Author Topic: Powers you'd never want  (Read 18793 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: Powers you'd never want
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Perfect Hindsight
Spam Magnet
Spontaneous Respec
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2015, 01:58:32 AM »
The ability to get lost, even in Pocket D.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2015, 12:31:54 AM »
Storm was fun...just not (ducks preemptively) terribly useful in comparison to many other support sets. It had what I believe was the most powerful single target heal besides Absorb Pain, and a couple decent debuffs, but it just didnt have enough going for it besides looking really cool. I'm sure some people made it work for them, but for the jack of all trades powersets there were much better options.

My favorite character was my Plant/Storm troller - the secondary worked just fine for me.   Besides, I never went for the most effective builds - I always went for concept.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2015, 02:00:50 AM »
The ability to get lost, even in Pocket D.
That actually happened to me :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2015, 04:44:01 AM »
The ability to be completely invisible and totally undetectable, until you click a glowie, attack, sneeze, cough or move.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
After mission completion--- debt and influence deducted for damage to public property, body removal services, and cleaning/sanitaion of all battle areas. A responsible hero is a happy hero!
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »
Thought Police and Newspeak; every newspaper, tv, and radio you pass adjusts your alignment by a few points one way or another, resulting in being constantly stuck in a neutral state no matter how many alignment missions you complete
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2015, 10:59:14 PM »
The ability to turn one's hands into squirrels and head into a Rikti monkey, with no other powers available. The squirrels and monkey don't do any tricks.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 12:01:02 AM »
The ability to turn one's hands into squirrels and head into a Rikti monkey, with no other powers available. The squirrels and monkey don't do any tricks.

Eh, I dunno you'd have some pretty nasty biting potential at your disposal, and the monkey would still be able to use psionic darts!  :D

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2015, 04:11:53 AM »
What if there was a gauge to that showed how full your bladder and bowels are.
Why they reach a certain point, your effectiveness diminishes until you find a bath room.
If you continue to ignore the guages, you have an accident and get kicked from the team, stinking pants, and sent to the hospital for cleanup.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2015, 04:25:00 AM »
My favorite character was my Plant/Storm troller - the secondary worked just fine for me.   Besides, I never went for the most effective builds - I always went for concept.
My Earth/Storm was a lockdown/knockdown/procdown death machine against most enemies. Not as fast as some Controller builds, but nothing below AV/GM level had a chance. With a few procs in Freezing Rain and Volcanic Gases most spawns just dissolved without a chance to retaliate. Tornado could rack up some impressive damage against AVs as well once the trash was cleared out.

For sheer flair my Plant/Dark was my funnest and creepiest alt at the end. (Just the Carrion Creepers noise alone as it followed me around invisibly... ;D )

Still, powers i'd never want... Lighting Control: all you can do is make it brighter or dimmer although a few powers can stun enemies and induce seizures in other players. Lighting Blast: lots of stuns and -perception effects, but all the powers below the tier 9 power, LAZER BEAM, do Force Bolt level damage. Edit: Hmm, Build Up equivalent for Lighting Blast, IMA CHARGING MY, adds a DoT damage proc to the tier 9 in addition to the damage boost.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:35:06 AM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:40 AM »
The pants/depants powerset.  Sounds like a corrupter power to me.

A nice secondary, the ability to change the color of the foes costumes.

Yeah, my pants/colors Corupter went up against the crey.
(What happened?)
Very funny.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2015, 06:46:22 PM »
Meme Assault: a scrapper/stalker set... starts out with old low-level memes such as dramatic-look gopher and success-kid buffs, and eventually tops out with youtubed sing-along videos of megan trainor and taylor swift music
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »
Ham Sandwich

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »
Ham Sandwich
That was one of the zombies for my Necro/Poison MM, Granny Trichinosis. Her zombies were all people who'd eaten her (terrible) cooking and were each named after the dish what did them in.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2015, 05:37:14 AM »
A body function based powerset

Burp (like sonic blast)
Fart (combination of char and dark aura)
Sneeze PBAOE toxic attack
Cough cone toxic attack
Spit ranged single foe toxic attack
Vomit ranged AOE toxic attack with vomit inducing hold effect

I think I had better stop there.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
That was one of the zombies for my Necro/Poison MM, Granny Trichinosis. Her zombies were all people who'd eaten her (terrible) cooking and were each named after the dish what did them in.

There's a song by a Knoxville-TN-based singer-songwriter where he writes that he has three dogs, each named after one of his favorite things in life.  They're named "Pot," "Sex" and "Ham Sandwich."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »
There's a song by a Knoxville-TN-based singer-songwriter where he writes that he has three dogs, each named after one of his favorite things in life.  They're named "Pot," "Sex" and "Ham Sandwich."

Who's that? I might know him.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2015, 07:30:03 PM »
"This is my dog, Sex"
*everybody looks uncomfortable and slowly backs away* (Everybody except "That One Guy".)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2015, 03:01:00 AM »
"This is my dog, Sex"
*everybody looks uncomfortable and slowly backs away* (Everybody except "That One Guy".)
You ever tried sexing a dog?  It's pretty easy.

Expert Dog Sexer:  Yup, whats you got dare is a male dog.
Dog Owner:           Thank you, Expert Dog Sexer.
Expert Dog Sexer:  Just doing my job, ma'am.