Author Topic: Children (or really short characters) in icon?  (Read 2153 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Children (or really short characters) in icon?
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:34:09 PM »
How would I go about editing a costume to play as a really short npc. I don't know say about 3 - 4 feet tall...

I tried messing around with a costume file to but ended up with really weird looking characters.

Any assistance? Thanks

pmoyer

• Minion
  • Please leave a message at the sound of the tone...
    • Magnetic Terrapin Studios
Re: Children (or really short characters) in icon?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »
Your best bet would just be to take a normal male, female, or huge character and scale down the height (and chest) as low as it can go normally, and dress accordingly.  You couldn't make any 'child' characters officially, but I saw enough 'good-enough' attempts to pass, when the game was running.

--- Philip

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
You can't make children, the game is rated Teen.  The therefore you must be 16.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
I can't be under 13 or over 19, but surely I don't have to be exactly 16.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »
there is a couple of school uniform pieces like the sailor shirt for girls and the letterman jacked for both sexes, and also a "backpack" back piece... but as others have said, the game shied away from making any child-like pieces.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
I wanted to make a little girl war shade.
She say, "I feel a growth spurt" and change into the lobster, now that's entertainment.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »
Keep in mind for screen shots that all of the other NPCs, especially the monsters, are massive.  So if you set the height slider all of the way down, your character will look about 4 foot tall once you put them onscreen.

CoH made it hard to make child characters.  My main character originally was going to be younger (because child-sized invulnerability tank = cute and funny) but CoH's boob slider didn't quite go down far enough so the youngest I could make her look, in the clothing pieces I had at the time and wanted to wear, was a mature 12.  I have a character in my "waiting to play when the game comes back pile"that is a Carnie of Light who looks younger with different costuming (I used the toga from the Valentine's Day event).

For the actual scales, I started with the "normal person" setting, put the chest all of the way down, waist all of the way up, and shortened the legs a little more.  From there I had to be careful to keep the arms and hands at least partially covered too- CoH character's are all pretty buff.  Otherwise you get the horror of Baby New Year's arms...
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 02:54:21 AM »
Little late to the thread, but I wanted to add:

Make the head and eyes as BIG as possible (you can stretch out the eyes by shrinking the cranium, iirc). Kids and young teens have a larger head-to-body ratio than full-grown adults. So you may get some mileage going that route. Also, adjust the proportions to eliminate their chins and round out their faces.

If you can get that old Cryptic bug to work where you can make a body part bigger than intended, definitely try doing that here.