Author Topic: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.  (Read 46651 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2016, 07:53:02 PM »
I don't want to live in a multiverse where the green lantern movie is acknowledged.

Hey. That film is not that bad. It's bad, but not horrible.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2016, 07:54:12 PM »
When Chronos first showed up, I got confused and thought it was Death's Head.

I know there was a Chronos character in the comics - but I don't think he was a bounty hunter.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Hey. That film is not that bad. It's bad, but not horrible.

Would have just been bad. Ryan Reynolds elevated it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2016, 01:30:15 AM »
Would have just been bad. Ryan Reynolds elevated it.

The one thing I liked was them showing how easy it should be for someone to see through a mask.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
Finally got to watch the pilot.  Heat Wave was hilarious! He had all the best lines!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I feel a little mislead with the "Legends" part since none of them apparently mattered to the timeline.  I suppose this show will be about them trying to make a difference. 

Sad to see the Hawks' son die.  I wonder if that's what happened to him all along?  ie. their actions didn't change the result, but made it come to pass.

I hope we learn more about Gideon.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Rip Hunter all but outright said that was the case when he remarked on how time itself would occasionally be their adversary as it wants to unfold the way it's supposed to or something.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 03:41:44 AM »
Well, I suppose Rory would know about fixed points.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 02:09:50 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Nice little cameo from Darhke.

The one liners keep on rolling, too.  So, so many laughs.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »
They can't get there time travel theories consistent.

In this Ror..er Rip says that it takes time for the changes in the past to catch up to the future, yet in the Flash when Eddie kills himself Thawne immediately fades from existence.

Also if Stein changed his past enough so he never met his wife and the ring disappeared, then how did he still remember? And then shouldn't he have also remembered meeting three people who stole his tracker and then visited a space ship in 1975?

I like what they are doing so far, but they need to be more consistent in their time travel stuff.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »
Did I nod off and miss when they said why they can't have just hid in the bushes until after one of the 206 times Savage has killed the hawks? It's one thing for them to say they can't interfere in events they participated in, but it does seem like they could at least follow him from one of the times where they know where he is.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Elon Musk was a nice touch.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »
They can't get there time travel theories consistent.

In this Ror..er Rip says that it takes time for the changes in the past to catch up to the future, yet in the Flash when Eddie kills himself Thawne immediately fades from existence.

Also if Stein changed his past enough so he never met his wife and the ring disappeared, then how did he still remember? And then shouldn't he have also remembered meeting three people who stole his tracker and then visited a space ship in 1975?

I like what they are doing so far, but they need to be more consistent in their time travel stuff.

Those two events aren't the same time.

Only one of those events involves time travel.  Unless I missed something, Eddie kills himself in his own "present time".   

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
"I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall..."

Nice one.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2016, 12:05:42 AM »
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2016, 04:15:13 AM »

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
Ok, that last episode made no sense...
Spoiler for Hidden:
They killed Vandal Savage.  I know, they didn't kill him the right way to keep him dead, but presumably he was a little bit dead and they could have taken him with them when they escaped.  They were able to get Carter out of there.  I'm sure if they have left Carter to take Vandal, Hawkgirl would have been fine with that.  She can shiv him when she wakes up.

There's lots I can forgive them for their weird time travel rules, but they have their enemy defeated.  Capture him, take the dagger (of go find it if they need to) and series over. Yay!

Made no sense.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 10:21:42 PM »
Ok, that last episode made no sense...
Spoiler for Hidden:
They killed Vandal Savage.  I know, they didn't kill him the right way to keep him dead, but presumably he was a little bit dead and they could have taken him with them when they escaped.  They were able to get Carter out of there.  I'm sure if they have left Carter to take Vandal, Hawkgirl would have been fine with that.  She can shiv him when she wakes up.

There's lots I can forgive them for their weird time travel rules, but they have their enemy defeated.  Capture him, take the dagger (of go find it if they need to) and series over. Yay!

Made no sense.

Never even occurred to me. You are right. He wouldn't have put up much of a fight. Though as you say - series over. So they can't make it that easy.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
I've been reading some mid-90s Justice League stuff with Vandal Savage that deals with his database of all his offspring that he uses as an organ farm. That'd make a fun episode or 3.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
"Did you just quote Top Gun?"
"Maybe."
 ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2016, 05:37:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh yay, yet another woman character with uncontrollable rages. That's #5 by my count (Laurel, Helena, Hawkgirl, Sara, Thea) and I could very easily be missing some since my memory stinks. You'd think at some point someone would call foul.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
... Hawkgirl ... foul.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov