Author Topic: Fantastic Four Trailer  (Read 6859 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Fantastic Four Trailer
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkmc2KiN0qU

I'll watch it.  I'll probably enjoy it.  But this resembles the FF comic about as much as the Wanted movie resembled Wanted.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Fantastic Four Trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkmc2KiN0qU

I'll watch it.  I'll probably enjoy it.  But this resembles the FF comic about as much as the Wanted movie resembled Wanted.

I think a large portion of it is coming from the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:34:36 AM »
That looks really good.  Fox owns the rights to the Fantastic Four, I wonder how many characters they have access to.  Hulk, She-Hulk, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Storm, Wolverine, Ghost Rider etc were all members of FF at some point.  Inhumans, Ronan the Accuser and Ulysses Klaw first appeared in FF comicbooks. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:59 AM »
that one issue with GR/Wolvie/Hulk/Spidey rescuing the actual FF hardly counts as them being members unless you're Marvel trying to sell an issue by proclaiming them the 'new FF'.

I'd imagine Fox owns the characters who've already been in one of the FF movies - the FF, alicia, doom, surfer, galactus and willie lumpkin. We already know marvel owns the panther, ant-man, ms. marvel, the inhumans and ronan as they've either appeared in the mcu or are in the works already.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 02:18:37 AM »
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »
They are trying SO hard to not look anything like the previous movies. Even changing the logo to have a rectangle around the 4 instead of a circle. It's like how the Amazing Spiderman movies kept purposefully avoiding the phrase "With great power comes great responsibility", at some point it just starts to feel awkward.

I'll be honest, I enjoy the previous movies (Besides Galactus being a big space cloud). I don't know many people that do, but I find them to be fun. I also never was super into the Fantastic Four group as a whole, so when they dont do it perfect I have a bit more of a tolerance. Except space cloud Galactus. *sigh*

I will of course see it, but I am going to try to wait until it's out of theaters. I really don't want to be supporting Fox's Marvel movies, I want all the characters to be put back into the right hands. I went and saw Days of Future Past in theaters and regretted it, so at this point it's waiting until the DVD release for me.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »
It looks probably better then I thought it would.

Not a big fan of the Torch being African-American, but I would have the same objection if they cast a white actor as Luke Cage.

Though at least Sue and Johnny are still brother and sister so that's ok.

The Thing looks better then the last films at least - he does look like living rocks.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »
this version looks a whole lot like the korman version, which is kind of awesome.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »
I got a copy of the Roger Corman FF film a long time ago and honestly its not that horrible.

The Thing is done rather well and Doom is more like Doom than even the later Fox films.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 01:50:04 AM »
I got a copy of the Roger Corman FF film a long time ago and honestly its not that horrible.

The Thing is done rather well and Doom is more like Doom than even the later Fox films.

At least the Corman movie got the meglomania of Doom right.  The Fox movies, not once did they have him speak in the third person. :). In the second movie when Doom first confronts the Surfer he yells out "No one turns their back on me!!" Right before Doom shoots him.  That was the perfect moment for something like "None turn their back on Doom!". Doom needs to be far more arrogant.
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
Not a big fan of the Torch being African-American...

Though at least Sue and Johnny are still brother and sister so that's ok.
And there's the main problem I have with this movie:
If Sue were any whiter she'd be translucent (no pun intended)... but those two are totally siblings.
If Fox thinks they need forced diversity, then why don't they make both Storms african american?
or at least pick an actress that doesn't look so... arian :o
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
I just have my Shark Jumping sensing tingling about this movie. I'm going to wait for a review and spoilers because I have a bad feeling they did something grossly inaccurate with Doom.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »
And there's the main problem I have with this movie:
If Sue were any whiter she'd be translucent (no pun intended)... but those two are totally siblings.
If Fox thinks they need forced diversity, then why don't they make both Storms african american?
or at least pick an actress that doesn't look so... arian :o

Diversity or not - the characters are set as they are. Its just going to annoy people changing for the sake of trying to be politically correct.

Its like having an American or Asian actor play James Bond - that's not the character.

What's next - a white Nick Fury?

Yes that's a joke.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »
I'm just glad to see that, with Jamie Bell cast as Ben Grimm, they're going for the old "Thing Ring Do Your Thing" version of Benjy Grimm.

... that is their intention, right?  I mean, they're not getting a skinny petulant-looking twerp to play any version of the Comics Ben Grimm, are they?  That'd be silly.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
I'm just glad to see that, with Jamie Bell cast as Ben Grimm, they're going for the old "Thing Ring Do Your Thing" version of Benjy Grimm.

... that is their intention, right?  I mean, they're not getting a skinny petulant-looking twerp to play any version of the Comics Ben Grimm, are they?  That'd be silly.

Why would anyone use the comic book as a basis for a movie version of that comic book - that's just stupid....

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:07 AM »
As Kaos points out, this is leaning heavily on the Ultimate version.  There it was young Reed's interdimensional teleportation mechanism that messes them up.  Project was headed by Sue and Johnny's father Franklin.  Seems the only twist is it looks as if either she's adopted or her mother remarried.  Johnny may be a legitimate half-brother rather than a step one.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 06:41:06 AM »
They should have made the whole team black.  It could've been like a 70s blaxploitation film.  The Frotastic Four.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 03:53:02 PM »
UHG! Someone just pointed out that Doom's facemask more closely resemble Anihilus. If they mold those two characters into one... Again, shark jumping senses are a tingling.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 07:12:48 AM »
UHG! Someone just pointed out that Doom's facemask more closely resemble Anihilus. If they mold those two characters into one... Again, shark jumping senses are a tingling.

I don't think so.  Still drawing on the Doom of the first two movies with his skin becoming metallic.

Anihilus looks more like a cheap Ultron knockoff.

Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »
If he comes from the Negative Zone as the trailer seems to suggest, he may end up feeling like Annihilus in a Doom wrapper.