Author Topic: My Lament  (Read 3559 times)

pewlagon

• Boss
My Lament
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:42:36 PM »
Today I found out that I am fighting for my very existence here among all of you. Since last November I have been battling increasing horrid back and head aches. Today was I was given a very clear picture of why, tumors. One next to my spine the other clearly evident on my throat.

On top of all this i have discovered my anxiety and depression states are due to a combination of bi-polar type one and conditioned traumatic stress.

You have all been a great source of strength for me over the years. This community rocks. Please keep your prayers and positive thoughts headed my way. Over the coming months I will need them. It seems I defeated one health crisis only to head into a bigger one.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
Re: My Lament
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:15:58 PM »
My most extreme and sincere condolences; I've suffered from depression myself in the past and I know its an awful, awful thing to have to deal with.
I can't imagine how bad it is with all of these other things hanging over your head as well, in addition to the worry that the tumors are no doubt causing.
Here's hoping these issues get resolved soon. I'm not religious and therefore can't really offer my prayers, I will offer my positive thoughts get well soon :)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:16 AM »
I pray that you will indeed recover and be able to fully enjoy ...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:53:24 AM »
I send good vibes and am confident you will overcome your own personal Hamidon.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
It seems I defeated one health crisis only to head into a bigger one.

Real life can often be a bigger grind than any MMO.  Just remember the lessons of City of Heroes.  Its not just about achievements, its about the journey.  Fight to unlock the future, but live a little each day to make that future worth living.  And no matter how much it seems like you're being handed a bad situation, like severe medical problems or you rolled an Electric/Fire blaster, there's always a way to make the downside smaller and create your own good side.  Perhaps moreso when it comes to medical problems than Electric/Fire, but that works out for you.

And as... sigh, Paragon Avenger Super Fire Dragon's Paragon Chat proves, there's always hope. 

Or Codewalker should have gone to medical school.  But mostly hope.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 02:31:48 AM »
Removed some medical suggestions, as Titan Network doesn't support Internet Doctors (follow the directions of your Real Doctor).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 04:45:52 AM »
Thank you Ag.  It seems internet medical advice is like armpits, everybody has a couple and they stink.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »
Removed some medical suggestions, as Titan Network doesn't support Internet Doctors (follow the directions of your Real Doctor).

I thought I emphasized that several times, oh well. best wishes for pewlagon and a full recovery.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 03:19:43 AM »

Sixty-two milliseconds.

That's the fastest I've ever asked a question, then answered my own question, then admonished myself for asking the question.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
Prayers for a full recovery.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
Sixty-two milliseconds.

That's the fastest I've ever asked a question, then answered my own question, then admonished myself for asking the question.
Why did it take so long?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »
Why did it take so long?

Self-recrimination is a relatively slow process?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 04:45:24 AM »
Self-recrimination is a relatively slow process?

He he, yeah, sometimes I never get around to it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:56 AM »
The only suggestions I have are not medical.

Watch a lot of comedy.  Laughing releases endorphins.  People who laugh a lot during their course of treatment seem to do better than those who don't. 

Ginger is very effective at reducing nausea and should not interfere with nor interact with any of your medications, but check with your real doctor.  Any form of ginger; ginger tea, ginger drink, ginger candy, or preserved or fresh ginger.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
Oh, @pewlagon.

Out of anything I can say with any real weight to it, I'm glad they discovered what's going on and I hope that your first was diagnosed in time, and your second was diagnosed *at all* and I hope you start getting the right treatments for each in turn.

Lyc~