Author Topic: Skyforge  (Read 4724 times)

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
Skyforge
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »
Is anyone looking into Skyforge?

Tivomaniac

• Minion
Re: Skyforge
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 09:23:38 PM »
I signed up for beta.  Looking forward to checking it out next week.  Some of the YouTube clips of some of the classes and power sets remind me of some CoH powers.  Would be nice to find something that I can enjoy.  The rest of you check it out!
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
I've looked into a bit too.  Seems kinda cool.  Any word on when there is a supposed release date?

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
Last closed beta test is next week.  Supposed to be a one week test.  Can get a founders pack for $20 to check it out if you don't want to chance a random beta invite. There are 3 founders levels but you can upgrade to the higher ones if you like what you see during the test.  That's about all I know for sure.  It's live on Russian servers so I'd guess the open beta would probably follow a few weeks after this CBT next week.
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
I have a spare Closed Beta code if anyone is looking for one

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:21:52 AM »
I've looked at a couple trailers on You Tube because I was curious.

Maybe it'll be different in the actual game, but a lot of the playstyle in the trailer reminds me of Neverwinter.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:55:47 AM »
I'd be interested but I saw the female run animations in some previews and they ran like typical anime bimbos, or the general stereotype of females and that usually annoys the hell out of me in games.  I'm just plain not interested in games with that in them.

I hear they are going for mitigation/crowd control first rather than that god aweful trinity, but they fail by making the female toons run like bimbos.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
I'd be interested but I saw the female run animations in some previews and they ran like typical anime bimbos, or the general stereotype of females and that usually annoys the hell out of me in games.  I'm just plain not interested in games with that in them.

I hear they are going for mitigation/crowd control first rather than that god aweful trinity, but they fail by making the female toons run like bimbos.

From what I have seen, you have the option to change the run style when creating your character, the run I have seen looked ok and nothing like the typical anime run for female characters.

Karu8

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
The irony of being smoked out of lurking after all this time by a Skyforge topic rather than a CoH one is not lost on me, but here goes.

There are three different stances for standing still, chosen during character creation and alterable later at a tailor NPC. One end of the slider has a girly stance, middle is normal and the other end has an aggressive/butch stance. I think idle animations are also affected by this choice. Running style is similar, except the slider scales by ten rather than three options. They range from "tee hee, giggle, hair toss" to "heavy warrior coming through, stand aside or be trampled" in looks.

All in all, the game seems promising. It's an instance-based repeatable adventure thing, with quite a few options and a few open world zones. PvP happens on clearly marked battle maps so there isn't any ganking. Although far from a true CoH replacement, Skyforge will serve as a pleasant diversion from the long, long wait. Fun gameplay, lots of outfits to choose from (only color scheme can be changed, no putting together an outfit from pieces here), fairly nice character creator (body can be customized, faces come in presets that can be altered quite a bit).

Open beta starts sometime this summer with one European and one NA server. Apparently there won't be any wipes, unless major bugs happen.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:02 AM »
I'm letting other people guinea pig it for me but no dedicated healing class, 2 support classes and supporty sounding powers in the other classes make it at least intriguing enough to try.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
I know it's a long shot but...................anyone know it there's a master mindish type of class? Or just a pet class in general?

I'm going to see if I can find any videos on youtube. :)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
Looks like there is one pet class.  Unsurprisingly, it's a Necromancer.  Even in a game that combines sci-fi and fantasy elements in equal measure, the only pet class they could think of was the same one that's been in every fantasy game since Diablo 2.

I'm sorry.  It may be a good game, but that lack of originality just makes me angry.  I want my army of robots back, and this would have been the perfect setting for the pet class to actually have an army of robots.

Karu8

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 05:43:43 AM »
I'd like to get my gang of demons back, too. And the ridiculously awesome fire whip. And Illusion/Cold, and StJ/WP, and... well. You all know how it goes.

Skyforge is in its early stages, so classes might be added along the way. Probably will be. Can't hurt to pitch some mastermindy ideas on the forum.

The support-type powers are added to by supporty talents. Each class gets to unlock a whole bunch of talents, and some that aren't bound to class later on. There are only so many talent slots available (more will be unlocked during "leveling"), but what's put in them is entirely up to the player. I seem to remember a Paladin talent that gives a barrier to a nearby ally with the lowest health when their personal damage shield breaks, for example. Lightbinder actually has an "autoattack" that makes another player's attack stronger.

There's a 24 hour server stress test on July 7th, which should be open to everyone who wants to take a look at the game. Client can be downloaded here http://static.gc.my.com/SkyforgeBetaLoader_en.exe. Early access for founders starts on July 9th and the "soft launch" open beta starts on July 16th. Stress test characters will be wiped, early access and open beta characters will stay.

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
Sounds cool - gonna check it out. Thanks for posting about this, mrultimate.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth