Author Topic: Business structure of CoX Reloaded  (Read 14655 times)

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
Re: Business structure of CoX Reloaded
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »
I'd say the best thing to do is wait until the end of the year. If I make connection to the world of boxing, it's not rare at all fights take months and months of negociation to come to fruition. And they won't talk much about the deal before the official announcement so I understand what the OP is saying but all we can do really, is wait. Nate or NCSoft won't tell us more before they decide to tell us more otherwise they would already have done so, don't you think? ;) Let's wait until the end of the year and I'm pretty sure we'll have gotten news in some sort of way by then! :P
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
I'd say the best thing to do is wait until the end of the year. If I make connection to the world of boxing, it's not rare at all fights take months and months of negociation to come to fruition. And they won't talk much about the deal before the official announcement so I understand what the OP is saying but all we can do really, is wait. Nate or NCSoft won't tell us more before they decide to tell us more otherwise they would already have done so, don't you think? ;) Let's wait until the end of the year and I'm pretty sure we'll have gotten news in some sort of way by then! :P

Amen.  The people putting their bacon on the line can do the work, but it's going to take time.  When the deal goes public then people can play armchair quarterback with confirmed info.

Otherwise.... Bacon.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
mmmm Bacon

or would that be

aaarrrrggghh Bacoooon

Pherdnut

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:22 PM »
Phrased as a statement rather than a question was not nice.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »
Posting in a thoroughly unnecessary thread.  ???

Also, bacon.  :-X
So far so good. Onward and upward!

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »
There are several options for funding on the table, which one the group goes with depends greatly on the final terms settled. I've seen that in cinema before, a movie producer needs $80 million, so he goes out and finds $200 million potential, but with each segment having various terms. "I'll put in $10 million if you can get this actor in it" along with "I'll put in $15 million if you get this screenwriter" and so forth. He gets this larger potential pool and then negotiates. He will not get every actor, screenwriter, director, cinematographer which is asked for, so he will not get the full potential pool. That is why he goes for a far larger pool than needed in the first place. As he negotiates for various bits, he secures, or loses, various promises of funds.

So, when I say "too much in the air" I mean just that, it depends on how the negotiations go for what is the final arrangement.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »
Hmm...
It occurs to me, that for me, waiting patiently is more difficult when given little snippets like the one above from Nate (Downix). I come to the site, see interesting commentary, sometimes contribute and then real life takes me away.
Then, I see a post like the one above, and I'm left contemplating, "If this, then what about that!? Or, maybe it'll be thus, and so!".

It's time like these that I wish I could foresee this aspect of the future. I'd hate to get invested in another game and then be faced with something crazy like playing more than one game. MMO's are a time sink for me, generally. And it's tough to serve two masters. So, I wait. Optimistic, but with some skepticism thrown in to sort of keep things in balance.

[//insert frustrated pirate sound here]

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
Simple Answer:

We don't know. 

Involved Answer:

We don't know. 
We don't know who does know. 
And "They" (whomever that is), probably wouldn't tell us anything at this point anyway.

Honestly, this is the only current valid answer as the requirements of NCSoft - presuming a deal is worked out will STRONGLY shape this answer.

Anything more than that is speculation or "here's what we hope" but really, giving those answers cause perceptions of truth that are simply not there and ends up a mess for all involved.

IF/WHEN the deal is done and IF terms are sharable, they will be shared.  I HIGHLY doubt the terms will be consumable by the general public as part of the terms.  VERY HIGHLY.
Missing Worlds Media - Lead Pain in the .. well everything.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 04:31:47 AM »
And oh, by the way, Rampage,

If the people who are creating and financially backing this project, as well as NCSoft, wanted your opinions and input, they would ask you.   :)  As they clearly have not, then much like with every other business deal on the planet that you personally are not creating, putting up the full backing money for and signing your life away to, you take what you get when the deal is done and decide at that point whether you want to be involved as a consumer or not.  And until that point, obviously the details and finer points of the deal are not fully worked out, so there's nothing else to talk about.

Just like that other "Kickstarter thread" troll: obvious troll is obvious.   ;)

Speaking in general:

I think of it like I would someone jumping up and down, asking a million questions while a superhero is trying to disable a doomsday device. The hero is busy. Very, very busy. Busy trying to save everyone's life, including that of the maroon jumping up and down, asking questions which are either unanswerable, or none of his business - and certainly irrelevant to the task at hand. The hero's thinking hard, sweating, trying to remember what he knows when deciding to clip this wire, or that one.

Let's don't distract, annoy or tinker with the hero[es] trying to disable this particular doomsday for us. This seems like a wise - and considerate - course of action. That hero owes us nothing. But if he succeeds in saving us all, we will owe HIM our heartfelt thanks.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:05 AM »
I think I've seen that scenario before... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddtpyR6WIlY

so how long does it take to look up Irene Demova in a browser?

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
We don't know. We won't know until something is posted publicly. There are no updates. There will be no updates until someone posts publicly. If there are updates, the appropriate First Posts will be updated.

You are not entitled to know anything of the process until after it is public. (Note: this reads way more hostile than I mean it; please read it in a benign voice.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal