Author Topic: Trying Something New  (Read 7049 times)

Groundbreaker

• Minion
Trying Something New
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »
I expect people will have long lists in response to this question but it seems a good idea to ask it anyway. :)

What things did you miss the first time that you intend to prioritise when the game comes back?

I'm going to try and get one of each AT to 50 this time, I only got a Tank a Scrapper and a Defender to 50 last time, I need to spend some time on the old Villain AT's and the Hero Squishies :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Trying Something New
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »
Corruptor.    Never took the time to level one up past the mid-teens.   Seems like they would be fun...having Blaster sets with tools to survive better.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:34 AM »
A dark/water corrupter is like cheating

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 02:53:26 AM »
A dark/water corrupter is like cheating
Wouldn't that be Water/Dark Corruptor? AFAIK there was no water-themed buff/debuff set. Although that would be interesting.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »
I was gonna say a TA/H2O defender was like cheating...

but then no one would believe me cuz, well... defender. 
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:25 AM »
I never seriously played a Controller to 50. I had two 50+ Dominators (one of whom I created after the shutdown announcement), but I only got my Dark/Dark Controller to 20-ish before the shutdown.

In addition, I wanted to try Illusion Control and Plant Control (the latter on any class).  I was also looking forward to rebuilding several of my characters with the Sorcery Power Pool.

I also wanted to try many of the pay-only sets.  I was looking at Titan Weapons (I made a Titan/Bio Brute on the test server, but didn't play him too much)

Never got a Stalker very high (past the single-digits), and never tried one at all after the Issue 22 revamp, which I wanted to do.

... dang, I still had so many characters to create.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 05:03:41 AM »
Always wanted a granite armor character, but could never justify the debuffs. I've realized the -damage was a drop in the bucket for a brute, so I really want to try one of those, just can't figure out the primary to offest or not be hurt by the -recharge (open to suggestions, btw).

I also was very intrigued by dominators, but never stuck with one all the way. Probably will make a plant/something.

I never gave defenders, tanks, or controllers a fare shake, and I would like to fix that, at least with defenders and controllers, if I can find combos that satisfy me.

If we ever were to get i24 I abso-posi-lutely would give blasters another try.

robo40

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Plant Dom is very easy to level.  Immunity to mez in a squishy is also great.  And the Ice APP makes it easy to softcap (+AOE).  Very user-friendly toon.  Plant/Fire will be one of my first.

Groundbreaker

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
Along with trying out all of the toons I really want to have a go at PvP this time I generally avoided it before but I want to try and experience everything CoH has to offer.

In a sense I feel I squandered my time at the buffet and now I have a chance to go back I'm going to get one of everything :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
I want to try an archery/trick arrow corrupter.  There seems to be many synergies in the combo and it has so many aoe debuffs.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 05:59:54 PM »
I love knock-back.
I love weird power-sets
I never tried as many weird power-sets as i should have back in the day.
Conclusion: I'm gonna' make an energy blast/kinetics corrupter or defender.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 09:32:05 PM »
I never wrote a guide. That's something I should correct.

Even though many players just went for the quick and dirty mids final build approach to building a character, I really liked reading through a good guide. They usually gave a lot of insights on a particular build that led to a much better understanding of what you could get away with.

Bonus points: I can start working on one now. It will give me something to do. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
I would want to do a lot more TF's. For some reason I never got into TF's until there was only like 1 year left in the game. I was under the impression that they all take many hours of time, so I avoided them. I ended up falling in love with some TF's at the end, but there were some that I only got to do once or none at all. I'd definitely want to correct that, if given another chance.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 07:28:50 PM »
I think I would actually try to get a Controller/Mastermind to 50.

I also would like to try teaming more. I did it very rarely during my time in CoH.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »
I was think about playing an Arachnos Widow, Soldier and Peacebringer for the first time. I've never played Epic Archetypes before so I want to know how are the experience with them. I also was thinking about creating a Mastermind. I never play villain archetypes so this is also going to be my first time with the experience.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 07:52:53 PM by Dev7on »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »
I was on and off of the game from 2004 and I never played in the Pretoria zone. I made maybe one or two heroes and they ran around a bit but I never got further then level 2. Was too busy with other stuff in the regular zones.

I also would cut WAY down on alts - I had so many not even level 10 because I kept making new ones without playing the ones I had.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »
The only AT i never took to 50 was the mastermind.  I used to game on a laptop a lot back in the day, and figured I would have to dumb down the graphics to run one.  My warshade was such a mess, that a clean build will be a priority next time around.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:45 AM »
To build a truly impressive base.  I had started working on it and managed to get a fair amount of it done but I never got to finish it.  I didn't really get into it until last year of coh.  It is my one true regret of the game.  I did manage to save pics of my old base.  I even wrote up a section of my personal wiki for the game which includes the base with complete pics of the base rooms and descriptions  of each room.

It was impressive but I never got to finish it.  had the largest plot.  had about 90% of the items you could put into it.  Thought I detest pvp, I wouldn't have minded watching a raiding party try to get through the defense room.  I'm sure they'd gotten through eventually.
No Surrender!

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »

1) Write a Bio for each of my toons

2) Build a base

3) Create an AE mission

Groundbreaker

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
I would love to do some base raiding. We only tried it out in beta by the time we had a base and sg raid worthy they had taken it off the table. Unfortunately just a pipe dream now.

I want to do a Hami raid when the game returns assuming there is enough population to arrange one. My dad did a couple but I never got round to trying it for some reason.