.com/L4VT3k9

Courtesy of Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/FlashTV/comments/2o5eet/that_crossover_title_card_tho/).

Apparently the last Arrow episode with Cupid had a special title card with his arrow replaced with her heart shaped one.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2014, 01:39:02 AM »
Apparently the last Arrow episode with Cupid had a special title card with his arrow replaced with her heart shaped one.
Yup.  That made me laugh.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »
Just for the record, I fracking love Captain Boomerang!
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.