Author Topic: NaNoWriMo Project  (Read 1357 times)

Taliseian

• Minion
NaNoWriMo Project
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:42 PM »
Greetings...

I'm in the process of getting all setup for NaNoWriMo and I think I'm going to use one of my Heros as the main character, but have some background questions.

His basic background is that he was a Pharaoh who died mysteriously in order to preserve his soul, knowledge, and budding mystical powers to be used in modern day PC for some nefarious purpose (spoilers, sweetie....)

After looking back on some of the villain group info, my original idea was Circle of Thorns, but I don't really see a connection to them as far back as Ancient Egypt. So I was thinking about changing the villain group to Banished Pantheon, but not sure I feel comfortable about that.

Curious if there is any lore info I'm missing or any thoughts about that or should I just go ahead and whip up a connection somehow...

T

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
Re: NaNoWriMo Project
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
From what I remember of CoH lore, the Orenbegas moved to the Americas prior to the advent of real life civilization and thus weren't in Egypt during the time of the pharaohs. Banished Pantheon were African, but were defeated by another pantheon prior to the Orenbega exodus, but I suppose BP cultists were still active throughout CoH history.

One CoH entity encountered in CoV that may be of interest is Gadzul Oil, an Egyptian oil company encountered in a CoV Hellion storyline and were the owners of a wrecked ship off the coast of Port Oaks. A quick google search yielded this from one of the AMAs:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Q) The Hellions, Gadzul Oil, the Blood of the Black Stream. How was it all supposed to fit together? (@Serpentine)
A) Pretty sure that Gadzul Oil was run by a person or persons that were "blood of the black stream" i.e. descended from ancient powerful lineages in Egypt. Kind of a Merovingian type deal) They wanted a foothold in the Rogue Isles and influenced Marcone with a magic book. One of the Hellions tried to use the book to level himself up. (Matt via Sean Dornan-Fish)

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
Shadowstar was active in Egypt throughout the time of the Pharaohs. Where there's a Warshade there are probably more malign Nictuses for her to fight.