Author Topic: Metroid Feat Performance  (Read 2366 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Metroid Feat Performance
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
http://youtu.be/EHQtGegl_v8 Part 1 - some fancy and challenging tricks go on here!
http://youtu.be/dqbCHkGxg1k Part 2! Oops I killed the puppies!

I will be performing a feat in one of the old Metroid games, something I'm fairly sure has not be videoed before. Sunday (tomorrow) at 4 pm ish (United Kingdom time, edinburgh) I will begin.

the final outcome will also be uploaded to my youtube account which I will post later.

I have been meaning to do this for years, I first did it over 9 years ago. I tried to record it using a built-in key press recorder function in an emulator but the key capture rate was too slow and reproduced a key part wrong.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:19:57 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Re: Metroid Feat Performance
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
there may be a delay today, it may not start directly at 4. I need to take a friend to the hospital for a minor condition (they need antibiotics).

they are feeling better now. Didn't need to go after all. We're back on schedule.

Aaaand now they are not feeling well again need to go might be late for the 4 time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:49:05 PM by Joshex »

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 02:10:23 PM »
Rescheduling for 6Pm UK time just in case!

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »
Sounds cool, I'll check it out :)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »
I just got home from the hospital it took a lot longer than expected, turned out my friend didn't even have an appointment and the nearest one was at 8, by then it was 5 due to a long walk getting there.. my friend was walking at half their normal speed which is also slow, I offered to carry them but they didn't want to be seen being carried in public.

I am so sorry I didn't make it back in time and I hope you will forgive me, I plan to reschedule to show this feat soon, when would be best for those interested? Friday, Saturday, Sunday of next week?

I am also available Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

let me know I hopr to get as many people to join as possible, again sorry for not showing today.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
Lets try for Saturday, but what time would be best for people?

Blackout what time is best for you (include time zone by city name, or convert to edinburgh UK time)?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 12:15:57 AM »
Very well, lets do 3pm Edinburgh time as no one has said anything and the date is drawing near.

If anyone is going to miss it don't worry I will post the youtube vids here after the livestream event.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »
Going live for 30 minutes NOW.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »
well, livestream split what was supposed to be one video into a bunch of small poor quality videos

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

shame too, I did really well that time, practice makes perfect and all, I will have to do it AGAIN with a better desktop recorder.

oh well the VOD is up in my live stream account to show the progress thus far. I will do it again and youtube it.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
FINALLY, I managed to record it in 2 videos, would have been 1 video if not for IRL interruptions, but finally I have preformed the metroid feat while it was recorded!!!!

The youtube links are coming, it's processing right now. please check back soon and I'd love to hear your comments!!!

http://youtu.be/EHQtGegl_v8 Part 1 - some fancy and challenging tricks go on here!
http://youtu.be/dqbCHkGxg1k Part 2! Oops I killed the puppies!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:51:44 AM by Joshex »

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 09:57:54 AM »
Updated!! the links work Please view and comment!!