Author Topic: preview for "Game of War"  (Read 2756 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
preview for "Game of War"
« on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
I was at the gym when I saw it, wasn't paying that much attention, but I thought I saw our Sally from Croatoa, and then a Fire Demon Lord (Behemoth) with a battle axe in this preview.

Heh, not really sure whether it was for a game or a movie. Anyone else see it?
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Re: preview for "Game of War"
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:34 AM »
It's a mobile game, kind of like Clash of Clans, and apparently just like CoC, is getting enough money to start advertising everywhere, including live-action TV commercials now.

I haven't seen any ads for the game with Sally or a Behemoth in it, but it wouldn't surprise me much considering one of the two growing trends in mobile games has been "borrowing" artwork from other games/companies without permission to advertise for their own game.

The other trend being absurd amounts of bewbage to lure in less mature male audiences...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 07:30:35 AM »
I find the ads for the game with Kate Upton leading that massive army into battle to be hilarious.  I had no idea she had a talent for comedy.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
I find the ads for the game with Kate Upton leading that massive army into battle to be hilarious.  I had no idea she had a talent for comedy.  :)
Is THAT who that is? Goddamn that lady was so familiar but I couldn't place her at all. She's the third chick that Jaime Lannister some dude played by Jaime Lannister - or, uh, the actor who is Jaime Lannister - was banging in The Other Woman. (The only reason I saw that movie was for Jaime Lannister. *sizzle*)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »

The other trend being absurd amounts of bewbage to lure in less mature male audiences...

Sadly, I feel the need to confess. That ..view was what drew my attention to the tv screen in the first place.  :-[
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »
Is THAT who that is? Goddamn that lady was so familiar but I couldn't place her at all. She's the third chick that Jaime Lannister some dude played by Jaime Lannister - or, uh, the actor who is Jaime Lannister - was banging in The Other Woman. (The only reason I saw that movie was for Jaime Lannister. *sizzle*)

Huh... I didn't know that's who she was either, but she did always look somewhat familiar... Learn something new every day I guess...

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
When I first saw those commercials I thought that either A) They were making some serious cash to afford Kate Upton B) Kate Upton is quickly losing her reputation and fame.

I still am not sure which one is the case......

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:37:12 PM »
When I first saw those commercials I thought that either A) They were making some serious cash to afford Kate Upton B) Kate Upton is quickly losing her reputation and fame.

I still am not sure which one is the case......

Money: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/16/a-40m-ad-budget-buys-game-of-war-fire-age-kate-upton/

I know her as "Justin Verlander's girlfriend" as I am a Tigers fan.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:14:26 PM »
Seriously, that is Upton?  I thought it was just a lookalike.  Ah well, the bewbz got me to notice as well.  I assume she's making good money for 10 seconds of dialogue and stilted acting.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
I know her as "Justin Verlander's girlfriend" as I am a Tigers fan.
Nice.

I'm not a huge baseball fan in general, but I grew up listening to Ernie Harwell's play-by-play, so Detroit's still my home team.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov