Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209996 times)

Yuro

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99 Beta!
« Reply #360 on: August 31, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »
If you've got a cloud storage account (like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.), and are using Windows Vista or newer*, you can move the "Paragon Chat" folder to it, and use the SysInternals "junction" or the Windows 8+ "mklink" command to create a directory junction to the cloud storage folder.  That lets you have the same characters across multiple PCs, and gives you the added benefit of backups in case your PC dies.

Example:
These steps only need to be run on the PC you've got your characters on
1. Move "Paragon Chat" from the %APPDATA% folder to your cloud storage.  Make note of the full path to which you've moved it, e.g. "C:\Users\MyAccount\Dropbox\Paragon Chat".

These steps need to be run on every PC that you want to play Paragon Chat on
2. If using Windows Vista or 7, download the "junction" tool from the Microsoft SysInternals website.  Place it in C:\Windows\System32 or another folder.  If using Windows 8+, no download is necessary.
3. Open a command prompt.
4. Run "cd %APPDATA%" to go to your AppData\Roaming folder.
5a. If Windows Vista or 7: \path\to\junction.exe "%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat" "\path\to\cloud_paragon_chat_location"
5b. If Windows 8+: mklink.exe /j "%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat" "\path\to\cloud_paragon_chat_location"

* Theoretically Windows XP also supports directory junctions, but I haven't tried this on XP.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2015, 07:03:22 PM »
I have no cloud account, and am using Windows 7 for PC.  I have a Paragonchat file (not folder) inside the Tequila, Icon I-24 folder, but that was copied over to the laptop when I copied over the entire Tequila folder.

I'm not finding a Tequila folder. I do have a "Data" folder inside the COH Beta folder, but it has nothing about Paragonchat inside it.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
I have no cloud account, and am using Windows 7 for PC.  I have a Paragonchat file (not folder) inside the Tequila, Icon I-24 folder, but that was copied over to the laptop when I copied over the entire Tequila folder.

I'm not finding a Tequila folder. I do have a "Data" folder inside the COH Beta folder, but it has nothing about Paragonchat inside it.

ParagonChat creates it's own data folder inside the Users directory. To get to it, open an explorer window and type %APPDATA% into the address bar and press enter. You will see a ParagonChat folder. You need to copy that to the new machine in the same location.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »
Success!!  Thanks, guys, you all are great!   :D

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
If you've got a cloud storage account (like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.), and are using Windows Vista or newer*, you can move the "Paragon Chat" folder to it, and use the SysInternals "junction" or the Windows 8+ "mklink" command to create a directory junction to the cloud storage folder.  That lets you have the same characters across multiple PCs, and gives you the added benefit of backups in case your PC dies.

Example:
These steps only need to be run on the PC you've got your characters on
1. Move "Paragon Chat" from the %APPDATA% folder to your cloud storage.  Make note of the full path to which you've moved it, e.g. "C:\Users\MyAccount\Dropbox\Paragon Chat".

These steps need to be run on every PC that you want to play Paragon Chat on
2. If using Windows Vista or 7, download the "junction" tool from the Microsoft SysInternals website.  Place it in C:\Windows\System32 or another folder.  If using Windows 8+, no download is necessary.
3. Open a command prompt.
4. Run "cd %APPDATA%" to go to your AppData\Roaming folder.
5a. If Windows Vista or 7: \path\to\junction.exe "%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat" "\path\to\cloud_paragon_chat_location"
5b. If Windows 8+: mklink.exe /j "%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat" "\path\to\cloud_paragon_chat_location"

* Theoretically Windows XP also supports directory junctions, but I haven't tried this on XP.

For those uncomfortable with manually making hard links and such, there is an app out there designed explicitly to mostly automate this process: http://dropboxifier.codeplex.com/.  I've played around with it in the past and it seems to work, but I'm not an expert in its functionality (however, what it does is pretty simple).  Basically, the app creates its own little database of links that ask for, creates them, and also informs you if the computer you are on doesn't have those links.  In other words, you load the app and run it, you tell it to make a link, such as for Paragon Chat, it moves the files to Dropbox and makes the link.  If you go to another PC with Dropbox and run the app, the app will tell you basically that another PC of yours has a link for Paragon Chat, would you like to make that link here as well (it does that by highlighting the links in red on that PC).  If you already have files there, it asks you whether you want to overwrite or merge them, keeping the newest copy.

