Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79315 times)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »
Apparently Wells didn't know exactly how time travel would work and either A. planned on taking Barry's place as Flash in this timeline or B. being Flash in the future. His real motives don't make a lot of sense no matter what they are really, but that's the comics for ya.
Also, it seems that in this series to travel in time is to physically travel there with your body intact. In that case (and most if you think about it in fiction) you can be in two places at the same time at different ages. Now the question is, why didn't Barry stick around and stop Wells back then or help himself out later on? Maybe Barry is much more responsible with the timeline than Wells is due to circumstances his choices make when time travelling (like this episode).
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2015, 07:36:57 PM »
I get the impression that Wells might not have understood the full consequences of time travel when he first went back, hence his adamant desire to keep things on the same course. There's also some wonky things going on with time travel. 

1. If Barry went back in time, why aren't there two Barry's running (heh) around?  Why did he go back into his own consciousness?

2. If going back in time puts you into your own body, how did wells get back to 11-year old Barry's place since there's no body for him.  How does Barry, since there is a body (his own, albeit 11-years old).

Lots of questions regarding Wells' motivations and goals.  I hope we get some real insight before the end of the season.

Then you have the big grandfather paradox no one has brought up.

Barry went back in time because he was running so fast to stop the tidal wave. Now there is no tidal wave. So he wouldn't have had to be running that fast to break the time barrier in the first place.

But I agree Wells sounded like he tried to change the past and screwed up big time and now knows how dangerous it is.
And maybe that's why he needs to keep things going the right way or he could cease to exist if the past is changed to much.
or at least his future would be changed enough that to him it would be dead.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2015, 03:21:32 AM »
Another thing that makes me think Wells is doing it to replace Barry is that he obviously saved the entire universe/earth in the crisis which was shown on his future newspaper hologramy thing. He could just be the crazed fan who wants to be their hero. And is a psychopath...
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
I think Wells went back to kill the 11 year old Barry and that he would still have had plenty of energy to get back to the future.  But then the adult Barry showed up and the resulting fight left his energy levels too depleted to get back.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »
I think Wells went back to kill the 11 year old Barry and that he would still have had plenty of energy to get back to the future.  But then the adult Barry showed up and the resulting fight left his energy levels too depleted to get back.

Nah. makes sense. Probably won't do it.

But if Wells knows that Barry knows he is going to go back to that point in the past - so does Wells and what's stopping him from warning his past self about Barry - could have a mess with 2 or three versions of each zooming around back there.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »
Well something I didn't notice at the end of the previous episode is how the first Flash faded out of existence as this Flash caught up with him.  Welcome to the multiverse interpretation of time travel.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2015, 11:06:18 PM »
Well something I didn't notice at the end of the previous episode is how the first Flash faded out of existence as this Flash caught up with him.  Welcome to the multiverse interpretation of time travel.

That's probably why there weren't two Barry's back in the past as someone mentioned. The first one went off to a future that no longer exists and I guess disappeared.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2015, 03:33:40 PM »
That's probably why there weren't two Barry's back in the past as someone mentioned. The first one went off to a future that no longer exists and I guess disappeared.

I want the TV show to go whole hog on the Multiverse idea, and have all other TV versions of the DC universe to be part of this show's Multiverse.  That way we can see this Flash team with the 80's TV Flash, or the Adam West Batman, or the Justice League Unlimited animated Flash... WooHoo! 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2015, 11:56:30 PM »
I want the TV show to go whole hog on the Multiverse idea, and have all other TV versions of the DC universe to be part of this show's Multiverse.  That way we can see this Flash team with the 80's TV Flash, or the Adam West Batman, or the Justice League Unlimited animated Flash... WooHoo!

Well we have Mark Hamill as the Trickster. I sure there will be some sort of inside joke about the first Flash series.
I loved the first series and hoped it had gone on longer. But now of course you can do so much more super hero stuff on TV with the technology then you could in 1992.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2015, 01:51:37 AM »
Well we have Mark Hamill as the Trickster. I sure there will be some sort of inside joke about the first Flash series.
I loved the first series and hoped it had gone on longer. But now of course you can do so much more super hero stuff on TV with the technology then you could in 1992.

I'm betting the inside joke will be something about having met Barry's father.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
I'm betting the inside joke will be something about having met Barry's father.

Barry's father was probably the arresting officer.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
Barry's father was probably the arresting officer.

And he will say he caught him as quick as a flash or something,

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »
And he will say he caught him as quick as a flash or something,

Ah... I need to go back and watch those two episodes before catching the new one tonight.  Lots of Mark Hamill goodness!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2015, 01:56:57 AM »
Well I certainly didn't see THAT angle!

Answered my question whether there was a real Harrison Wells or just Thawne making up the identity.

Wow.

I wonder when Barry saves his mom and changes the future (you can see that coming), the real Wells is still around and helps Barry.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:58:44 AM by doc7924 »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:24 AM »
Anyone else laugh when
Spoiler for Hidden:
The Trickster said, "I am your father"?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2015, 02:59:38 AM »
Anyone else laugh when
Spoiler for Hidden:

I was expecting an inside joke. I was wrong about from what...

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #236 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:59 AM »
Anyone else laugh when
Spoiler for Hidden:

I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!!!

**KLANG**

What a monumental reference/actor gag!  I bet he's wanted to say that since that film first came out!  ;D

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2015, 06:15:13 AM »
So there WAS an original Harrison Wells. And a DIFFERENT Eobard Thawn. But now they... merged? Or is the original Harrison dead? Based on the effects (ewww) I think he is. But... this show has surprised me before. (And yeah - there's the time-travel angle too)

And Holy CRAP Mark Hamill was AWESOME. But then he always is. :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2015, 07:05:04 AM »
Mark Hamill looks disturbingly old, and I don't like the feeling that gives me. ;-;
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2015, 09:42:25 AM »
So there WAS an original Harrison Wells. And a DIFFERENT Eobard Thawn. But now they... merged? Or is the original Harrison dead? Based on the effects (ewww) I think he is. But... this show has surprised me before. (And yeah - there's the time-travel angle too)

And Holy CRAP Mark Hamill was AWESOME. But then he always is. :)

It looked like that device Thawne used siphoned his life force, probably his memories and knowledge too and also modified his DNA so he became an exact copy of Wells. Creepy.