Author Topic: Heroes Reborn  (Read 34457 times)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Heroes Reborn
« on: June 24, 2015, 07:04:51 AM »
Airdate confirmed for Heores Reborn 24th September 2015.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/heroes-reborn/35884/heroes-reborn-airdate-confirmed-new-poster

Here's hoping it isn't the only Heroes to be reborn this year  :)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Heroes Reborn
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:56 AM »
Heh, I clicked this thinking it was about the alternate Earth Franklin Richards created  :D

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
Heh, I clicked this thinking it was about the alternate Earth Franklin Richards created  :D

Ditto.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:03:20 PM »
The one thing I'll miss about this show the most is not having live threads (especially with Hickman) on the official CoH forum's CH/VC section.  Those were some of the most fun I had related to CoH outside of the game.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »
The one thing I'll miss about this show the most is not having live threads (especially with Hickman) on the official CoH forum's CH/VC section.  Those were some of the most fun I had related to CoH outside of the game.

Yeah. I was part of that fun. We should do that here. :D

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLHB2zB_cA

Full Trailer released at Comic Con.
Looks like maybe they learned from their mistakes the first time around.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:03:21 AM »
So Chuck is hunting and gunning down "evos".

Hey Micah's back.  He's a technopath right?  Last little bit was especially weird.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
Correct on Micah. Good to see him back, he was always a fan favorite.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »
I hope the lesser episodes works in its favor.

Heroes just got more complex and crazy as it went on - almost like they were winging it most of the time to see what works.
They set up a lot of these future / alt timelines that never really got a pay off.

And I just thought the last season with the carnival was very weak.

But, could be they learned from all that and this will be a great comeback.

Brutey

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »
Heroes biggest problem was that it was a tv show written like a comic, ironically enough.

All of the craziest ideas that didn't really work on the small screen -  all the crazy power ups, power downs, power 'oh, I forgot he had that power', all the retcons, all the theme changes, all the character whiplash -- none of it would have seemed out of place in a printed comic books series with a 10 or 20 year run.

Seriously.  Type out every story of one of the X-Men books, including crossovers, and then read it to a non-comic book reader - or even yourself.  Or even just pick ONE character and follow their arc over the past twenty or thirty years - like Magneto.  "Well, he was the X-Men's enemy but then Charles Xavier left him in charge of the school until he wasn't in charge of the school anymore and took all the mutants to an asteroid which was then shot down so he went on a rampage and then ended up freeing a country of mutant slaves and becoming their leader until the country was blown up. Oh, and also there was a time in there where he was an amnesiac, and also masquerading as an alien, and depowered for a while but not for long."

Without time between each story it looks silly.  With the time between stories allowing a more gradual transition most of it is a LOT better in context (most).

That is Heroes in a nutshell. Decades of  comic series smushed into a four year show.

Shows that came after it understood that you have to dial back the crazy when translating to the big AND small screen.  While that can be incredibly frustrating sometimes (Smallville), it's really helped keep things in a narrow enough window for more people to enjoy (Arrow, Agents of Shield, Flash - though I'm a little worried about the last one).

The Reborn trailer worries me because it STILL looks like too much is going on for a mini-series.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »
Hope the show does well, I was always a fan.  The writer's strike during the second season really hindered the shows progress and it never really recovered from it.  Maybe some of the writers were still unhappy with their settlement but the stories went downhill at that point.  The villains after Sylar were not well written and were quite forgettable including main antagonists Arthur Petrelli and Samuel Sullivan.  New heroes introduced were mediocre as well.

What really got me into the show was the season one tagline, "Save the cheerleader, save the world."  I was curious what it meant and after falling in love with the season one characters, I stuck with it because I wanted to know what happens to each one of them.  Poor Nate.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »
Of all the characters to bring back I would love to see Christopher Eccleston reprise his role as Claude.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 06:46:02 AM »
Watched the prequel webisodes. Surprisingly non-awful.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
My only point of critique so far is the lack of Sylar :'(
but Hiro's appearence in the trailer made me squee.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »
I know HRG has no powers but how did he walk away from that explosion with only a few scratches?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 12:19:53 AM »
Ugh, any hope i had that they might've learned something from their mistakes was trashed by the pilot.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 01:48:40 AM »
I know HRG has no powers but how did he walk away from that explosion with only a few scratches?

Yeah, and how did Claire died from the explosion when she CAN'T DIE???????

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 04:47:16 AM »
If the explosion is big enough I'm sure she could.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
Ugh, any hope i had that they might've learned something from their mistakes was trashed by the pilot.
It felt like it might have been stronger without the Tokyo thread.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
Yeah the tokyo thread was just ridiculous, and leads one to think they still haven't settled on a metaphysics of the powers. But given that the original series had what seemed like 15 abandoned explanations, maybe there's still room for improvement.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh and the thing that's coming - it's totally Sauron, right?