Author Topic: Leonard Nimoy Hospitalized  (Read 5947 times)

microc

• Boss

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mentalshock

• Boss
Re: Leonard Nimoy Hospitalized
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
For once, I am glad I am not vulcan, because this is not an illogical emotional reaction.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
Smoking claims another one, he was admitted for chest pain, same way my grandma went, I don't know how many packs nemoy was on but my grandma was doing 2 to 4 packs a day near the end.

It's a shame he went, Nemoy was one of the more vivid actors.  I sent him a tweet the day I saw this thread posted saying I hoped he'd survive this to continue to push his "don't smoke" comments.

I don't know what else to say. Well, at least the pain is gone. Maybe he'll make a miraculous return with a genesis project.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Smoking claims another one, he was admitted for chest pain, same way my grandma went, I don't know how many packs nemoy was on but my grandma was doing 2 to 4 packs a day near the end.

It's a shame he went, Nemoy was one of the more vivid actors.  I sent him a tweet the day I saw this thread posted saying I hoped he'd survive this to continue to push his "don't smoke" comments.

I don't know what else to say. Well, at least the pain is gone. Maybe he'll make a miraculous return with a genesis project.

He quit 30 years ago.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
היה שלום
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

microc

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:48 PM »
He quit 30 years ago.

good to know, the residual tar must have still been in his lungs... you'd think the body would clear it out, but I guess it doesn't. I suppose that's not the point here anyways.

hard to reply to this topic, though I want to, eve while he was alive it was hard to know what to say when I heard he'd been hospitalized, I think a lot of us were expecting something like this to be the end product and really just don't have words to lament the situation till it happens.

in my opinion he's still out there, but everyone has their beliefs. I wonder if he's hanging out with Michael Jackson and Robin Williams...

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 05:17:24 AM »
well, crap. :(

last words... kinda.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:27:58 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 06:56:28 AM »

:'(
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 07:04:01 PM »
Wow... that's a picture, isn't it?

As Spock said to McCoy in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan:

"Remember."

Indeed, Mr. Nimoy, we will.  Thank you for all you did, for the many people inspired by your playing of a unique character on a groundbreaking show, and all your works and life's achievements.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »

That right there has to be the most poignant pair of images I can imagine at this time.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
That right there has to be the most poignant pair of images I can imagine at this time.

To look on the bright side, we've still got Kirk... well maybe 50% of kirk.. or, maybe in correction 10%...

Rant time.

So as many of you know, the new transformers movies have completely obliterated the famous story known from the famous cartoon in service of pleasing 'new fan bases'. as such we never got to see Unicron or...Galvatron..

I mean not in the same light as he should have been.. and now, thanks to all their meandering around with the plot. It's now too late.

As a villain as much as a hero I have to say "Gal-va-tron! Gal-va-tron!" and follow that with "At least starscream isn't here to take your throne."

for those who don't know Nemoy was the voice actor of Galvatron.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »
Nimoy was in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, as Sentinel Prime.  But it's a shame he never reprised Galvatron.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 01:15:34 AM »

Darnitol, i think i got something in my eyes.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 02:32:19 AM »

Darnitol, i think i got something in my eyes.
INORITE??? When I saw it on my FB feed I burst out bawling. Was the straw that broke my back.

Life is taking everyone away from me :'(
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 07:59:25 PM »
Captain Kirk: Sole Survivor. Wonder if any of the networks are going to show an original series marathon or something.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
Sulu (George Takei), Uhura (Nichelle Nichols), Chekhov (Walter Koenig) and even Yeoman Rand (Grace Lee Whitney) are still alive too, y'know.

As a Trekkie, I would not only protest, I would ensure to have a campaign to not buy any products associated with that show, for the title alone.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »
Sulu (George Takei), Uhura (Nichelle Nichols), Chekhov (Walter Koenig) and even Yeoman Rand (Grace Lee Whitney) are still alive too, y'know.

As a Trekkie, I would not only protest, I would ensure to have a campaign to not buy any products associated with that show, for the title alone.

well, then, it's safe to say they've been promoted. Reality is so much different than the original series. in the original series only the ensign whose name we don't know half the time dies.. if anyone else dies it's a badguy or expendable character who plays a minimal back-screen role like the admiral of a fleet we don't care about.