Magnum

• Underling
« Reply #365 on: September 05, 2015, 04:36:43 AM »
My I24 CoH folder is missing something. When I download paragon chat 0.99 beta I get a popup saying "you must start Paragon Chat from a folder containing a complete installation of City of Heroes" ... well I have no clue where the complete installation went as I never did anything with it after the game shut down, UGH. Is there anything I can do?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: September 05, 2015, 05:55:08 AM »
If you have the files from the live servers, you do not have I24. You have I23. You need the beta server files for Paragon Chat.

http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html
(note: the torrent has few seeds so your best bet is to get Tequila or Island Rum, noted further down the page)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #367 on: September 05, 2015, 06:44:28 PM »
Interesting, just like Faultline, there are some buildings with elevators.
touching the door brought me up/down a tall radio tower building behind AE in Atlas.

If this is old news, disregard my silly discoveries in Paragon chat.

Katzen

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
  • the fattest chinchilla in Paragon
    • My blog - Some NSFW, view at own risk.
« Reply #368 on: September 05, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »
Yeah, you can find those kinds of doors in Praetoria too. They're pretty much just roof access to some buildings if you're too lazy to fly up or something.    :P

[[EDIT: Removed color tag that made it impossible to read the text. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:18:27 AM by Aggelakis »
hello, you may have stumbled apon my fourm profile! i'm a roleplayer - from Freedom server - main is/was Lynx the pink kitty, 50 scrapper. was in the Bulletproof SG. (?????)? / i play champs under the global @littlemissmarsh

DB editor. somewhat good at it. pm in game for @Katzen

im ALSO @littlemissmarsh on Champions Online.

HorseManDemon

• Minion
« Reply #369 on: September 05, 2015, 11:08:54 PM »
Though they were rather nice to find before flying was implemented. I just ran around atlas for like 2 hours seeing what building I could manage to climb on top of. (Used to practice parkour IRL so it's kind of a natural inclination :P)

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #370 on: September 07, 2015, 03:12:37 AM »
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one, I spent almost all my time trying to see how high I could get without the use of travel powers until flight was implemented. Kept meaning to try and get organised enough to turn it into a game... Like each person takes a picture somewhere hard to get to, then the next person tries to take a picture in the same place and then submits a destination of their own!

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
Is the Katie Hannon TF map available in the map menu?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
Just wondering... Is there any intention to set the perma-night time flag in the zones over Halloween?

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2015, 08:56:26 PM »
Just wondering... Is there any intention to set the perma-night time flag in the zones over Halloween?
Oh, that would be sweet, if it's possible.   :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »

I don't know the answer to this question but I should post a reminder that there's no central server for Paragon Chat and thus what you see in terms of environment is based solely on your own copy of Paragon Chat.  If Paragon Chat is patched to support such things, only people running that version of Paragon Chat would see that effect.  People running older versions wouldn't, and because updating isn't mandatory that could be a lot of people.  Mechanically for Codewalker to support "seasonal" effects he really has to put such effects into the code way in advance to ensure most players would update in time and see them.  Its not like a normal MMO where the devs can patch the game tonight to allow players to see it tomorrow.

If Codewalker wants to surprise Paragon Chat users with Halloween/Winter/Xmas seasonal effects, I suspect he'd want to put them in the code weeks if not months in advance.

It does make me wonder if Codewalker has thought about signed global flag messages.

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
I guess I'm addicted to updates of this program.  Anyone else check this thread daily to see if a new version is out?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
I guess I'm addicted to updates of this program.  Anyone else check this thread daily to see if a new version is out?

Why? When something new is posted, it'll get a little "New" flag next to it in the thread list. :p

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2015, 03:54:21 AM »
Not to mention if a new version is out, PC will update itself and you can go see why. ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Count Vampyro

• Underling
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2015, 03:25:16 AM »
I found that there are still many costume parts that are locked in PC 0.99.  Is this being worked, or is there way to manually unlock them?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2015, 06:54:51 AM »
I found that there are still many costume parts that are locked in PC 0.99.  Is this being worked, or is there way to manually unlock them?

All parts should be unlocked, which ones are you missing?